Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Lance Armstrong interview
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Lance Armstrong interview Reply with quote

I'm watching the interview and now think less of his since he was such a ruthless prick to so many people.

I also feel sorry for him that now that he realizes it. He has to live with the knowledge of knowing what he did.

Win at all cost is not a way to live.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
scottvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have raced bikes for the past 25 years and so wanted to believe he was clean.

Unfortunately his greed overshadowed his better judgement. It's amazing to see the interviews where he denied the accusations and now admit to them.

The worst part is that he and other dopers stole opportunities of clean talented riders. Armstrong also ruined a lot of people's lives.
bro2539
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He did nothing more than any other pro athlete did. They ALL take PED's and they ALL lie about it. I think its ridiculous that you can have a better body through science and it is not accepted by the masses. He had a lot on the line and that is the only reason they targeted him.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So much for LIESTRONG!

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dunebubby
Samba Thread Killer

Location: In my den,throwing darts at a picture of my ex-boss

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we all took pitty on Lance for having lost a "nut" to cancer; He seemed incredible,.......to have come back from that and won so many races.

NOW we know the truth. As an avid cyclist, and having seen him as such an inspiration, that comes as a slap in the face,.......or left testicle Sad
RockStock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Total arse
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bro2539 wrote:
He did nothing more than any other pro athlete did. They ALL take PED's and they ALL lie about it. I think its ridiculous that you can have a better body through science and it is not accepted by the masses. He had a lot on the line and that is the only reason they targeted him.

It
s not the doping... its the cover up and how ruthless he was.

He hurt a lot of people. Cycling is just not that important to justify the coverup.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
blankmange
Type 3 Darksider

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
bro2539 wrote:

It

He hurt a lot of people. Cycling is just not that important to justify the coverup.

Nothing justifies the impunity with which he pursued/sued/ruined people's lives that stood up and said he cheated.... his lack of remorse in the interview showed his ego and damn-near sociopathic lack of emotion towards 'other people'.....

I'm waiting for the other shoe to fall: what does he want? Admitting to all of this at this time was not because of anything his 'conscience' told him to do - there is a scheme in play here for him....

Certified DHS Technician

Samba Member # 24517
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All those years that he was winning, I was vaguely disturbed by what he was doing to the sport, concentrating on just one big race and ignoring all the other classics. Sure, he was winning, and it was hard to argue with that, but he didn't seem to be enhancing the sport itself the way a Merckx or Bahamontes or Cipollini or other similar racers did. He was also never a very media- or fan-friendly person.

It bothered me that his picture seemed to appear on every other cover of Cycle Sport, giving him way more attention than I thought he deserved. Leaving his wife and kids for Sheryl Crow and then leaving her too didn't help. Just generally, he seemed like an unpleasant person. Although I never bought a Livestrong bracelet because of all these things, nonetheless I believed him when he said he didn't dope.

Now I see that my ambivalent feelings about him were justified. The bigger they are, the harder they fall.

Wanted: Art Collins VW (Savannah, Georgia) items - license plate surrounds and other items. Also ivory "AM", "FM" and "SW" buttons for a US Blaupunkt Frankfurt.
69 Jim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seemed he was still not honest with some of the answers, and it looked like Doprah realizes it too. She sure called him on most of it though. It looks like he is attempting to pull another one over the public with his future plans.
19super73
Hardcore Stock Nazi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blankmange wrote:
Glenn wrote:
bro2539 wrote:

It

Nothing justifies the impunity with which he pursued/sued/ruined people's lives that stood up and said he cheated.... his lack of remorse in the interview showed his ego and damn-near sociopathic lack of emotion towards 'other people'.....

I'm waiting for the other shoe to fall: what does he want? Admitting to all of this at this time was not because of anything his 'conscience' told him to do - there is a scheme in play here for him....

Exactly. He's doing this because he stands to benefit somehow...I just don't know how yet.
1973 Super Beetle
1973 Westfalia [url=https://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-31892.png]Click to view image[/URL]
1974 412 Variant
1975 La Grande Bug
1984 Vanagon
Ian
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RockStock wrote:
Total arse

Bought sums it up.

A liar is absolute SCUM of the earth.

I heard he had to admit it because there was going to be some report which basically proved it, and if he didn't admit it, people would think he was a liar...oh wait....
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Type 5 Joe
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must admit..... It takes Ball to do what he did.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
69 Jim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Type 5 Joe wrote:
You must admit..... It takes Ball to do what he did.

Egg zactly Laughing
emersonbiggins
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RockStock wrote:
Total arse

And the same could be said of any of us at different points in our lives.
DAIZEE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that all who abused/used should be outed. It's the only way to level the playing field and clean it up. Ban the users and lets see who the really good cyclists are. Bigger deal in Europe than North America. He was just the best of the cheaters, now lets find the best of the best cyclist.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
The Sage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

19super73 wrote:
Exactly. He's doing this because he stands to benefit somehow...I just don't know how yet.
Maybe this has something to do with it... Justice may have pressured him to publicly admit he doped in exchange for not pursuing charges.
Quote:
Armstrong’s Web site is replete with news releases that denounce the investigations into his past, noting that the Justice Department chose not to pursue charges after a two-year investigation. But he also chose not to contest the USADA’s sanctions, which included a lifetime ban and disqualifying all of his competitive results dating from Aug. 1, 1998.

Great look at his deeds in relation to other liars...
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/p..._blog.html
vwracerdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He admitted it because now he will make millions telling his story, and a lot of you will pay to hear it. Oprah doesn't interview anybody unless she can profit off it, and she'll make her money off Lance. We love dirty laundry stories and will pay to hear about it. It's all about the money.
Featured in Dec. 2001 HOT VW's Magazine page 63

Watch my racing video's http://www.youtube.com/user/okvwracer/videos
The Sage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, if you look at the huge number of liable suits and settlements he won over the years, I imagine he has a shit storm of ramifications on those situations. One sponsor was sued and Armstrong was awarded 7.5 million dollars over a performance bonus and his insistence that he didn't use drugs. I would imagine they want their money plus interest now.

Last edited by The Sage on Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Low67vdubinnocal
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the local Sacramento news tonight the reporter said his sponsors may want all the money back and his team mate wants 30 million from a whistle blowers lawsuit. Guess a lot of locals looked up to the guy. Not my kind of bike riding but I see them all over the city. Pretty sad for all his fans and people that supported him.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: