Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Hot Judson 36er
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> Vintage Speed Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
henry roberts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:36 am    Post subject: Re: Hot Judson 36er Reply with quote

and that's why we can't give you nice toys dion. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
D-train
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Hot Judson 36er Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Packed away now...
Schnage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: Hot Judson 36er Reply with quote

After all the trouble with my 60 beetle ant the judson, it seems today i have solved the problems. I had the issue that the engine dont rev up when teh engine becomes hot, now i installed a pertronix ignitor and a new coil,it was some work, because the ignitor dosent fit out of the box, but with some thinking abaut and handwork i get the parts installed.
As i stripped down the distributor i found out that the centrifugally adjustment of the igniton point was sticking by some old grease in the shaft.....and that the cap has some tears?? Inside where the electricity can find new ways, but not to the spark plug.

After this, today 50 kilometer on autobahn and bundesstraße i had no problem, accelrate fine, runs without problems 130 km/h an, that is the best, has no problem starting when hot.....

So, i have a new coil, but i want to try what happend when i put the judson magneto back in, hopefully it works too and i can use this cool magneto coil.....

In the carb i have try some different nozzels, actually i am not shure wich size, maybe 132 main and 175 air correction...

Thank to all who give me hints!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vintage Speed All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: