Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Problems with KGPR ?
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
lonotch
Samba Padrino

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: problems with KGPR ? Reply with quote

kiwighia68 wrote:
Like Todd (Desmato) I started an order with KGP&R - on 15 January 2015. I need 4 metres of TMI vinyl for the upholstery of 2 seats to match my car's TMI interior (delivered by KGP&R).

Price, shipping, credit card and delivery details were in place on 2 February.

It's another month later and the order has not been executed yet.

I've made it quite clear to KGP&R that if I don't receive the vinyl on time (now 15 March) the upholstering is going to cost me an extra $400.

All I've had so far are promises. I'm ready to give up.

PS Does anyone know how I can source TMI vinyl through someone else?

Why not go to TMI directly? They advertise on here.

German Folks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kiwighia68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: problems with KGPR ? Reply with quote

lonotch wrote:
kiwighia68 wrote:
Like Todd (Desmato) I started an order with KGP&R - on 15 January 2015. I need 4 metres of TMI vinyl for the upholstery of 2 seats to match my car's TMI interior (delivered by KGP&R).

Price, shipping, credit card and delivery details were in place on 2 February.

It's another month later and the order has not been executed yet.

I've made it quite clear to KGP&R that if I don't receive the vinyl on time (now 15 March) the upholstering is going to cost me an extra $400.

All I've had so far are promises. I'm ready to give up.

PS Does anyone know how I can source TMI vinyl through someone else?

Why not go to TMI directly? They advertise on here.

I tried, but they didn't respond.
scotty timmerman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: problems with KGPR ? Reply with quote

when i did my tmi interior i found the cheapest prices at jbugs.com

http://www.jbugs.com/?utm_source=Bing&utm_medi...m=%2Bjbugs
73 super beetle
57 oval: build thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8616563#8616563
63 beetle reassembly: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7458619#7458619
2332cc engine build: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8608429&highlight=#8608429
84 vanagon westfalia wolfsburg edition
CiderGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: problems with KGPR ? Reply with quote

scotty timmerman wrote:
when i did my tmi interior i found the cheapest prices at jbugs.com

http://www.jbugs.com/?utm_source=Bing&utm_medi...m=%2Bjbugs

When I bought my two tone interior, I found the best prices by far here.

https://www.mtmfg.com

1970 Karmann Ghia Coupe
1973 Karmann Ghia Coupe - Project car for sale
1970 Karmann Ghia Convertible (Body off restoration)

Timing is everything
Mellow Yellow 74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: problems with KGPR ? Reply with quote

I bought a whole bunch of TMI stuff twice through eVW Parts (http://www.evwparts.com) and was happy with their pricing and service.

A lot of TMI stuff is made to order so maybe KGPR are waiting for the order to be made, therefore cancelling and buying through someone else may not speed anything up.
kiwighia68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: problems with KGPR ? Reply with quote

Mellow Yellow 74 wrote:
I bought a whole bunch of TMI stuff twice through eVW Parts (http://www.evwparts.com) and was happy with their pricing and service.

A lot of TMI stuff is made to order so maybe KGPR are waiting for the order to be made, therefore cancelling and buying through someone else may not speed anything up.

You make a valid point about special orders, but my order is for 4 metres of (bulk) vinyl. And I was told it had been received at KGP&R last week.
desmato
Samba Member

Location: Michigan, USA, Earth, Milkyway, Universe,... Bottom of some being's shoe !

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: problems with KGPR ? Reply with quote

An Update that may help with Kiwi's issue as well. Or at least shed a little light ?

I sent one more friendly email inquiring about the order. this was the response:

Todd,
I do apologize. Its seems you and I are equally mixed up and confused. I did however just find an issue within our sales system that I was unaware of that was adding to our confusion. There were parts in to the rubber kits that I intended you to see that were not at all correct. That is why you were getting parts that didn’t make sense and the same on my end. That has been cleared up.
I will have our sales manager call you tomorrow to try to help clear this up. His name is Andre.
Thank you,
Christopher Tutor
Karmann Ghia Parts and Restoration
1-800-927-2787
EXT: 121"

Now, this was Wed 3-9-16 @ 6pm Eastern. I didn't get a call today, but at least the communication is back.
kiwighia68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: problems with KGPR ? Reply with quote

desmato wrote:
An Update that may help with Kiwi's issue as well...

Funny that you should say that. My parcel arrived a few minutes ago.
Andre@KGPR/Airhead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: problems with KGPR ? Reply with quote

Hi everyone-- I was off for a few days, and been busy catching up. I want to first off, apologize to desmato. We just spoke on the phone and he is very patient and accommodating, which I very much appreciate.

We've gone through some big changes here the last couple of weeks-- we upgraded our 15 year old patched and re-patched inventory system to a modern product, and the roll-out difficulty curve has been steeper than we anticipated. We've been taking orders here one way for years and years, and then one recent Monday morning, we started doing it very differently. We're getting the hang of it now, but we still have some system functionality changes to make, and some processes to get more familiar with.

The upshot to all this work is the new website we have rolling out any day now. It's brand new from scratch, and tied in deep to our new inventory/sales system, so counts and pricing will always be accurate and updated in real time. Our new search engine should also work leaps and bounds better than what we have currently.

I apologize that our internal update/upgrade pains have affected our customers, and would have much preferred never to have explained any of this, and let you all just see the new website when it was ready, but like I said above, it's been tougher than we anticipated.

To all: please accept our apologies, and use this sales code SAMB67 to receive 10% off everything in stock on your next order with either KGPR or Airhead Parts, now through Friday, March 18th.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
motorhead364
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: problems with KGPR ? Reply with quote

Stand up guys. I knew they'd take care of it. Can't wait to see the new site! I'm headed over for 10% off. Woo hoo!
desmato
Samba Member

Location: Michigan, USA, Earth, Milkyway, Universe,... Bottom of some being's shoe !

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: problems with KGPR ? Reply with quote

Andre.... I'm still trying to get a hold of you. Hopefully everything is well, but after numerous emails, calling and leaving 2 messages for you and leaving Scott a message, all with no response, I am loosing faith that I will ever be able to complete this order I started in Jan.

My Ghia has been sitting apart waiting for 4 months and now Summer is here and no car to drive.
bluedot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: problems with KGPR ? Reply with quote

iowegian wrote:
If you can get everything you want from CIP1 for 400 bucks less (and the quality is the same), why bother beating up KGP&R ?

This would be my approach. 40% is a huge percentage.

Remember that Cip is coming out of Canada, (at least for everything I order) so it always takes longer than I want. Canada Import Parts.

I've done probably $5k with KGPR and perhaps $3k with Cip. KGPR has been super solid with me, while I've had some "buyer beware" issues that came up with CIP. (A beam with the adjusters set so they didn't work with dropped spindles.) I was told "Welcome to the world of aftermarket VW" by their point man. I'm replacing it now and the lesson cost me a grand.

KGPR / Airhead has always been great with their timing, their shipping costs and most of all - the quality of the parts they carry. Their rubber, and restoration stuff has been top notch.
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 5:03 am    Post subject: Re: problems with KGPR ? Reply with quote

Just placed an order for 6 or 7 items last week, everything arrived safe and sound a day or two ago, nice service and good parts. I'm happy! Scott runs a good company in my opinion!

Bill
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sputnick60
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 5:13 am    Post subject: Re: problems with KGPR ? Reply with quote

At a guess, maybe your mail address is being caught by a spam filter. Try using an different email account.

Nicholas
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
SoCalJes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 6:49 am    Post subject: Re: problems with KGPR ? Reply with quote

I just ordered everything and I mean everything from screws to latches to get my quarter panel back in from them. Jason immediately responded to any questions I had, the delivery was prompt and the quality was better than I expected.

I have literally received what turned out to be useless crap from some other vendors and thought that was the norm when I started out. KGPR has not turned out to be one of those.
Just because it didn't come that way, doesn't mean it shouldn't have.
desmato
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: problems with KGPR ? Reply with quote

Thanks guys,........ Phone calls and messages to both Scott and Andre have been unanswered, emails have been unanswered (we've corresponded many times in the past 4 months)

I WANT to get my stuff from them but this is sad. Meanwhile, I have a $300 cart with CIP1 for all the parts KGPR doesn't carry, and others at Aircooled.net and Coolrydes for the remainder but ALL work hinges on KGPR getting back to me so I can give them money.

I posted my reply here to Andre because he checks theSamba regularly, or at least did. I wasn't asking for anything but for him to respond if/when he sees it.
Mellow Yellow 74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: problems with KGPR ? Reply with quote

I think you should take the hint and give up - I still don't understand why you just didn't buy the stuff from CIP1 during their moving sale. Is it really reasonable to expect another vendor to give you a 30% discount to match someone else who is clearing stock to avoid moving it? CIP1 are having a 15% off sale so just buy your stuff from them.
Andre@KGPR/Airhead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: problems with KGPR ? Reply with quote

Todd-- I just replied to you in a PM.

There is always someone here M-F 8am-5pm to answer the phone, and any order can be looked up by anyone using a customer's last name.

Thanks,
Andre T.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
trelms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Problems with KGPR ? Reply with quote

Someone please stop this thread as its simply anecdotal to this dude.

I've bought a ton of parts from them in the mean time and never have an issue at all.
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:43 am    Post subject: Re: Problems with KGPR ? Reply with quote

trelms wrote:
Someone please stop this thread as its simply anecdotal to this dude.

I've bought a ton of parts from them in the mean time and never have an issue at all.

Yep I agree...there is and has always been an open topic in the "Feedback Forum"
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: