Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Our new beetle
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
85burb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Our new beetle Reply with quote

That is a sweet beetle.
85burb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Our new beetle Reply with quote

Ordered a set of tires. Only two came in. The other two ended up in Florida some how. Ups finally figured it out and they should be here Monday. Hope to get them mounted Tuesday. Also adjusted the brakes today. After we get the tires put on we will be ready for good-guys. Already got the beetle registered.
jtwaller
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Our new beetle Reply with quote

85burb wrote:
jtwaller wrote:
Nice find. I love it! I live in hideaway. I daily drive a white bug with red wheels. I will be going to the classic. If you want to car pool we usually have a pretty big group. If I can help you do anything please don't hesitate to ask.
JT Waller
903-952-3799

Thank you! Does your bug have a stinger? I have seen a really nice low white bug with a stinger at lowes and driving a few times. I had a white 67 but it was stolen when I lived in Arizona for school. Crying or Very sad

Yeah, that's my bug. Its a daily driver while I'm building a '66 C-10. let me know if you can cruise any time. I've been super busy lately and don't get on here much anymore, but feel free to give me a call if you need anything.
( O \ ! / O )
1973 Thing
1969 Squareback
1967 Bug
1968 Bug
1971 Bug
mark tucker wrote:
the more you stroke it the better it feals.bore it out while your there, you will like it if you do it corectly. watch out for the ones that are used and abused, they can be headaches.well all of them can be headaches.
85burb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Our new beetle Reply with quote

Are you going to good guys next weekend? We plan to drive the bug up.
85burb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Our new beetle Reply with quote

Well I think.... The bug should be ready for goodguys. Added seat belts for all 4 seats and I hope fixed the exhaust leak. Got 1 5/8 header gaskets and added copper high temp sealant to both sides. I am waiting the full 24 hours as directed by the packaging to start the motor and see. I also added some air shocks for the rear cause the rear tires run over large bumps and with all the weight of our stuff for the trip in the car I want to be sure we will not blow a tire. They seem to work good so far. The tire pump I am gonna use only goes to 80psi and the shocks can take 200psi. At 80 psi the car went up about 1.5 inches. So we should be good. With all the air out the shocks the car seems to sit a little bit higher. I have not drove it to see if it will settle down or not yet. If it does not settle down they will come off after the show. Even with 80psi in the shocks they don't seem to be super stiff. I pushed down on the car and it seemed nice and soft still. I just hope it stops freaking raining now so we can go to the show.
jtwaller
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Our new beetle Reply with quote

Couldn't make Good Guys. We took the kids to Colorado for spring break to ski. I will definitely be going to Fredericksburg though. If you plan too, you better get a hotel room quick. The town is usually sold out by the 1st of the year. Some of the surrounding towns aren't too far.
( O \ ! / O )
1973 Thing
1969 Squareback
1967 Bug
1968 Bug
1971 Bug
mark tucker wrote:
the more you stroke it the better it feals.bore it out while your there, you will like it if you do it corectly. watch out for the ones that are used and abused, they can be headaches.well all of them can be headaches.
85burb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: Our new beetle Reply with quote

We didn't take the beetle to good guys. Too much rain. We did find a Vw show up there though. We went to good guys to see what was there and then to the bug show. It was put on my the same club that put on dub splash. It was more like a club gathering so we wondered around for a little and left. There were some really nice rides there. Thanks for the tip on the hotel. I was born and raised in Colorado. Hate the place but skiing is lots of fun. Hope y'all had a great time!
85burb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: Our new beetle Reply with quote

Took the ole bug out for a cruise to lunch today. We went to The Lumber yard in Edgewood tx. Took small back roads most of the way. It was a great drive. Very beautiful. Lots of pretty smooth curves and cool small towns. The restaurant was very good also. Never been there before. Was about 40 miles one way. Beetle did amazing. Steering was nice and tight due to the gear box swap. No stupid exhaust leaks. No problems at all. Almost no other cars to worrie about. Speed limit was a lot slower then the other two possible ways. We just cruised at about 60. Took in the views and some good lunch. Seen a few cool older cars driving around too. Was just a great time. This beetle is just a great cruiser. Motor was nice and cool both ways. Could not be happier with the car so far.
85burb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Our new beetle Reply with quote

Drove the beetle to Kilgore today for a car show. Was a great day for a long drive. Took smaller back roads threw a few towns. Was about 45 miles each way. Car did great and we all had fun at the show. Motor ran nice and cool. cant wait for Fredericksburg
85burb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Our new beetle Reply with quote

Went to whitehouse tx today for a show. Was pretty nice. Lots of cool cars and nice people. Ended up getting a top 25 award. Was pretty excited. Car ran great. Hit every freaking stop light threw town and brakes got a little warm but no too bad. Was a great time. Need to get more beetles in east tx area out to some of these shows.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

85burb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Our new beetle Reply with quote

Went to a show in kemp tx today. Was 120 mile round trip. Everything went smooth. The drive there was nice and cool but on the way home it was hot out. Car did great. Took home a top 20 award. Almost ready for dubsplash.
85burb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Our new beetle Reply with quote

It's been a while. Car has be amazing. Owned it over a year now. Ordered a set of idf 40s and a few other things. Can't wait to put them on. Ordered them from aircooled.net set up and cleaned so hope it goes well. This will be my first try with aftermarket carbs.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: