Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

CIS-E help ! 88 fox
Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
tinkertoes43055
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:12 pm    Post subject: CIS-E help ! 88 fox Reply with quote

Hello there, i hope someone here is a pro with CIS-E

i have an 88 vw fox with 1.8 CIS-E, at idle the car runs very rough and shakes and sounds terrible.

i have the DPR cable to test the amperage, if i unplug the DPR the car idles pretty well for a few before stumbling a little.

if i put the cable in, and watch the amperage. When the car starts i get about 16-17ma. the car runs rough but then the amp output starts droping, and at about 4-6 the car sounds great and revs up great, when it revs up i can see like ~25ma, but then the output starts dropping more and goes to 0m and the car doesnt want to hardly run, and when i rev the engine the amps out stays at 0ma on the meter. and then the car dies.

it seems like when it dies i hear the idle speed boost valve on firewall clicks, but i think that is it just trying to correct for the low rpms?

hopefully this is making sense to someone, i am having a hard time understanding whats going on.

thanks !!
ps2375
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:12 am    Post subject: Re: CIS-E help ! 88 fox Reply with quote

I wish I could offer you some help, but I completely skipped CIS-e altogether.

Am I correct in guessing you are trying to adjust it after installing the M-B injectors?
tinkertoes43055
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:14 am    Post subject: Re: CIS-E help ! 88 fox Reply with quote

Nope,
I am trying to fix what I have first .
In my readings I've read about the m-b injectors and have considered that at a later time.

The car just runs like crap and I am not understanding 100% the testing procedure and what I'm doing incorrect.
ps2375
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: CIS-E help ! 88 fox Reply with quote

And you have checked for vacuum leaks around the intake boots and the injector seals?(very important)
Where does the measuring amperage come from, the O2 sensor?
tinkertoes43055
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: CIS-E help ! 88 fox Reply with quote

I've sprayed stuff around all the boots to try to hear any rev difference . injector seals are next on my list to replace.

What's odd is if I have the dpr plugged in and start, the motor shakes and sounds terrible like a miss.
If I start the car with dpr unplugged, it starts right up and sounds great but then starts to run rough again.
ps2375
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: CIS-E help ! 88 fox Reply with quote

Personally, I would take the boots off and do a physical inspection. And the difference is running with and w/o the meter connected is weird, have you looked on VWVortex, there is a lot more people on there that mess with the CIS-e, than are on here.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: