Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

CJVWS Show-N-Shine July 10 2016
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jhicken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:45 pm    Post subject: CJVWS Show-N-Shine July 10 2016 Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

July 10th 2016 from 9am till ????

Mark yer calendars for one of the best "all free" all air-cooled events in the northeast [or at least in Jersey].

We got a new location!!!

Sadly, Billy Egenton of Foreign Car Werks has retired so the shop is no longer available however just two doors down, America's Florist, has generously opened up there lot for our event. It's actually a bigger space so we will have more room for more cars!

Last year we had over 100 cars and with free food, drink, music, and fun it's obvious why this event keeps getting better and better.

For more info, call 973.454.2024 or visit http://www.cjvws.com/sns

-jeffrey
kirk1015
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: CJVWS Show-N-Shine July 10 2016 Reply with quote

Can't wait for this show. Last year was my first one.
Really enjoyed it, that and the All Air Gathering in Flanders were terrific.

I was sad that Billy Egerton of Foreign Car Werks has retired. Sad for me, happy for him I should say. I was planning on bringing my 74 Beetle to them for opinions and obviously having work done. I'm still learning on how to do things with these cars. Best of Luck to him.
73sports
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: CJVWS Show-N-Shine July 10 2016 Reply with quote

He's not fully retired, just needed to take a brake from the grind. My understanding is that he is still working on aircooled stuff. Taking things at a more easy pace.

Central Jersey VW Society
jhicken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: CJVWS Show-N-Shine July 10 2016 Reply with quote

I should have been more clear. The shop is no more but Billy is still working on a few of the air-cooleds from home.

-jeffrey
dcheek
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:05 am    Post subject: Re: CJVWS Show-N-Shine July 10 2016 Reply with quote

This is the event that made me join the Central Jersey Volkswagen Society. Low key, free food and talkin vintage VW's. What's not to like?

By the way the new venue, just down the street is awesome. Can't wait!

Dave
1966 Westy
1976 914 2.0
1989 911 Carrera
1981 Diesel Rabbit Pick Up
1982 Diesel Vanagon
2014 Golf (last year German mfr for NA)
2019 Jetta Gli, 35th Anniversary Edition, 6 speed
Bucky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: CJVWS Show-N-Shine July 10 2016 Reply with quote

I'm looking forward to the new location. Should make for a cool backdrop and much easier parking.

"Got a lot to carry? Get a box."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bucky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: CJVWS Show-N-Shine July 10 2016 Reply with quote

A bunch of CJVWS members were at America's Florist today checking everything out for next weekend and I have to say the new location should be great! Lots of shade, plenty of parking, and further back off Route 28 will provide more privacy. Looking forward to see you all next weekend!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MMW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: CJVWS Show-N-Shine July 10 2016 Reply with quote

Looking forward to this. It's a great time every year!
Update - third pc. found!
Now just need the case halves.
1965 fenderless beetle
Karzapart55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: CJVWS Show-N-Shine July 10 2016 Reply with quote

Are we meeting Sat. To set up?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MMW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: CJVWS Show-N-Shine July 10 2016 Reply with quote

Thank you to the cjvws crew once again. Another awesome time was had in a great new location. Year after year you guys pull off outstanding gatherings. Thank you
Update - third pc. found!
Now just need the case halves.
1965 fenderless beetle
dinsey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:08 pm    Post subject: Re: CJVWS Show-N-Shine July 10 2016 Reply with quote

Yes, excellent show, lots more elbow room, and continued excellence in t-shirt design!
Decal as theme!

Cool rubber...

Thanks for a great show!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bucky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: CJVWS Show-N-Shine July 10 2016 Reply with quote

Thanks everyone who came out. The show was a blast as always. The new location and cool weather made for a great time. If anyone snapped any more pictures please post them up as I forgot to take some in all the fun. Here's one of the few I got of the awards (special shout out to jhicken for the sweet artwork).

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: