Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1949 Type 141 - Is the car still around?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
peter schepens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for sharing it Bob. This is nice to see the old names. Today I found out that an old pict I got from Bob Shail is identified as a car that Late Ray van Giesen brought to the us. That is the fun stuff. I constantly working on the identification of unknown hebmuller ( known in the registry but try to track down the body nrs or other missing stuf, investigating story's from older owners. This part as the other stuff you send me already helping this quest.. I like the logo Wink Greetings.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
peter schepens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peter schepens wrote:
peter schepens wrote:
The white one from the mag 61 is actualy now some sort of red paint . It is a 49 model but built in jan 51. The vin is 10 137 815 and I am told it is body nr is 401. But, the date of built is 0401 so that could be a mix or just coïncidence. .

The owner just send me some detailed picts and can confirm my idea.. it is not Heb 401... it is a bit later. It is or 423 or 428.. The last digit is a bit rusty .

We keep working on the identification . Thanks to The samba. Wink

After checking the nrs again... I am positive to say it is most likely hebmulller 14-00423, built on 04/01/1950. production nr 19319 on the aufbau plate. The rust on the last digit confused me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Hacksaw-BoB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Peter,

You mentioned that you liked the Hebmuller Registry badge as seen on the previous page . . .

That is a custom badge that I made years ago . . .

I have that badge displayed on a special badge board . . .

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

http://www.VintageVolkswagenModels.com

Collector of Vintage VW Toys

BoB's Restor-Version Shop
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
peter schepens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Badges... Og small Heb badge for very late type 14a and DKW, A blank aufbau plate. I asume it is not an OG one but repop.

The search for info on hebs goes on. With the help of long time enthousiasts all over the world. Keep the faith...
Hacksaw-BoB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure about the aufbau plate . . orig or repop Question

It was given to me around 1980 from H. Lottermann in Bad Camberg . . . . about 35 years ago Question

Did they have repops back then Question

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
peter schepens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ehhh... 35 years ago??? I do not think so that is a one of a kind blank plate. I know someone who could use that on a car.... ME Wink Very Happy

Rolf's Heb is now in Holland and restored. Heinz Willy Lottermann (Rip) stil have his heb... altought it is now in hands of his son Marcus. . I wonder what heb the red one was?
pre67vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:01 am    Post subject: Heb Registry Reply with quote

Hi, I'm good friends with Yan and I have to say he's not the selfish guy you're making him out to be, quite the opposite to be honest. I got to know him because he was caretaker of the registry and he invited me to his house for dinner and to take a look at it and we've been friends ever since.

He's an old-school type of guy, prefers letters to email, prefers prints to digital photos etc. I managed to persuade him to do a website (that I built for him www.theHebRegistry.com) but he is still very much active in the non-digital world. He took the Bible to the Hebmuller meeting last year for people to have a look at and I have no doubt he'll probably do the same for Hessisch and anyone who is interested can take a look.

Last edited by pre67vw on Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:51 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pre67vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, and I may be wrong here...

I was under the impression that the Bible is Yan's own collection and the Registry was a separate collection.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Hacksaw-BoB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello pre67vw,

That very large book that you are mentioning that Yan brings to those meetings is what I call the Hebmuller Bible.

From 1970 to 2000, I collected a lot of information and photos of Hebmullers during that 30 years and created that Bible myself.

When I sold my Hebmuller in 2000, I gave Yan the Bible to continue with my work with the understanding to share the information with others.

I have asked Yan numerous times to please scan all the information in the book and make it available to everyone electronically.

Or please send the Bible back to me and I will scan all the information in it and also return the Bible back to him as I do not want to keep it.

Yan refuses to honor my request.

pre67vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to get into an argument, I don't know what the agreement was between you and Yan when you gave him the registry.

But he'll probably never read this because he rarely goes online and hardly ever reads forums.
Hacksaw-BoB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi pre67vw,

Thanks for your response . . .

Unfortunately, because of Yan's "old school" ways . . . .

The Hebmuller Bible information will remain under closed access.

That was not my intent !!

pre67vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I do know that when we look through the photos at the big German events, we skip through all the photos that are on the internet because we've seen them 1000 times before - and we take the time to look at the photos we've never seen before because they are far more interesting. Maybe if everything was on the net then there would be no point of a registry.

I also know a few collectors that I myself have contacted and they've sent me photos of Hebs on the request that I keep them strictly to myself, I would assume Yan has many under similar terms - he has of course added a huge amount to it over the past 15 years. I would guess that going through and working out what was yours, what is his, what's private and whats not is not a trivial task.
peter schepens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realy hope that somthing can be solved as Life is to short to argue. I think Rob made a good start on that issue. Thanks Rob. Wish you succes in the contact with Yan. If someone can convince him a bit...you are the man Cool
Hacksaw-BoB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Peter and Rob . .

I agree that Life is too short . . .

I guess that it is OK for Yan to take the Hebmuller Bible to the VW shows and you look him up and ask to see what's in the Bible.

That is about the best it can be !!

On to bigger and better things !!

RockStock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pre67vw wrote:
Well I do know that when we look through the photos at the big German events, we skip through all the photos that are on the internet because we've seen them 1000 times before - and we take the time to look at the photos we've never seen before because they are far more interesting

Rob, how many people have seen The Bible at a show? A handful. In haste too, probably. Leaning over a shoulder.

Why do you run a website? To share pictures & stories, right?
What keeps the website interesting? People sharing pictures & stories.

We have a highly qualified trustworthy bloke here offering to digitalise The Bible; to pull it through out of the 70s. And he began it! Maybe you're in the best position to talk to Yan...
peter schepens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:24 pm    Post subject: Re: 1949 Type 141 - Is the car still around? Reply with quote

The start of this topic has done something to the owner of the heb. That, and the poking from the Heb_hunters_org has started the fire on Steve, Ken and his wife to give the heb a new and better life...

Just check this out. The same, car, the same owners, the same spot, the same month...only the 99 golf is different.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=650240
vintage fiberglass
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: 1949 Type 141 - Is the car still around? Reply with quote

Peter,
Are all the early 1948/49 Hebmullers accounted for? I may know of one that was never found or at least not in the last 50 years. The old guy always said it was a 48 2 seater convertible. How do I verify the car?? If I ever get the chance that is. Tim
peter schepens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: 1949 Type 141 - Is the car still around? Reply with quote

vintage fiberglass wrote:
Peter,
Are all the early 1948/49 Hebmullers accounted for? I may know of one that was never found or at least not in the last 50 years. The old guy always said it was a 48 2 seater convertible. How do I verify the car?? If I ever get the chance that is. Tim

Tim, A 48 Hebmuller type 14 a or type 18a will be hard to find...as never made. A 49 2 seater is more plausible. If you can find it, take a ton of picts, send them to me and I will tell you if it is real or not. Include picts of all nrs also. I have the vins of the 4 proto's and first 7 hebs.

I look forward to your picts. Good luck Tim
vintage fiberglass
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:34 pm    Post subject: split 2 seater convertible Reply with quote

Did any other companies beside Hebmuller make convertibles with a split beetle? Just asking. Tim
banana split
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hacksaw-BoB wrote:
Hi pre67vw,

Thanks for your response . . .

Unfortunately, because of Yan's "old school" ways . . . .

The Hebmuller Bible information will remain under closed access.

That was not my intent !!

Unfortunately, it sounds like this Yani character was the wrong person to wind up with the Heb Bible. Unwilling to loan it back to Bob so he can scan it and make it available to everyone. Sounds pretty selfish to me. And if he's stuck in his dinosaur old school ways, he probably has no idea how to use a scanner or email himself. Sucks for the vintage VW community.
1964 Chop Top
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: