Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

California Bug Bash, June 23, 2013 @ Antioch, CA
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
rbs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: California Bug Bash, June 23, 2013 @ Antioch, CA Reply with quote

Update: There are some photos in this thread HERE

California Bug Bash. Sunday June 23, 2013. 8:00am-3:00 pm. Contra Costa County Fairgrounds. 1201 West 10th Street, Antioch, CA 94509.

Gates open at 8:00 am for this display and swap event, open to ALL Volkswagen vehicles, regardless of year, model or condition. Held on the expansive lawn area of the fairgrounds, this 200+ vehicle event showcases everything from classic restorations to the latest in water cooled performance, as well as a large swap meet, kids area, music, and the famous days end raffle.

For 2013, California’s fastest growing all-VW event also features a vintage and custom bicycle show on the midway, Bike Bash!

Adult general admission is still only $10 per adult which includes entry, display and/or swap space. For further information please visit www.californiabugbash.com or call 925-667-7101 for recorded information.

Bug Bash, Bus Fest
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
alex67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already stoked about this one, quickly becoming my favorite show.
otis_bartleh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have both events on my calendar already (Bug Bash and Bus Fest). Good times!
ryan63
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too! I will be rolling the Single Cab and my boss is bringing his never-shown Ghia.
LeeStahlecker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to it!
1987 Golf GL Westmoreland
2019 Tiguan SEL 4Motion
Straight Up Dubs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ryan63
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just pre-registered on their website, not a bad deal - entry, swap space and t-shirt for just twenty bucks Cool
VolkswagenGerry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went last year it was a cool show.. very laid back and intimate..
Hope the food vendor doesnt run out of meat again LMFAO.
bug life
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will be our first time goin to this show. Nice and close to the house Smile
brc0703
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gona be at it again this year.. hope it stays at the antioch fair grounds.. its less than a mile from my house.. they have a farthest drive award, can they make one for the shortest drive too? lol
nathantm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone been able to access the bug bash website? It seems that it's down or the host is not responding.
brc0703
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its working for me http://www.californiabugbash.com/
nathantm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, it's working now.
Max Boost
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cant wait for the show i been hearing nothing but good feed back, its a drive from the Los Angeles area but im sure its going to be plenty of fun, seeing new cars and meeting new people. I'll be there with 9 members of my club cant wait! Dancing

www.facebook.com/vwoildrippers
otis_bartleh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Max Boost wrote:
cant wait for the show i been hearing nothing but good feed back, its a drive from the Los Angeles area but im sure its going to be plenty of fun, seeing new cars and meeting new people. I'll be there with 9 members of my club cant wait! Dancing

Holy crap, long trip up! Drive safe, see you up here. Smile
Max Boost
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

otis_bartleh wrote:
Max Boost wrote:

O yes my friend it is a long drive lol, but once a year we try to get out of the LA area to try new shows, last year we drove to Sacramento for the Bugorama show, had a blast there meeting new people and seeing all the cool cars. If you see us there stop by and say hi so you can check out the cars. Yellow 181 Red 181 Blue Bus Orange Ghia Yellow Bus
otis_bartleh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Max Boost wrote:
otis_bartleh wrote:
Max Boost wrote:

O yes my friend it is a long drive lol, but once a year we try to get out of the LA area to try new shows, last year we drove to Sacramento for the Bugorama show, had a blast there meeting new people and seeing all the cool cars. If you see us there stop by and say hi so you can check out the cars. Yellow 181 Red 181 Blue Bus Orange Ghia Yellow Bus

Will do, I'll be driving my mango bus. And I know what you mean about getting out of L.A., I grew up in L.A., but had to get the hell out of there, and moved up here. Very Happy. I love bug-o too, great show, also like that there's 2 per year!
rbs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having a hard time keeping up with all of the e-mails and phone calls inquiring about Bug Bash. Pre-registrations are pouring in at www.californiabugbash.com/preregistersave.html The deadline to pre-register is rapidly approaching (midnight on Sunday June 16)

I know there are groups from all over California, Oregon and Nevada that are getting ready for the trip. For those of you not familiar with the area, Antioch can get hot in the summer, so please remember the EZ Up/Umbrella/Hat and sunblock.

No worries about running out of food, as this year there will be 2 different vendors - Big Kahuna Sandwiches and DasWienerHaus. Both will be stocked up and ready to feed everyone. As a bonus, both food vendors are also Volkswagen enthusiasts!

Bug Bash, Bus Fest
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Max Boost
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

otis_bartleh wrote:
Max Boost wrote:
otis_bartleh wrote:
Max Boost wrote:

Will do, I'll be driving my mango bus. And I know what you mean about getting out of L.A., I grew up in L.A., but had to get the hell out of there, and moved up here. Very Happy. I love bug-o too, great show, also like that there's 2 per year!

So you lived in LA huh! thats cool i do love LA but sometimes you just need to get away and see new places. Thats cool that Bug o too has two shows a year, cant wait only a little over a week to go! Dancing
otis_bartleh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Max Boost wrote:

So you lived in LA huh! thats cool i do love LA but sometimes you just need to get away and see new places. Thats cool that Bug o too has two shows a year, cant wait only a little over a week to go! Dancing

Yup, grew up the San Fernando Valley, left when I was around 22. I applaud you guys for going to further shows, good stuff! Looking forward to it here too, don't forget to bring easy ups if you have them, it might be kinda of warm, but you L.A. guys are probably used to it. Laughing
Max Boost
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

otis_bartleh wrote:
Max Boost wrote:

Yup, grew up the San Fernando Valley, left when I was around 22. I applaud you guys for going to further shows, good stuff! Looking forward to it here too, don't forget to bring easy ups if you have them, it might be kinda of warm, but you L.A. guys are probably used to it. Laughing

Right on man! i was in the Valley last week with some friends, but yea we try to make the trip out to other citys and check out some cool shows, dont worry we're taking a few easy ups so we should be good, we had like 4 up for the Classic and still got burned from walking around lol!! yea we're use to it lol
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: