Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Carswcharacter - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
simspot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:06 am    Post subject: Re: Carswcharacter - [email protected] Reply with quote

Flawless transaction and fast shipping!!!! Thank you!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ctown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Carswcharacter - [email protected] Reply with quote

I purchased a bug warning light from Carswcharacter. Price was good, packaging was Amazing. Great communication and fast shipping. Thanks again. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ClassicCamper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:37 am    Post subject: Re: Carswcharacter - [email protected] Reply with quote

Bought a dashboard, door panels, brake rotors and calipers from CwC. Overall, I think they are an awesome group of enthusiasts, who certainly work hard to satisfy you. I'm beyond satisfied with CwC, and I'm sure you will too, they go out of their way to help you, even after hours. My items came packed nicely and I received them earlier then expected. One of my favorite Samba vendors.
raycer60
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Carswcharacter - [email protected] Reply with quote

Ordered a book from them and it was as pictured. They had the lowest price I found on the web for a hard to find shop manual. Very quick emailing and shipping. Packaged real good. Very happy!
Bill Dykes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Carswcharacter - [email protected] Reply with quote

Ordered a Oval air cleaner top. Good condition,cheap,and fast shipping!
Benfish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Carswcharacter - [email protected] Reply with quote

Bought deck lid vents and a piece of mental they cut from a scrap bug. They also cut vents from deck lid for me. Shipping was fast and pieces came just like I asked for. I highly recommend CWC. Thanks
Ben
61 BUS Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: Carswcharacter - [email protected] Reply with quote

Purchased some 12V choke elements. Flawless transaction. Great communication and super fast shipping. Recommended seller. Thanks!
flyboy161
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: Carswcharacter - [email protected] Reply with quote

Purchased a period correct speedometer for my '64 beetle on Monday and it arrived in my my on Wednesday. Great communication, supper easy! Will definitely buy from them again! Five of five stars! Thanks!

The 1964...Diamond in the rough
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=612776

My 1958 Morocco Bug-
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=611483
Gravel_04
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Carswcharacter - [email protected] Reply with quote

Long distance transaction was excellent! Mike's communication and willingness to work with my requests made the process excellent. I purchased a Westy he had listed - his work is excellent and his word is true. Very highly recommend as a trustworthy source.
dan
austin, tx
Sage79
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: Carswcharacter - [email protected] Reply with quote

Just got a tin I needed from CWC--super transaction. Thanks!
'77 delux 2.0FI 090Auto - now my son's
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Carswcharacter - [email protected] Reply with quote

Got a bag of NOS ATE brake rebuild items, super fair price and great service from Jake and Mike. Thanks!!!
Bill Dykes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Carswcharacter - [email protected] Reply with quote

Just bought a 6volt gas gauge for my 59 convertible. Great shape,and fast shipping. Thanks Guys.
bonanzace
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: Carswcharacter - [email protected] Reply with quote

They went out of their way to get me what I needed. Sold me the tops only from a set of air cleaners that they had. Great vendor!
1927 Ave-T track roadster

Laxin like a zombie in the back of a kombi
splitwindowsyndicate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Carswcharacter - [email protected] Reply with quote

I just tried to buy a part they had listed for sale on the samba and on their website. Shipping included. They cancelled my order with refund and said the part was out of stock.

DO NOT LIST PARTS THAT ARE NOT FOR SALE!!!!!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I will think twice before attempting another transaction with this company.

Lame.
67 Kombi
77 911
99 Ducati 900SS
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Carswcharacter - [email protected] Reply with quote

I've done that several times myself
People forget to delete things that are sold all the time.
This wouldn't stop me from dealing with anyone in the future.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
splitwindowsyndicate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: Carswcharacter - [email protected] Reply with quote

Except in this case this guy is a douche bag. Here it is relisted today for more money. I bought and paid for this item yesterday through paypal. They refunded my sale and relisted it today again on your site. WTF? Sorry Everett usually I deal with legitimate business people not shiesters.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

67 Kombi
77 911
99 Ducati 900SS
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: Carswcharacter - [email protected] Reply with quote

Your complaint about someone doing that is a valid one but this appears to be a different pump from the ad photos.

This is also not how I would have handled it - I would have offered you the other one at the same price but not everyone handles things that way.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Carswcharacter - [email protected] Reply with quote

I have helped with inventory there, there are 1000's of parts. Direct communication with this vendor would bring satisfaction IMO
carswcharacter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Carswcharacter - [email protected] Reply with quote

We usually don't post in this forum. In this case I hope it will be helpful. While excuses won't do anybody any good I believe some facts will help.

I am replying to the posts from SplitWindowSyndicate. I placed the ad for the pump he ordered in September of 2015. Here is a link to the ad.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1834196

I placed the ad for the pump he mistook for the same one in January of 2014. Here is the link to that ad.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1581844

I spent an hour trying to find the pump he ordered. When I couldn't find it, I refunded his payment in full. I deleted the ad when the order came in. I deleted the ad for the second pump today because I shipped it to him.

I apologized when I refunded the payment and will offer a further apology here. Few of my customers have the money and talent to produce restoration of the quality produced by SplitWindSyndicate. I apologize for contributing to what was obviously a bad day.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
splitwindowsyndicate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: Carswcharacter - [email protected] Reply with quote

Thank you for your apology and also I received a fuel pump from Carswcharacter yesterday. I believe it is the pump featured in the second ad. But those greasy pumps have a way of looking alike. I also completely apologize for my misperception and subsequent posts. Way cool! Thanks and I will send you a paypal out today. Sorry
67 Kombi
77 911
99 Ducati 900SS
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: