Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Posting pics from an iPhone / iPad
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Site Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never seen what you described on my Android and I cannot see how it would be this web site. There is nothing in the text entry box that does anything that would affect what you are typing or control your backspace key or cause duplicate words while typing a sentence.

This message is from my computer but I also logged in with my Droid Bionic and typed up a big test message and everything was fine. I am using Firefox on my phone, not the built in web browser that came with the phone.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Sterling VW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to try different browser and see what happens. I think its the phone not your site Too. Tech support for my phone said it was site.
beteljuze
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please help, I am using an ipad and cannot resize a picture for an avatar. I've downloaded two different resizer apps and the picture still will not load to my avatar. Now I've managed to delete my old picture and have no pic at all.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure how to do this on an iPad but feel free to email me the photo and I will resize and add it for you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A member recently asked if anyone had a step-by-step process of doing this from an iPhone.

Or screen captures?

If anyone can provide anything new or has any comments or additions to the "tutorial" in the first post of this thread, please let me know.

I will update the first post in this thread with any new information or tips for members.
don.ville Premium Member
Samba YardMan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
That is weird as it should be posting JPG files and this should not be an issue.

Feel free to email me the photo and I can check it out.

What are you using to resize the photo on your Android?

FYI
When you take a pic with iPhone it is JPG (a huge one - up to 2.5MB )
If you crop said image with iPhone, it's still JPG (usually slightly smaller)

If you take a screen grab (by pressing power and home at the same time) the picture is stored as PNG format and is MUCH much smaller.

67 Standard 11 window How I Keep My Bus Alive
04 Jetta TDI Page (SOLD)
01 Mexican Beetle Hello Kitty Rescue (SOLD)
29 Ford Model A Rat Rod (SOLD)
2015 Audi A8L TDI Quattro
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, sometimes people send me PNGs because they are having trouble uploading them and I was wondering how they took a PNG-format file.
nickf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was the point of the photo post above?
To demonstrate you could post from an iPhone or iPad?
1966buggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Posting pics from an iPhone / iPad Reply with quote

why is it so complicated ???
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Posting pics from an iPhone / iPad Reply with quote

What is? Posting pics?

As far as I know it's not complicated anymore but it was years ago when the Apple browser did not support things correctly.
pinetreeporsche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Posting pics from an iPhone / iPad Reply with quote

In reply to the last two above postings-- YES! it's 2018 now, even. Is there another page/site that has the today version of how to post. The most recent one detailed I've seen is a good five years old. Te other I was looking at (How to post photos / How to post a photo in the Forums) starts with a 2003 date!! So what's new, in the recent past- I wanna post some pics.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Posting pics from an iPhone / iPad Reply with quote

As far as I know nothing has changed recently and you should be able to post with no issues now from any i-based/Apple product.

The posts that appear to be years old were started a long time ago but are kept current whenever something new is learned.

For instance, the How to Post photos thread from 2003 was last updated in 2017.
pinetreeporsche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Posting pics from an iPhone / iPad Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
As far as I know nothing has changed recently and you should be able to post with no issues now from any i-based/Apple product.
The posts that appear to be years old were started a long time ago but are kept current whenever something new is learned. For instance, the How to Post photos thread from 2003 was last updated in 2017.

OK- but where is the '17 step-by-step instruction. This thread begins w this. also by EverettB [(And I/we thank you for the enormous effort you put into the Samba site)] : "When you arrive at the home page of the site, select the "add photo" button on the gallery drop-down menu, sign in, upload the photo as described in this thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6

BUT- "arrive at the home page of the site"-- WHAT is the home page- the one with the pics, with the sub-heading "What's new" ? AND there does not seem to be a "add photo" button anywhere on that home screen. SO PLEASE:
Give a url address that takes me/us to the exact "home page" you mean. THEN tell us where on the page to find "add photo"- AND maybe give us the url of that new page the link that takes us to.
AND when I went to the link "http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6", as directed next, it links to your 2003 instruction "To include a photo inside your Forum post, first upload your photo to the Gallery on this site." I THINK I understand that I/we have just gone full circle and left nowhere.
CAN YOU RE-DO the instructions, for today's systems (? computer, iPhone, other phone-- whichever is easiest after shooting a pic with a phone-camera) in a step-by-step manner, w/url addresses on each page as we get to it, and any other helpful info. So-let's see a re-boot with every tiny step chronicled.

I've been on the Samba since 2009 and have never figured out how to post a pic. I've been faceless on all my posts because I couldn't put a pic of me or my van up; 9 years is enough. I badly need to post a shot or two about a broken piece that another Sambanista asked for in order to help me with a repair. I Know others have figured it out, but many have not. So let's see a re-boot with every tiny step chronicled. -a long-frustrated pinetreeporsche
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Posting pics from an iPhone / iPad Reply with quote

The Home Page is the main page of the site.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/

On the link you mentioned, everything is laid out there with step-by-step instructions, screen captures and direct links.
This link:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6

The link above mentions using the "Add Photo" link from the Gallery menu at the top of the site.
Here are those links, they are linked in there too
Gallery link
Add Photo link

There is also a direct "Add Photo" link lower on the main home page above but this was left out of the instructions to keep things simpler
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

As far as I know nothing is special or different about using a phone to post photos. This "Posting pics from an iPhone / iPad" thread exists because of past issues with iPad/iPhones where things did not work properly or easily.

I unlocked that thread above as it seems best to allow specific general questions about uploading photos there.

Please read the instructions at
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6
and feel free to post in there exactly what is confusing to you.
I am reviewing it now but will gladly clarify anything that is confusing.
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Posting pics from an iPhone / iPad Reply with quote

Posting pics here is super easy.... my only problem is sometimes the upload takes a bit, but that's fine with me as long as the pic stays here forever (*cough* Photobucket *cough*). Pinetreeporsche, why does there need to be a new tutorial. If it's the same process, why can't you use the one from 2003 or whenever it is from.
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Posting pics from an iPhone / iPad Reply with quote

67ctbug wrote:
Posting pics here is super easy.... my only problem is sometimes the upload takes a bit

Yes, this can true from a phone due to a slower connection and phone photos are often super huge now so it takes a while to upload them.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Posting pics from an iPhone / iPad Reply with quote

Update:
I updated the dedicated How to Post Photos thread above to try to make things a little more clear.
I added 2 more screen captures as well, this includes the Home page photo with the arrow above.
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: Posting pics from an iPhone / iPad Reply with quote

I am having problems uploading from my iPhone. I cannot select a category. When I click on the button, it flashes but I get no drop down list. Anyone else see this problem?
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Posting pics from an iPhone / iPad Reply with quote

After you click on the category, Look at the bottom of you screen. You should see a round drum like wheel you can spin to find the category.

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Site All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: