Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What out of the ordinary cars did you see today
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today Reply with quote

One of my best memories from camping in Boy Scouts was the deep mountain hikes where there was no lighting and you could see the Milky Way clearly with the naked eye. Nothing like that in the city!
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today Reply with quote

KTPhil wrote:
One of my best memories from camping in Boy Scouts was the deep mountain hikes where there was no lighting and you could see the Milky Way clearly with the naked eye. Nothing like that in the city!

Or when the moonlight & stars were so bright that you could drive & see clearly without the headlights.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
olspeed
Samba Member

Location: In the shadow of Denali, I still don't give a damn how they do it outside

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
KTPhil wrote:

Or when the moonlight & stars were so bright that you could drive & see clearly without the headlights.

We get that here in winter pretty much any time after 2:00 pm... Out on a sled with the stars out and the northern lights at 80 mph just can't be beat, but watch out for moose. Buddy of mine did just that about two years ago... didn't kill him but almost.
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:58 am    Post subject: Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

1956 T-bird

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
Enkiel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:10 am    Post subject: Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today Reply with quote

saw my first mini clubman today... what an ugly thing. It's almost as big as my wife Mazda 3 (i think only the hood is smaller)..

I guess i know what they are trying to do, but it feels like Jeep tried making cars instead of... jeep. weird.
jwold
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today Reply with quote

I didn't catch the name but I passed an immaculate piece of American 1941 auto history yesterday on the way to work. I wasn't sure if it was a Cadillac, Mercury, Pontiac, Buick, I just caught the year off of the license plate ring, car looked like it just rolled off the showroom floor.
ho-dad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today Reply with quote

Last Sunday, actually...

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today Reply with quote

Buggatti? Allard? WTF?
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today Reply with quote

I saw something, but at my age&condition...by the tyme I get home I have forgoten it.... but I know I saw it whatever it was.
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today Reply with quote

jwold wrote:
I didn't catch the name but I passed an immaculate piece of American 1941 auto history yesterday on the way to work. I wasn't sure if it was a Cadillac, Mercury, Pontiac, Buick, I just caught the year off of the license plate ring, car looked like it just rolled off the showroom floor.

I know what you mean. Laughing The plate said 1950 on this one.

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
T Hollis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today Reply with quote

89 Suzuki Swift GTi

Not really that old but, kind'a rare.
Did some research and found out that 1989 you could purchased one in Australia with all wheel drive and turbo charged.
The turbo never made it over here but, the Chevy "Firefly" had a 3-cylinder turbo charged engine, never seen one.
I bet that was a kick in the pants to drive!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bob Loblaw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today Reply with quote

T Hollis wrote:
89 Suzuki Swift GTi

Not really that old but, kind'a rare.
Did some research and found out that 1989 you could purchased one in Australia with all wheel drive and turbo charged.
The turbo never made it over here but, the Chevy "Firefly" had a 3-cylinder turbo charged engine, never seen one.
I bet that was a kick in the pants to drive!

For the 1st 50,000km it was. After that, it started getting worn out and a lot slower.
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today Reply with quote

How about this bevy of beauties?

Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today Reply with quote

Couple lurking in my area, first time to see one static:
(and it appears the photos were deleted from the site gallery for some reason... probably since they aren't VW related)

Last edited by Letterman7 on Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:23 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today Reply with quote

Very strange styling.
Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:27 am    Post subject: Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today Reply with quote

The i8, one of BMW's more extreme styling exercises. Hybrid, with a turbo 3 cylinder and electric motor for a combined 357bhp. And.. butterfly doors, not Lamborghini style. Very unique.
Enkiel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:10 am    Post subject: Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
Very strange styling.

the hole above the rear light make it even more strange. that what stood out for me when i saw one for the first time. From a distance, it look... original, and that's about it. But up close that's where the fun begin.
Randy in Maine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today Reply with quote

A couple of weeks ago I saw one of these at a used car lot in Fryeburg, Maine. 1958 Hanomag 4 cylinder diesel. 4WD. The lady told me that they came into the country with a camper on the back and that this one came from Alberta to New Hampshire (used as a logging truck) and to her. She told me tht she is only aware of 3 of them in th ecountry. Claims it starts right up all winter with no ether. I did not ask if it is a 2 stroke diesel or what. I have never seen one before.

ho-dad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today Reply with quote

ho-dad wrote:
Last Sunday, actually...

1938 Peugeot 402

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
60ragtop
Bonneville Belt Bitch

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today Reply with quote

had the pleasure of working on a 1934 Ford Fordor survivor like this last week
https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=34+ford+fordo...ajaxhist=0
The owner is into early Ford V8's and has about 10 including trucks, tudors and fordors.
Certified Hunter Wheel Alignment Master Technician 1986

tasb wrote:
I've restored a large number too, but I don't toot my horn quite as loud.

sb001 wrote:
maybe he just snapped cause his car sucked Wink
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Jump to:
Page 12 of 63

Jump to: