Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Samba member? Bus wreck in Pinehurst, NC
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:01 am    Post subject: Samba member? Bus wreck in Pinehurst, NC Reply with quote

http://wncn.com/2016/01/26/victim-airlifted-after-suv-and-vw-bus-collide-in-moore-county/
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:38 am    Post subject: Re: Samba member? Reply with quote

OMG I hope they pull through, that is awful.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

obus wrote:
http://wncn.com/2016/01/26/victim-airlifted-after-suv-and-vw-bus-collide-in-moore-county/

www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mg6770
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: Samba member? Reply with quote

Appears to be at the very least, the driver had a lap belt. God bless them, hope they're ok.
Phil 4:13
vwmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: Samba member? Reply with quote

Gez that looks bad, just got that pit in my stomach feeling looking at it. Here's hoping they are ok.
turkis-deluxe
Samba Security

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: Samba member? Reply with quote

yikes, that is absolutely scary and I hope the driver is ok.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: Samba member? Reply with quote

Ouch! Can anyone local shed any light on who might own that Deluxe and how they are? Where can a get-well card be sent to, etc? Bus looked nice enough that someone knew how to care for it, and may know others into VWs in the area.

If you are the one and you're reading this on the Samba.com from your hospital room, get better quickly! Let us know what's up. So sorry to hear of the accident!

Bill Bowman
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: Samba member? Bus wreck in Pinehurst, NC Reply with quote

Holy crap, that is nasty.

I hope they are ok
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
G-wood Todd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: Samba member? Bus wreck in Pinehurst, NC Reply with quote

As someone who drives their bus daily, that pic and story frightens me. Positive and healing thoughts go out to those involved.
and take the kids for instance "Are we going in the Volkswagen bus?" and they say "Yay!" and clap their hands and if it's a glorious day you can slide the sunroof back and let a little of the glory in and all of a sudden, it stops looking funny.

-Volkswagen ad
theDrew
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: Samba member? Bus wreck in Pinehurst, NC Reply with quote

ugh. I hope everyone involved is ok. stay safe out there fellas
BlastMasterMannyFresh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: Samba member? Bus wreck in Pinehurst, NC Reply with quote

Being airlifted from the accident sounds very serious. My thoughts are with the person driving that bus.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: Samba member? Bus wreck in Pinehurst, NC Reply with quote

Looks like a bus that was sold from here in Springdale Arkansas a few years ago. I remember the outside looked fully restored but the inside looked pretty tired. But had all chrome window frames and roof rack in mouse grey/white. I asked the guy after he sold it, he said it went to an eastern state. I hope everyone is ok. Maybe Ev can look thru old bus ads close to zip code 72764 to see if it is it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Samba member? Bus wreck in Pinehurst, NC Reply with quote

This is the only Bus I see from Arkansas that looks similar but the outside is not restored:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1862755

You say Mouse Grey but I think this wrecked Bus is Velvet Green?
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Samba member? Bus wreck in Pinehurst, NC Reply with quote

that's not the one I was thinking of. The guy may have sold it on ebay and not here. I'll see if I can find pics. The mouse grey one I'm thinking of had late pointed bumpers. My computer makes that one look mouse grey??
Looked at all the pics again maybe velvet green. so wouldn't be the bus I thought it was.
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Samba member? Bus wreck in Pinehurst, NC Reply with quote

this one? old CTS pic. Safari's, rubber on the bumper guards. No rack and lots of stickers but that's not a big change

terrible accident no doubt. good thoughts to whoever it is

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

fluxcap
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Samba member? Bus wreck in Pinehurst, NC Reply with quote

Link to another story with driver's name
http://www.thepilot.com/news/two-airlifted-in-sepa...cbe13.html

Best wishes to the driver that he is ok and recovers quickly.

"It's like, how much more black could this be, and the answer is none.......none more black."
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Samba member? Bus wreck in Pinehurst, NC Reply with quote

ok, easy to find on facebook. Seems he was a regular at shows. Sad and I hope for a 100% and speedy recovery
aa390392
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Samba member? Bus wreck in Pinehurst, NC Reply with quote

Just got in a head on with my tundra, thank god my tundra and not my single cab, I drivevery very careful after that.
I HOPE he recovers in good health....
Thomas

55 ragtop
56 delux sedan
56 Kabriolet
Metalwizard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Samba member? Bus wreck in Pinehurst, NC Reply with quote

Hi guys. The bus belongs to Gene Hickman of Pinehurst NC. Its one of the first buses I did the sheet metal on back in the late 90's. Its been at lots of eastern shows over the years. CTS included. He is a regular of sorts at the SEVWA shows. It was also featured in the Roy's Folks interview on Fox 8 here in nc in about 2001 or so.

This is the text from a post I found and reposted on facebook.

I just found a post from Gene's son Nathan. Gene's son Nathan posted this:
"Dad is doing good surprisingly, he has multiple fractures in his left leg and possibly his pelvis, he has a bruised chest with lots of cuts but otherwise he is doing good. Thanks for all the prayers"
Hang in there my friend Gene Hickman Jr.

I run my name on fb, Kelly Brown Jr. Aka "Metalwizard". As I find out more I will try to pass the info on. You can contact me here or on fb either one. I personally haven't contacted Gene yet, I'm giving him time to settled. Thanks for the concern and prayers for a dear friend. Kelly
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
zuggbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Samba member? Bus wreck in Pinehurst, NC Reply with quote

Very sad, I texted a few people from that area, but no one knew who it was. He is in our thoughts and prayers.
oakman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Samba member? Bus wreck in Pinehurst, NC Reply with quote

Metalwizard wrote:
Hi guys. The bus belongs to Gene Hickman of Pinehurst NC.
This is the text from a post I found and reposted on facebook.

I just found a post from Gene's son Nathan. Gene's son Nathan posted this:
"Dad is doing good surprisingly, he has multiple fractures in his left leg and possibly his pelvis, he has a bruised chest with lots of cuts but otherwise he is doing good. Thanks for all the prayers"
Hang in there my friend Gene Hickman Jr.

I run my name on fb, Kelly Brown Jr. Aka "Metalwizard". As I find out more I will try to pass the info on. You can contact me here or on fb either one. I personally haven't contacted Gene yet, I'm giving him time to settled. Thanks for the concern and prayers for a dear friend. Kelly

Thanks for the update, I've been thinking about this all day. Prayers for Gene for a full recovery.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: