Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Self-driving cars will be “here” by 2020!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Self-driving cars will be “here” by 2020! Reply with quote

I'll gladly pay the ticket when I get busted for getting freaky in the self-driving car.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Self-driving cars will be “here” by 2020! Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
I'll gladly pay the ticket when I get busted for getting freaky in the self-driving car.

Well.... that's at least one ticket..... since you're by yourself.... Laughing

VOLKSWAGNUT wrote:
Badumbump..tisssss
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Its about the going not the showing
Rebuilt to drive not decorate
WANTED: Local Eatin' Joints, Triple D for TheSamba contributions here http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=570510
Search "VOLKSWAGNUT" on YouTube since you cant watch a "certain" BELT change video round here
Usually and often edited
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Self-driving cars will be “here” by 2020! Reply with quote

LOL, never let a hard on go to waste.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Self-driving cars will be “here” by 2020! Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
LOL, never let a hard on go to waste.

From the Bucket List Laughing

"never pass up a bathroom, never waste a hard-on, and never trust a fart"

Its about the going not the showing
Rebuilt to drive not decorate
WANTED: Local Eatin' Joints, Triple D for TheSamba contributions here http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=570510
Search "VOLKSWAGNUT" on YouTube since you cant watch a "certain" BELT change video round here
Usually and often edited
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
60ragtop
Bonneville Belt Bitch

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Self-driving cars will be “here” by 2020! Reply with quote

VOLKSWAGNUT wrote:
From the Bucket List
Laughing

"never pass up a bathroom, never waste a hard-on, and never trust a fart"..

you need to get out more often Wink
Certified Hunter Wheel Alignment Master Technician 1986

tasb wrote:
I've restored a large number too, but I don't toot my horn quite as loud.

sb001 wrote:
maybe he just snapped cause his car sucked Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dwayne1m
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Self-driving cars will be “here” by 2020! Reply with quote

Ok, I'm reading a lot of comments on this thread but I don't recall anyone asking why they are building driverless cars since nobody I know has ever asked for one, so I will acknowledge the elephant in the room, and even the most paranoia claiming person has to realize the fact that driverless cars are coming, so then why are so many car companies, and companies like Google so involved in the research and implementation of driverless cars?
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Self-driving cars will be “here” by 2020! Reply with quote

Dwayne1m wrote:
Ok, I'm reading a lot of comments on this thread but I don't recall anyone asking why they are building driverless cars since nobody I know has ever asked for one, so I will acknowledge the elephant in the room, and even the most paranoia claiming person has to realize the fact that driverless cars are coming, so then why are so many car companies, and companies like Google so involved in the research and implementation of driverless cars?

Well duh!, it frees up more time to search Google, shop, text, watch cat videos, surf the Samba, etc.,,, all this hands on the wheel and paying attention to the road crap is eating up valuable on line time when you could be looking at thier ads instead Wink The others want to stay in the game just like park assist, or blind spot monitoring, or going back a ways to simple things like cup holders, monkey see monkey do.

There's many drivers around here who I'd much prefer they let the car do the driving instead of them Shocked

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Self-driving cars will be “here” by 2020! Reply with quote

Just like uber drivers are displacing cabbies, Google cars will be displacing uber drivers & the new cab companies will replace people with self driving cars just like the food service industry will replace people with automated machines.

enjoyther1de
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Self-driving cars will be “here” by 2020! Reply with quote

I sure would miss being able to jump in my ACVW and drive across this beautiful country of ours. Would we be limited to driving on closed courses etc? Seems like it limits my freedoms. The dude will not abide.
Dwayne1m
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Self-driving cars will be “here” by 2020! Reply with quote

busdaddy wrote:
Dwayne1m wrote:

There's many drivers around here who I'd much prefer they let the car do the driving instead of them Shocked

I don't know of a single person who wants a driverless car. The only people who I think would like the idea are drunks and older people who can't drive anymore.
Dwayne1m
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Self-driving cars will be “here” by 2020! Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
Just like uber drivers are displacing cabbies, Google cars will be displacing uber drivers & the new cab companies will replace people with self driving cars just like the food service industry will replace people with automated machines.

My guess is that they will use driverless cars as taxis first to get the public comfortable with them.
enjoyther1de
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Self-driving cars will be “here” by 2020! Reply with quote

Just thought of something, how do you ride a motorcycle in a world full of self driving cars?
Dwayne1m
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Self-driving cars will be “here” by 2020! Reply with quote

enjoyther1de wrote:
Just thought of something, how do you ride a motorcycle in a world full of self driving cars?

Do you see anyone building driverless motorcycles? Hmmmm. Could that be a clue?
enjoyther1de
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Self-driving cars will be “here” by 2020! Reply with quote

Dwayne1m wrote:
enjoyther1de wrote:

Do you see anyone building driverless motorcycles? Hmmmm. Could that be a clue?

That's my point. You don't think that is an infringement on my pursuit of happiness? Unless this country completely pusses out in future generations we as free Americans will not allow this.
Dwayne1m
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Self-driving cars will be “here” by 2020! Reply with quote

Do you see commercials about driverless cars? Do you hear politicians promising driverless cars for everyone? I don't. My gut tells me someone is pushing for this and it's not the general public.

Quick research showed me this: "Google's self driving car, developed by Google X as part of its project to develop technology for mainly electric cars".

And this: Daimler predicted driverless cars w/o steering wheels will be on the market by 2025

And this: Almost all car manufacturers are claiming driverless cars will be on the road by 2020 or sooner.

And this: An Institute for Electrical and Electronics Engineers predict that 75% of all vehicles will be autonomous by 2040

The public isn't calling for this, the politicians aren't promising this, so what is the driving force behind this?
enjoyther1de
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Self-driving cars will be “here” by 2020! Reply with quote

New world order and the illuminati. The ruling class does not like personal freedoms. And aliens.
ach60 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Self-driving cars will be “here” by 2020! Reply with quote

Lori Piestewa & Jessica Lynch would have liked a self driving car.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jessica_Lynch
DARPA Grand Challenge
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DARPA_Grand_Challenge
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DARPA_Grand_Challenge_%282005%29
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DARPA_Grand_Challenge_%282007%29
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dwayne1m
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:11 am    Post subject: Re: Self-driving cars will be “here” by 2020! Reply with quote

ach60 wrote:
Lori Piestewa & Jessica Lynch would have liked a self driving car.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jessica_Lynch
DARPA Grand Challenge
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DARPA_Grand_Challenge
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DARPA_Grand_Challenge_%282005%29
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DARPA_Grand_Challenge_%282007%29

Are you really trying to say that all these companies are investing millions into autonomous cars for the DARPA Challenge?
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:16 am    Post subject: Re: Self-driving cars will be “here” by 2020! Reply with quote

I'm definitely seeing other advantages/disadvantages, it's easier to dismiss a "cabride" than a hotel room for those that are having affairs (cheaper too). Then there's the mobile brothel aspect. As if cabs weren't seedy enough already.

60ragtop
Bonneville Belt Bitch

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: Self-driving cars will be “here” by 2020! Reply with quote

Dwayne1m wrote:
it's not the general public.

What's the general public opinion have to do with much of anything any more Wink
Certified Hunter Wheel Alignment Master Technician 1986

tasb wrote:
I've restored a large number too, but I don't toot my horn quite as loud.

sb001 wrote:
maybe he just snapped cause his car sucked Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Jump to:
Page 3 of 15

Jump to: