Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

splittybus59 - [email protected] - Dave
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: splittybus59
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: March 22, 2024
eddy'59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: splittybus59 - [email protected] - Dave Reply with quote

I bought NOS dome light for vw Bug oval ragtop. very well packed, fast shipping, good communication. I'm very satisfied. Recommend!!!!

Thanks, Dave
Eddy(Thailand)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tony73tt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Feedback Reply with quote

I bought a 12v fuel gauge. Excellent transaction and excellent item.

Thanks Recommended A+++++++++++++
a11djr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: VW Barndoor Samba Semaphore switch Reply with quote

I bought a VW Barndoor Samba Semaphore switch Porsche 356.

Great guy and easy transaction. Quick shipment too.

Thanks Dave
Suboval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased a NOS Perohaus D emblem. Great communication. Awesome item. I would gladly do business with David again!

There's two things we learn from history:
1.) History repeats itself.
2.) We don't learn from history.
Raescar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a recaro rally bucket from Dave, he was good to deal with and everything went quite well. Thanks
snss3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Hubcaps and Grill Reply with quote

Ordered Perohaus Hubcaps and the Grill for Hella lamp , excellent communication delivery was fast and well packed..... Thanks David
SAMBA VAN MAN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a GHE hood handle base plate off David. It is truely a stunning N/O/S Piece! I will certainly buy off David again.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hencar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:05 am    Post subject: NOS Rallye switches for Porsche 356 911 912 Rs RSR Reply with quote

I bought 5 supposedly NOS rally switches for a Porsche 356 911 912 Rs RSR for $85.00 each from Dave Mende. The packaging was adequate but not exceptional for a delivery from Germany to the U.S.A.

Upon arrival I noticed that two of the switches appeared to have been used while three were new. I didn't raise any concern because the switches are rare and I could live with the quality. Even though I was told they were all new old stock.

More importantly one of the switches was missing an important knurled nut that is used to fasten the switch to the dash. I looked at the photographs on the ad itself to see if I missed the nut originally and lo and behold the nut was there in the picture.

I emailed Dave a week ago to let him know that I was missing the knurled nut and asked him to look around his desk to see if it perhaps it got left behind. I have heard anything from Dave nor has he even acknowledged by email. To be honest I seriously doubt if I will hear anything from him. I could open a dispute with Paypal but I thought Dave would be responsive to my situation. It is now apparent that I was wrong.

So I am left dealing with the missing knurled nut. Finding a matching knurled nut will be impossible and I will probably have to replace all of them so that when the switches are installed the visible nuts will all match.

You can draw what ever conclusion you would like with respect to what is written here because there are always two sides to a story. But based on my experience, I would proceed with caution when dealing with Dave Mende.

Henry Carraro
hencar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:13 am    Post subject: NOS Rallye switches for Porsche 356 911 912 Rs RSR Reply with quote

To all who are interested in the negative feedback I left for Dave Mende, he contacted me yesterday after the feedback from me. He explained his reason for not contacting me. Weird the contact came after the negative feedback but not before.

He also checked his shipping area for the missing knurled nut and presented me with photographs of three that he found. Unfortunately they are not like the one I am missing. Unfortunately I will just have to deal with it on my end.

The fact that Dave contacted me and at least showed a concern for my disappointment in him is commendable. Secondly he looked for the missing part and supplied me with photographs of three he found. At least he tried. What more can one ask? Am I happy with having to purchase one or more new knurled nuts....no. What happened to the knurled nut? Who knows?

Just remember no matter how flat the pan cake, there are always two sides.

Henry
markchea
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:14 am    Post subject: NOS badges Reply with quote

Purchased a couple badges from David. He was thorough in communication and badges are brilliant. Transaction was as clean as it could be. Thanks David!!
phpw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:45 am    Post subject: splittybus59 - [email protected] - Dave Reply with quote

I've bought a set of 2 NOS Hella Fog lights from Dave. I do appreciate how quick the transation was. No waiting time, Dave contacted me as soon as payment hit his account (I didn't even knew that a crossborder IBAN transfer could be that quick !!!) Good information all the way. Items were safley packed. As for me "first class"

Philippe
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: splittybus59 - [email protected] - Dave Reply with quote

I bought a NOS cog gas cap and the transaction went perfect and it was shipped very fast, thanks again!
hiroshi9
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: splittybus59 - [email protected] - Dave Reply with quote

I bought a Blaupunkt Speaker from Dave, he was good to deal with and everything went quite well.
Thanks! Very Happy
oldboyvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:12 am    Post subject: Re: splittybus59 - [email protected] - Dave Reply with quote

I bought a Pair of split bus mirrors. Very nice item. Fast shipping and good communication. Thanks a lot!!
63seeker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:31 am    Post subject: Re: splittybus59 - [email protected] - Dave Reply with quote

I bought nos bus ash tray well packed and fast delivery
Thanks Dave
mekaukauvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:07 am    Post subject: Re: splittybus59 - [email protected] - Dave Reply with quote

Bought a seachlamp from Dave and smooooooth transaction, packed it well and got it in a timely manner, would buy more crap from him, easy and cool seller
Fabrice61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: splittybus59 - [email protected] - Dave Reply with quote

I bought tail lights for my split. Very well packed, fast shipping and good communication. I'm very satisfied.

Thanks
Fabrice (France)
folks55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: splittybus59 - [email protected] - Dave Reply with quote

What a great guy, packaged and shipped out quick. Nothing bent, cracked, or broken. Thanks again Dave!
Hansolo99
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: splittybus59 - [email protected] - Dave Reply with quote

VERY nice person to deal with. Shipped when he said and packed very well. I would not hesitate one minute to buy from again or encourage others to do so. MANY THANK YOU's!!
oldboyvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: splittybus59 - [email protected] - Dave Reply with quote

I brought a NOS Frese right side mirror oval split convertible. It very perfect!!!! It as describe. Good packing. I'm very happy to get a wonderful item from you and very glad to deal with. Nice seller.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: