Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

batman v superman... ??
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
DONGKG
The Araneta Boys

Location: Cainta, Rizal, Philippines, "A Certified Type 3 and Karmann Ghia Maniac"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:34 am    Post subject: batman v superman... ?? Reply with quote

I watched that movie and it was short of what I was expecting. It was a good movie but it lacked some Gotham important characters. Lex for instance wwould have been a super villan had he opted for world domination rather than playing the Joker. Clark wpuld have discovered who bruce was in an indepth research and went to arkham asylum and discovered that all the super villans of gotham were imprisoned becuase of the batman and one was empty becuase the joker escaped. In the end lex would have been heavily injured rendering him inutile and crippled and while in the hospital heavily guarded a group of armed mob took him leaving millions of playing cards flying in the room and the Joker cards were revealed in the end. Again these are only my opinion. Just what if. But overall it was good. What do you think?
'67 Splitty Bus
'65 beetle;'69 Country Buggy; '44 Kubelwagen (replica) TOOB MEMBER #20
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jwp67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: batman v superman... ?? Reply with quote

I have heard about it, but have not seen it. I was hoping that it would follow the story line from the Dark Knight series. That was some good stuff! I probably won't see it now after hearing how Hollywood ran the story.
DONGKG
The Araneta Boys

Location: Cainta, Rizal, Philippines, "A Certified Type 3 and Karmann Ghia Maniac"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:23 pm    Post subject: Re: batman v superman... ?? Reply with quote

jwp67 wrote:
I have heard about it, but have not seen it. I was hoping that it would follow the story line from the Dark Knight series. That was some good stuff! I probably won't see it now after hearing how Hollywood ran the story.

There are so many parts of the story that would have been taken away and substituted for better scenes and story line. Chris Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy was the best so far interpretation of Batman's life, his frustrations, his victories, and everything. The Stories of the Dark Knight Trilogy were great too.

In the Batman v Superman, it lacked the true essence of batman being the Dark Knight. But, the story was better than nothing at all. At least, it was the start of the forthcoming Justice League.

And Vin Diesel would have been a better choice than Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor. Eisenberg's portrayal of the super villain Lex Luthor was more of a high school bully freak, rather than a man with the grandeur motive for world domination and total control of the entire human race. It seemed that Eisenberg's Lex missed this spot!

Succinctly put, I hope Zack will give us a better interpretation of the Justice League in the forthcoming movie.

I just hope… Sad
'67 Splitty Bus
'65 beetle;'69 Country Buggy; '44 Kubelwagen (replica) TOOB MEMBER #20
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dwayne1m
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: batman v superman... ?? Reply with quote

I took my son to see it last weekend. I rated it a 7 out of 10. I thought the guy that played Lex Luthor did an excellent job. I think Affleck plays a good Bruce Wayne but not a good fit for Batman, but Batman is a hard role to play. He is just a normal guy with cool toys. Not a super hero like Superman. Anyway, my son loved it and saw all the things I missed with the future characters. My favorite Batman was the first movie with Michael Keaton. I thought Keaton did a super job playing Batman and Bruce Wayne. Clooney was terrible as Batman.
tootype2crazy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: batman v superman... ?? Reply with quote

I saw it. My biggest gripe is the movie is terribly dark and dreary. It's completely joyless. I liked all the superheroes including Batman, Superman, and definitely Wonder Woman. They could have turned up the color saturation a little. When the movie tries to inject humor (something Marvel is really good at) it falls completely flat because of the dark vibe of the movie. Superman seems like such a tragic and weak character when really he is a god among men. It's kinda stupid. Eisenberg's Lex Luthor really sucked. He came off as insane instead of a megalomaniac and mastermind. His lines are delivered in an unconvincing pathetic way. Other than that, it was worth watching for the spectacle of it and the part where Batman kicks some serious ass is worth the way too long 2 1/2 hour run time.
1970 Single Cab 2.1 turbo/EFI 6 Rib, 78 front beam, vanagon backing plates on rear (project)
2001 GTI VR6 (wife's)
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: