Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Air-Cooled Cruisers of Central New England
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
coxy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: Air-Cooled Cruisers of Central New England Reply with quote

Hi everyone
Does anyone know if there is anything happening in the Boston area over the next few weeks? Is there a club website I should look up?
If there is I'd love to pop along and do a report for Volksworld Magazine
Thanks
Cathal
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Air-Cooled Cruisers of Central New England Reply with quote

coxy wrote:
Hi everyone
Does anyone know if there is anything happening in the Boston area over the next few weeks? Is there a club website I should look up?
Thanks
Cathal

I would highly recommend going to Litchfield. As a good guess, it's about 150 miles from Boston. Casual camp-out and food on Saturday, show on Sunday.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=649352
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DAdams
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: Air-Cooled Cruisers of Central New England Reply with quote

This sunday is the Nantasket Beach Show in Hull also....

www.nantasketbeachcarshow.com

[email protected]

'53 Kellison Sandpiper Pick Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
coxy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: Air-Cooled Cruisers of Central New England Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips DAdams & WM971252

Much appreciated.
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: Air-Cooled Cruisers of Central New England Reply with quote

coxy wrote:
Thanks for the tips DAdams & WM971252

Much appreciated.

Feel free to contact us if you need any info or help.

Also the end of the following week is Barrett Jackson Northeast in the south east of CT. Some VWs on the docket. And then for non VW there is a great truck show in the north east corner of CT
http://nutmeg.aths.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Truck-Show-Flyer-2016.pdf
Lots of cool trucks of all ages come out. Swap meet has some VW finds (if you beat me Smile )
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Stanagon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Air-Cooled Cruisers of Central New England Reply with quote

coxy wrote:
Hi everyone
Thanks
Cathal

That Hull show looks interesting, I might be able to make it.

My vintage VW shop is in Natick, MA (about 16 miles west of Boston) if you wanted to stop by and check out a few projects I'm sorting out.

www.stanagon.com

My '61 Mango bus thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=110367
My '64 vert thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=386344
My '71 squareback thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=637709
coxy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:30 am    Post subject: Re: Air-Cooled Cruisers of Central New England Reply with quote

Stanagon wrote:

My vintage VW shop is in Natick, MA (about 16 miles west of Boston) if you wanted to stop by and check out a few projects I'm sorting out.

That's very kind of you. I may just pop over for a coffee & a chat.
Stanagon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Air-Cooled Cruisers of Central New England Reply with quote

coxy wrote:
Stanagon wrote:

That's very kind of you. I may just pop over for a coffee & a chat.

Call or text me at 508_333.7813.

I'm still planning to be at the Hull, MA car show tomorrow. Look for me in this bus if you go.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

www.stanagon.com

My '61 Mango bus thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=110367
My '64 vert thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=386344
My '71 squareback thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=637709
coxy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: Air-Cooled Cruisers of Central New England Reply with quote

Hi everyone

Thanks so much for the suggestion to go to Nantasket Beach last Sunday. I had a great time. The weather played ball on the day so even if there was never a car show happening, it was still a day at the beach!

I had the pleasure of meeting Stan and his daughter and seeing his cool Bus. I loved it..........who doesn't love an OG paint Mango Bus?.........and it's got bullet holes so oodles of history and stories to go with it. That's what old VWs are about.

I'm going to do my best to get to Litchfield on Sunday. Thanks again to Stan for being so friendly and hospitable. I ended up grabbing some food with my family so I never got to pop over before you left but hopefully I'll see you on Sunday.

A few pics from the day. Not too many VWs but the ones that were there were lovely. A customer of Stan was there with his Late Bay and it looked amazing. A well sorted Bus that you could hop in and go anywhere!

coxy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: Air-Cooled Cruisers of Central New England Reply with quote

Stan's awesome Splittie

coxy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:25 am    Post subject: Re: Air-Cooled Cruisers of Central New England Reply with quote

DAdams
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:14 am    Post subject: Re: Air-Cooled Cruisers of Central New England Reply with quote

Hi Everyone....

Well it looks like our season is coming to an end... I would like to finish out 2016 with one more cruise if we can beat Mother Nature Smile I was thinking since we missed out on the Covered Bridge Cruise this year why not try again. So with that in mind... I have decided that our last cruise for the 2016 season will be the Covered Bridge Cruise. It will be held on Sunday September 25. We will meet at my home, 207 River St. Winchendon MA around 12:30 with a cruise time of 1pm. We will take the cruise up and around the 6 covered bridges in Southern New Hampshire. We can stop at each one for a quick photo op for those who havent previously and disperse home from the last bridge. This has always been out most popular cruise and I know it's short notice so if you can join us all are welcome.... Hope to see you then....

[email protected]

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oldamvet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Air-Cooled Cruisers of Central New England Reply with quote

hi I am from the boston area and looking to join in some rides this comming year
would like some people to talk to don,t know how to use this site very well
any help would be great
richard
DAdams
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Air-Cooled Cruisers of Central New England Reply with quote

Welcome Richard.... we would love to have you join us this year keep watching to see when they will be. We have a great community of fellow VW lovers and I'm sure any one would love to sit and chat with you at any point. If you have facebook you can also find us on there I feel that access to speaking to others can be a bit easier. Club email is [email protected], feel free to send an email to be added to the email list also for upcoming cruises. Again Welcome and thank you for your inquiry.

[email protected]

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21
Jump to:
Page 21 of 21

Jump to: