Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
orangebug60guy
Twin #1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT Reply with quote

As for hype, Litchfield always means we can try some new tricks when I comes to slinging a couple cold brews!

Link

Last fall at the rain date it was a weak showing. I sold a bunch of left over parts. Mostly bulk stuff too which is nice. Big Jack and I always try to make this show.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT Reply with quote

deezal1 wrote:
Hey Everyone! Is there anyone coming from Northern VT or Hartford area willing to bring me 2X4 packs of Lawsons SOS. Also interested in Focal Banger from VT. I know Crazy Bruces in West Hartford or Total Wine has it in CT usually has SOS. I live in PA, its one of my favorite beers. Private message if you can. Thanks!

I'll look around here in Central Vt. for it, grab some up if I can....

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT Reply with quote

orangebug60guy wrote:

Last fall at the rain date it was a weak showing. I sold a bunch of left over parts. Mostly bulk stuff too which is nice. Big Jack and I always try to make this show.

Any time there is a rain date show it will not be as good as the original show that goes for any kind of show. Us and many people plan for shows a long time out (I can tell you where we will be next year....). That said I fully understand why last year was canceled.

Starting to pack after a nice cruise yesterday.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DonKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT Reply with quote

It would be nice if the event promoters would link to a website or include a little more basic information, like:

1. Swap Space Price
2. Move-In Time Sunday morning for swap sellers
3. General public allowed in at what time?
4. What time is the event over?
5. Are swap spaces available day of event?

etc..etc..etc

Basic info like this really helps out-of-towners like myself who are on the fence trying to decide to go.... or not.
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT Reply with quote

DonKombi wrote:
It would be nice if the event promoters would link to a website or include a little more basic information, like:

1. Swap Space Price

etc..etc..etc

Basic info like this really helps out-of-towners like myself who are on the fence trying to decide to go.... or not.

I am not part of the staff just a person that enjoys the show...

a quick search found this info

Swap meet $30 for a space outside, $45 for inside or out front. Line up at the "tree" and we are let in at 7.

General admission starts a 7

Show ends at 3 and awards at 3:30

Unless you want a swap meet space out front or in a building it is first come first serve with plenty of room and really no bad spot. If you want a big buck space you can (should?) Pre reserve your space.

From my past experiences... Camping opens early Saturday afternoon and is in the field below the swap field, enter and exit from the bar way past the main entrance (almost across from the road on the right). Not sure of the cost. Food time is listed as 6:30.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
OldVolks67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT Reply with quote

WM971252 wrote:
DonKombi wrote:

1. Swap Space Price

etc..etc..etc

I am not part of the staff just a person that enjoys the show...

a quick search found this info

Swap meet $30 for a space outside, $45 for inside or out front. Line up at the "tree" and we are let in at 7.

General admission starts a 7

Show ends at 3 and awards at 3:30

Unless you want a swap meet space out front or in a building it is first come first serve with plenty of room and really no bad spot. If you want a big buck space you can (should?) Pre reserve your space.

From my past experiences... Camping opens early Saturday afternoon and is in the field below the swap field, enter and exit from the bar way past the main entrance (almost across from the road on the right). Not sure of the cost. Food time is listed as 6:30.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Here is a little more I could dig up:

28th Annual Litchfield Bug In
June 19, 2016 8am to 3pm

All VW car show and Swap Meet to be held on Fathers Day, June 19 at the Harwinton Fairgrounds, Harwinton, Connecticut. The show is open to all aircooled and watercooled VWs with over 40 classes if you wish to compete for one of the 100 plus awards and special awards. A large swap meet with new and used parts is also on Sunday. On the day before the show, Saturday we have our annual Bug In Bash at the fairgrounds from 6:30 to 8pm. This is an informal social event open to all VW enthusiasts. Free food and lots of VW people to mingle with. Camping at the fairgrounds Sat evening for a small fee. Clean modern restrooms with attendants both Sat and Sunday. Food vendors at the show all day Sunday. Awards at 3:30. All proceeds to the local community fund.

Sponsor: Bronc Callahan Community Fund

When: June 19, 2016 8am to 3pm

Harwinton, CT, 06782

Cost: Spectators $9 Vendors $30 per 20 x 20 space, showcars $15 includes driver, kids free.

To Register: or call Chuck Pisconski at 860 283 5256

1966 Dove Blue home grown camper. “FakeFalia”
Moved on;
1986 Vanagon weekender
1967 13 window “un-deluxe”
1972 Westfalia
1967 Little red Bug
orangebug60guy
Twin #1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT Reply with quote

Maybe Saturday night we could have an Arts and Crafts sessions for the kids.

Link

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT Reply with quote

WM971252 wrote:
(I can tell you where we will be next year....)

you don't know where you're going to be in 6 minutes, who are you kidding? Razz

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
OldVolks67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT Reply with quote

orangebug60guy wrote:
Maybe Saturday night we could have an Arts and Crafts sessions for the kids.

Link

Are these the kind of things your teaching in class? Shocked

1966 Dove Blue home grown camper. “FakeFalia”
Moved on;
1986 Vanagon weekender
1967 13 window “un-deluxe”
1972 Westfalia
1967 Little red Bug
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT Reply with quote

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
WM971252 wrote:
(I can tell you where we will be next year....)

you don't know where you're going to be in 6 minutes, who are you kidding? Razz

May 9 to 14 Brimfield, July 11 to 16 Brimfield, first Friday and Saturday in August Macungee, ....... VW shows not announced yet but..
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT Reply with quote

Camping for the Bug Inn the first year of camping, yes camping was not a part of the show in the beginning

WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT Reply with quote

Show convoy climbing the hill

WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT Reply with quote

The show at the Inn.... Plenty of more pictures in the gallery under our name

skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT Reply with quote

wow, mark l's bus..you had long hair that wasn't white, jim and barbra were driving saaaaaaab's and their kid was just a baby...I know because I camped 1 spot over in the trailer park princess....what good times were had in that old girl Laughing

I think that pic was around the time mangler finished his bug...man, going to make me go diggin' for pix

*edit* shit, I had a mullet, or a "shorty lo-back" as it was known Shocked Laughing

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
thewalrus
Big Jack

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:44 am    Post subject: Re: Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT Reply with quote

Dirty stinkfoots... Wink

60vwnewengland wrote:
Looking forward to next weekend, weed, krunk juice, hookers, blow, hanging with bums, philly, ...the awards!
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT Reply with quote

Shocked wow...after how many years? been since what, '00-01?

Some research last night.... It looks like 1995 was the last year the Panel was at Litchfield... And I thought it was only 15 years it was off the road Crying or Very sad
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:10 am    Post subject: Re: Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT Reply with quote

wow, mark l's bus..you had long hair that wasn't white, jim and barbra were driving saaaaaaab's and their kid was just a baby...I know because I camped 1 spot over in the trailer park princess....what good times were had in that old girl Laughing

I think that pic was around the time mangler finished his bug...man, going to make me go diggin' for pix

*edit* shit, I had a mullet, or a "shorty lo-back" as it was known Shocked Laughing

Jim was in the 55 camper, Barb and Madeline were in the back up Saab. She was not that young then. If you look at the convoy pic you can see the Princess.
BlastMasterMannyFresh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT Reply with quote

hazetguy wrote:
Gonna sit this one out. Maybe next year.
More vintage Litchfield pics are in my gallery.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_search.php?...r=Hazetguy

thanks for the old memories John, this is my white bus making its debut back in 1999 , I had just finished it and quite honestly it hasn't really changed much since
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwsplitman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT Reply with quote

Also, Antique tractor pulling much of the day on Saturday . Tractor pull area. Very Happy
vanagonjr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT Reply with quote

Anyone want to Bicycle the Farmington River Trail, (late) Sat afternoon?
Probably 3pm, as I am kayoing in the AM (on Mass, near the Cape)
Alternatively - any good ponds or lakes to paddle nearby?

I'll be there in the Honda as usual
LiMBO is on Facebook too! https://www.facebook.com/groups/
FAQ thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=525798
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: