Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about 356 Porsche cars and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
Jacks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about 356 Porsche cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

I wonder how many non-original miles?
dsrtfox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about 356 Porsche cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

I'd say over priced by about 100K but all it takes is that one guy with money to burn. With the way prices are going it should be there in 3 to 5 years. Just my opinion of course Rolling Eyes
Bert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about 356 Porsche cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Wow we really need an on going Sticky on Official Whiners, Officially Whining about cars and parts for sale Rolling Eyes I know of this 356 and the owner did the right thing. Yes the car was original paint but showing its age. He had the opportunity to have one of the best of the best vintage 356 guys in the world restore the car & given the chance most would have as well. Jack Plumb passed away months after finishing the car and would be his last of dozens. The engine at just over 70k miles was in need of a rebuild. Once again having one of the best in the business Jack Morris perform the rebuild, using all its original parts. The car won best of show at the largest car show in Utah. This 356 is stunning to say the least! As far as values, check out the Feb 2016 issue of Porsche excellence. A #1 Porsche 356 A is currently at $200K. By there description of a #1 car (perfect paint, NO flaws) Original cars would be in a separate category & in my opinion this 356 is well priced. Whether one likes it or not, it still is what it is.... A real vintage ORIGINAL Porsche 356.
easy e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about 356 Porsche cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

It can only be ORIGINAL once (that time has passed for this car).

Like if a 50 yr old MILF got a face lift & boob job... could she honestly say she is 40... or rather... does she just LOOK 40?

There's ORIGINAL... and then there's all the minutiae between rust heap & 100 point.

Last edited by easy e on Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about 356 Porsche cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

easy e wrote:
Like if 50 yr old MILF got a face lift & boob job... could she say she is 40... or LOOKS 40?

Exactly, if he wanted to restore it, fine, but he has no right to claim any originality, especially the mileage. ALL of its originality is gone, especially the mileage. I don't know or care what they go for, I'll never be able to afford one, I just have issues with people claiming originality that isn't there anymore.
Bert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about 356 Porsche cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

easy e wrote:

Like if a 50 yr old MILF got a face lift & boob job... could she honestly say she is 40... or rather... does she just LOOK 40?

There's ORIGINAL... and then there's all the minutiae between rust heap & 100 point.

I bet she looks a lot better with that boob job & face lift Shocked : Brings in more money too Laughing
easy e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about 356 Porsche cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

This is from the Split Bus thread... but it applies to all people who want to keep stock, modify, restore or otherwise personalize their vehicles. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder & we all want to do our own thing for our own reasons...

crofty wrote:
I am fascinated by people who bolt on narrowed beams, straight axle kits and raise their steering boxes and get so damned upset when someone says they don't share their taste in modifications. The only ones getting upset are the Custom Guys.

Who cares if someone else doesn't like your car? I sure as hell don't get all butt hurt if someone thinks my camper sucks or thinks it would look better if it was "slammed like a bitch".

"Hey, check out my hamburger I just grilled up"
"I don't like hamburgers"
"WTF? You elitist douchebag, my hamburger is hella yummy. Go F yourself".

jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about 356 Porsche cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

easy e wrote:
This is from the Split Bus thread... but it applies to all people who want to keep stock, modify, restore or otherwise personalize their vehicles. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder & we all want to do our own thing for our own reasons...

crofty wrote:
I am fascinated by people who bolt on narrowed beams, straight axle kits and raise their steering boxes and get so damned upset when someone says they don't share their taste in modifications. The only ones getting upset are the Custom Guys.

Who cares if someone else doesn't like your car? I sure as hell don't get all butt hurt if someone thinks my camper sucks or thinks it would look better if it was "slammed like a bitch".

"Hey, check out my hamburger I just grilled up"
"I don't like hamburgers"
"WTF? You elitist douchebag, my hamburger is hella yummy. Go F yourself".

It's not about that, to me anyway. It's about him and countless other's claiming originality after its gone. A rebuilt engine no longer has its original mileage, just like a restored car isn't original anymore. I don't care what people do with their stuff, I like stock and lightly modified, I just hate seeing people claiming original mileage and originality when it's a car that's been rebuilt and restored.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about 356 Porsche cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

I don't think anyone cares if the original engine is rebuilt?
Only that it's the original numbers-matching engine.
(And a lot of people don't care about that either)
I see no problem rebuilding an original engine so that it's a known entity and fresh again.

If someone told me their car had 70,000 original miles but the original engine was now rebuilt with 500 miles, I consider that car worth more, not less.
Why the hell do I want a 50-year old engine with 70K on it?!?
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about 356 Porsche cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Amen Everett.....
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about 356 Porsche cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Is this clown out of his mind? Those are run of the mill core seats.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1913080

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
1973 Ghia convertible
FloydGreen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about 356 Porsche cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

This ad had been up for a few weeks at $374.99 plus shipping here and on the 356 registry. Was $374.99 for a few weeks and now the price is $500 plus shipping.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1917556
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about 356 Porsche cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Porsche 550/718 1955/58 starter switch Price: 920
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1977129
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Is this the correct starter button for these cars?

Just curious because this looks the same as a 54-55 Barndoor Bus starter button, which is around $125 last I saw one for sale.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dsrtfox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about 356 Porsche cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

If they are the same, now your going to have the 356 parts bandits buying up every one of them Smile
thom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about 356 Porsche cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

How could this thing possibly be worth $839k?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-356-/351887412938?...1887412938
1957 23-Window Deluxe
1957 Mercedes Westfalia single cab
1963 Unimog 404
1965 E-Type
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about 356 Porsche cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

thom wrote:
How could this thing possibly be worth $839k?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-356-/351887412938?...1887412938

Divide the asking price by 10 and you're in the ballpark.
Jacks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about 356 Porsche cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

$84k would be one heck of a deal for a Carrera 2 sunroof.
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about 356 Porsche cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Jacks wrote:

Hey, Jack--Was that in the description somewhere or did you look up the chassis number? I was thinking it was just a "regular" T-6 coupe. I agree, $84K for a Carrera 2 would be a scam.
Thanks--
thom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about 356 Porsche cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Jon Schmid wrote:
Jacks wrote:

Hey, Jack--Was that in the description somewhere or did you look up the chassis number? I was thinking it was just a "regular" T-6 coupe. I agree, $84K for a Carrera 2 would be a scam.
Thanks--

http://www.356a.com/searchresults.php?searchterm=121298&searchterm2=&submit=Start+Search

Nothing that my untrained eye can see that makes it special. The listing has no engine pix.
1957 23-Window Deluxe
1957 Mercedes Westfalia single cab
1963 Unimog 404
1965 E-Type
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about 356 Porsche cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Porsche 356 1500 Pre-A 1955 Convertible Price: 50000
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1996229
The original engine remains no other parts

So it's just an engine being sold as a car?
Don't you need some VIN #s at least and a title?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Jump to:
Page 11 of 15

Jump to: