Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW Beetle brake noise
Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
gustn101
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:03 pm    Post subject: VW Beetle brake noise Reply with quote

HI, I have a 2013 beetle with 36k miles on it.

It's been serviced on time, both in terms of time and mileage. After the 30k service, at around 35k, I noticed that my brakes started to squeal. The dealership ran diagnostics and replaced my rear brake pads.

1k miles later (now), I'm hearing similar noise, but worse.
I hear a high-pitched squeal when I press the brake, and as I come to a stop, I hear a metal-grinding noise. The squeal sort of sounds like a quiet horn, like a "doooooo" noise if you get it (I know....but I have no better way of describing it). At first I thought I heard something drain/flush as I stopped, but it was the metal-grinding noise.

The reasons why I haven't returned to the dealership is because:
1) It goes away after first few brakes.
2) It only happens when the car's been sitting in the lot for at least a few hours.
3) No indicators have turned on.
4) I'm out of warranty and I was just at the dealership a little over 1k ago.

Has anyone had similar problems? I was told I have the disc brakes. Could that have anything to do with this noise?

THANKS!
ps2375
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Beetle brake noise Reply with quote

Take it to a tire shop and have them inspect the brakes for the squeal. They may just need the caliper/pad mating surfaces cleaned and some new anti-squeal grease/glue.
mehran_mo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Beetle brake noise Reply with quote

if its continuously, perhaps the pads springs doesn't fit well and the pads are moving a bit or shaking in their place.
but if it goes after first several braking its related to the pads material, have to use pads grease to remove the noise.
Karmannut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: VW Beetle brake noise Reply with quote

Here's a really good place for all things for the water cooled beetle
http://newbeetle.org/forums/
Air and Water do mix!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: