Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Site issues or questions | CloudFlare messages
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Site Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Site issues or questions | CloudFlare messages Reply with quote

been better today Cool
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Site issues or questions | CloudFlare messages Reply with quote

Thanks guys.

I am working on some stuff.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
thewreckingsoul
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Site issues or questions | CloudFlare messages Reply with quote

ERROR 522 at 15:30 Pacific time. took about 2 minutes before the page finally loaded. just an FYI.

In action

In action again
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: Site issues or questions | CloudFlare messages Reply with quote

Thank you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Site issues or questions | CloudFlare messages Reply with quote

I know you've been working on this Ev but it still locks up regularly for me and even goes to the error 522 page a couple times each day. Seems I get 3-4 minutes of instant reponse when loading a new page and then it gets progressively slower and slower until I give up or the error page comes up. Sometimes clicking the forum or topic I want to see every few seconds gets a response after a few tries, sometimes it never happens. Most of the time refresh just reloads the page I was on.
I even tried surfing as a guest for a day after the last time it kicked me out and demanded I sign in, I'm not sure if it was faster or there were less users due to the Superbowl, didn't get an error message but it still refused to load some pages after a while but not nearly as chronic.

On a possibly related note most times when I open the home page I have to refresh or only the upper header loads and it's blank below the darker blue stripe, it also happens when paging through the new ads in the classifieds every few pages, I suspect it's a particular type of banner ad that my antivirus dislikes and blocks, usually the upper ad loads but sometimes the footer remains blank. It's changed from 3-4 months ago when everything would load 1st try but it required 2 clicks back to return to a forum page (URL's said Googlesyndication and a few others IIRC).

The need to refresh thing only happens on the home page and classifieds, never on forum pages.

I know it's hard to keep up with demand, sell ads and cater to all the different styles of device that may use the site at the same time, please continue with the tweaks, it's better but not quite there yet.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here

Слава Україні!
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Site issues or questions | CloudFlare messages Reply with quote

busdaddy wrote:
On a possibly related note most times when I open the home page I have to refresh or only the upper header loads and it's blank below the darker blue stripe, it also happens when paging through the new ads in the classifieds every few pages, I suspect it's a particular type of banner ad that my antivirus dislikes and blocks, usually the upper ad loads but sometimes the footer remains blank. It's changed from 3-4 months ago when everything would load 1st try but it required 2 clicks back to return to a forum page (URL's said Googlesyndication and a few others IIRC).

This is strange and I would guess the same - it may be some sort of software that is blocking the ads or causing this issue. We do have some unique stuff on the home page that is nowhere else.

I have not seen that issue myself or had any problem viewing the "New Ads" listing.

Be assured I am working on it.
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Site issues or questions | CloudFlare messages Reply with quote

The last 24 hours has been great, not one 522 error and only the odd new page dragging momentarily, I've likely cursed myself now Very Happy

And changing my browser compatibility settings seems to have helped with the need for the refresh button, not always, but much better.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here

Слава Україні!
ThankYouJerry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Site issues or questions | CloudFlare messages Reply with quote

Yep. Noticeably better today compared to the last 1-2 weeks. Very Happy
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Site issues or questions | CloudFlare messages Reply with quote

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it still drags now and then (like right now), no error message today but click on a forum or topic and go load the dishwasher or get a beer because it just sits there with that little wheel spinning in the address bar for minutes on end (repeated clicks do nothing). It's marginally better than the past, but ditching the Samba search hasn't made any drastic improvement IMO.

I know...., just what you wanted to hear Razz , sorry Crying or Very sad

Слава Україні!
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Site issues or questions | CloudFlare messages Reply with quote

Yes, I can see it was slow a bunch of times today.

Sorry.
I am still working on things.
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Site issues or questions | CloudFlare messages Reply with quote

This morning (2/23) between 7-8 AM and this evening (also 2/23) it takes forever to initially load the site and then even slower to transition from an individual ad back to the list or to move from a single thread back to the general forum.
Thanks again for all your work. Sorry to report all the problems.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Site issues or questions | CloudFlare messages Reply with quote

No problem.

Weird, I was on from 7-8 AM PST with no issues.

I will look at stuff
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Site issues or questions | CloudFlare messages Reply with quote

Error 520 (opposed to the usual 522) just now, then worked fine seconds later.

Слава Україні!
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Site issues or questions | CloudFlare messages Reply with quote

The site crashed on me this morning around 8am after running very slow again. I got the 522 message.

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Malokin Martin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: Site issues or questions | CloudFlare messages Reply with quote

Is the slow loading a temporary thing?
glutamodo Premium Member
The Android

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Site issues or questions | CloudFlare messages Reply with quote

The last few days have been pretty horrible for me was well. I did not note times but, as others have said, it can go from frozen to fine quite quickly.

I was glad that you left the "egosearch" (view a list of your own posts, to check for unread replies to them) going, as that is my saved link that I use to come to the site, and has been for a very long time. However, depending on how many others do the same, is that one also a drain on resources?

The most annoying thing for me of late, is the constant loss of login, even with the "keep me logged in" box ticked, I'm having to log in quite often.

-Andy
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Site issues or questions | CloudFlare messages Reply with quote

Yes, it has been randomly slowing down lately.
It's great but then something will spike and lock stuff up for a while, then it's fine again for a while.
I have seen this too.

All the non-text searches are not really an issue so I left those active.
I also was able to leave the feedback search running too.
Even though that does a text search, it's a little more concentrated so it's not a problem.

I am not sure how to explain the loss of auto-login as that is a cookie thing as far as I know.
glutamodo Premium Member
The Android

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Site issues or questions | CloudFlare messages Reply with quote

I'm not sure about the auto-login either. I've noticed this both on my desktop and my laptop. My guess is mayhap the cookie is getting buggered when the site is slow or when it goes to cloudflare.
glutamodo Premium Member
The Android

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Site issues or questions | CloudFlare messages Reply with quote

That's ironic - so did you now disable egosearch? Because it stopped working for me just now. I just get:

General Error

Could not insert search results
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Site issues or questions | CloudFlare messages Reply with quote

glutamodo wrote:
I'm not sure about the auto-login either. I've noticed this both on my desktop and my laptop. My guess is mayhap the cookie is getting buggered when the site is slow or when it goes to cloudflare.

This a possibility

glutamodo wrote:
That's ironic - so did you now disable egosearch? Because it stopped working for me just now. I just get:

General Error

Could not insert search results

It still works - this must have been a temporary glitch.

I realized that I usually use the "My Posts" link from the Forums menu at the top, which shows all my posts, sorted by newest on top.
egosearch appears to show all the threads you have posted in - this is useful too.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Site All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Jump to:
Page 14 of 17

Jump to: