Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

2016 CO Southern San Juans Trip II, July 29-31
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
camit34
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: 2016 CO Southern San Juans Trip II, July 29-31 Reply with quote

doublea_ron wrote:
We try to make it every year but I've never actually been in the show, just from a far...

Rereading that and I don't mean to say that I don't go into the show myself, I just don't take my bus in. The family and I walk around the show and I usually pick a few items from the swap.
1967 Freedom Camper (SOLD)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: 2016 CO Southern San Juans Trip II, July 29-31 Reply with quote

Go to Painter's, a much better experience...
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: 2016 CO Southern San Juans Trip II, July 29-31 Reply with quote

Hey Manfred, do you have any functioning T1 OG Tstats floating around your VW farm?
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: 2016 CO Southern San Juans Trip II, July 29-31 Reply with quote

yup, super secret stash, pm me for details/bribes/etc...
seizure66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: 2016 CO Southern San Juans Trip II, July 29-31 Reply with quote

I just went to check the dates on this, I already have it on my calendar!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
peaceful warrior
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: 2016 CO Southern San Juans Trip II, July 29-31 Reply with quote

richparker wrote:
Official list:
1. cdollar '57 Westy
2. richparker '68 Tin Top Westy, The Bone Bus
3. Mtnbus '59 DD panel camper, Frankie
4. Manfred58sc '69 ex-adventure wagon deluxe.
5. Jmsty76 '76 Westy (Oklahoma)
5. Busboy73 '73 Westy (Oklahoma)
6. Doublea_ron '71 Westy
7. Big Bus Mike, put him on so he comes with us Wink
8. Topbud '86 Syncro
9. BusboyJake '78 Westy (Uncle Yeti '77 Westy?)
10. Volksheads, all the way for NC?!?!? Word!
11. Bulli klinik '69 (?) Dormy
12. Stu? What ever he has that will make it Wink
13. Peaceful Warrior (Brian), 87 Sycnro most likely.

Any one heard from Peaceful warrior?

I'm in. Tony Cola and Geoffrey Bishop just told me about it this morning.
66 13W Deluxe, 68 Westfalia, 87 Syncro.
TOOB Member #15
Brian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: 2016 CO Southern San Juans Trip II, July 29-31 Reply with quote

peaceful warrior wrote:
richparker wrote:

Well alright alright! It'll be good to see you again.
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: 2016 CO Southern San Juans Trip II, July 29-31 Reply with quote

Official List:

1. cdollar '57 Westy
2. richparker '68 Tin Top Westy, The Bone Bus
3. Mtnbus '59 DD panel camper, Frankie
4. Manfred58sc '69 ex-adventure wagon deluxe.
5. Jmsty76 '76 Westy (Oklahoma)
5. Busboy73 '73 Westy (Oklahoma)
6. Doublea_ron '71 Westy
7. Big Bus Mike, I forget the year of his split
8. Topbud '86 Syncro
9. BusboyJake '78 Westy (Uncle Yeti '77 Westy?)
10. Seizure66, '66 Jersy looker?
11. Bulli klinik '69 (?) Dormy
12. Stu? '78 westy w/LSD, Maisy
13. Peaceful Warrior (Brian), 87 Sycnro most likely
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: 2016 CO Southern San Juans Trip II, July 29-31 Reply with quote

Bubba is down in Baja with his '59 right now. Check out his thread in the split forum. The thread is last years and this years trip. He's been emailing me photos and I've posted them.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=622621&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
peaceful warrior
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: 2016 CO Southern San Juans Trip II, July 29-31 Reply with quote

richparker wrote:
peaceful warrior wrote:
richparker wrote:

Well alright alright! It'll be good to see you again.

You too Rich! Thanks man. Wish I had the 66 ready to go but I think it will take me the rest of the summer to finish it up. No work done over the Winter as all of my inside work space was taken up with storage of lumber for another house project and boxes of crap/stuff we were supposed to sell at a yard sale back in Oct. which never came off...lol Next dry weekend and it will be gone.

Thanks for the link to Bubba's Baja! Is he making that a regular Spring trip?
TOOB Member #15
Brian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
peaceful warrior
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: 2016 CO Southern San Juans Trip II, July 29-31 Reply with quote

cdollar wrote:
Awesome!!! Mike, Tony would be great to see you guys again! Typing this on my phone from a cabin in Silver City NM. Weather is awesome. Blew a fist sized hole in the muffler on the way down so things are LOUD!

If any of you guys are coming out through Pagosa for the trip and need a spot to stay before or after You're totally welcome at our place.

Stu, if you make it down from WA I'll buy you dinner!

Stewie will never make it down, he is pipe dreaming. Laughing
TOOB Member #15
Brian
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: 2016 CO Southern San Juans Trip II, July 29-31 Reply with quote

Its just SWEET you have more than one bus to choose from, Brian!
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: 2016 CO Southern San Juans Trip II, July 29-31 Reply with quote

Will my belly-mounted radiator survive this trip/the route?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I'm still thinking about it. As I said before, it is only a few days before a big work event so it mostly depends on how prepared I'm feeling as the time comes close.

President, Wild Westerner Club

1978 Champagne Edition Westy, repowered to '97 Jetta TDI
1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: 2016 CO Southern San Juans Trip II, July 29-31 Reply with quote

Yes, it will. This is more of a dirt road trip, not a 4x4 trip. There is one road that some guys went up last time that was a 4x4 road up to a nice scenic look out, it was an up and back road. The people who didn't want to take that road waited at the bottom for the others guys to return. I was one of the guys who waited at the bottom, we just chilled and partied... You should totally come, doublea_ron is looking for someone to car-a-bus down with from the Denver area. Maybe you guys could hook up on your way.
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: 2016 CO Southern San Juans Trip II, July 29-31 Reply with quote

I see no issues with that set up either. This is not a Shasta type "see how cool it is to crash your bus event". We observe speed limits and safe driving. I did the tower climb 2 years ago with car tires and a stock 1600 DP. I never touched the underside of the bus.
seizure66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: 2016 CO Southern San Juans Trip II, July 29-31 Reply with quote

Manfred58sc wrote:
I see no issues with that set up either. This is not a Shasta type "see how cool it is to crash your bus event". We observe speed limits and safe driving. I did the tower climb 2 years ago with car tires and a stock 1600 DP. I never touched the underside of the bus.

I'll come anyway. Shasta is next on the list. I will hope to bring my 62 panel, if not I'll be in the 67 westy. I will do my best not to crash on either trip.
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: 2016 CO Southern San Juans Trip II, July 29-31 Reply with quote

richparker wrote:
Yes, it will. This is more of a dirt road trip, not a 4x4 trip. There is one road that some guys went up last time that was a 4x4 road up to a nice scenic look out, it was an up and back road. The people who didn't want to take that road waited at the bottom for the others guys to return. I was one of the guys who waited at the bottom, we just chilled and partied... You should totally come, doublea_ron is looking for someone to car-a-bus down with from the Denver area. Maybe you guys could hook up on your way.

That sounds great! I do love traveling down old dirt roads, which is one of the reasons I set up my radiator like I did--so that the radiator was somewhat protected from debris.

I do plan to try to do some experimenting this summer with shallower scoops so that I have a little more ground clearance. Also I know I need to re-index my rear torsion bars which will raise it a tad more.

1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: 2016 CO Southern San Juans Trip II, July 29-31 Reply with quote

I guess I have some incentive to get everything ready for camp early! The biggest thing I think I'd be worried about is having an issue with the bus and not being able to get back in time. But I do have friends and family in Co. Springs and AAA so in reality I am sure that even in the worst-case I could still get back.

1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: 2016 CO Southern San Juans Trip II, July 29-31 Reply with quote

And some very good mechanics to help with any issue that may arise during the tour..
peaceful warrior
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: 2016 CO Southern San Juans Trip II, July 29-31 Reply with quote

vwwestyman wrote:
I guess I have some incentive to get everything ready for camp early! The biggest thing I think I'd be worried about is having an issue with the bus and not being able to get back in time. But I do have friends and family in Co. Springs and AAA so in reality I am sure that even in the worst-case I could still get back.

No one gets left behind. Had this one towed to my house to repair it, after the 2012 trip.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

TOOB Member #15
Brian
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: