Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Identify the Buggy!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoMopar440
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Identify the Buggy! Reply with quote

Kinda looks like Speed Racer's Mach V to me.
Homemade rail for street & off road: BJ front beam (bent), IRS rear (boxed/maybe bent), stock T1 DP 1600, 009, 34PICT-3 (soon to be dual 40HPMXs), 4-1 glass pack exh, T3 brakes (F disk, R drum & Dual MC), Bug trans (002, 5 rib going in soon).
Link to my rail (re)build thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=629493
oktr6r
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Identify the Buggy! Reply with quote

I've searched the DBA and this thread, with no luck. Any ideas on what this is? It's on an early '58 pan.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
[/img]

'66 Type 1 waiting heart transplant
'60 Baja Volkstruckin' future project
'58 Chassis w/ Beau Hickory Virgo body

Quote from RLAP: "dude i think the last thing you need in your bug is more horsepower, you would only get yourself into trouble"
aquavette
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: Identify the Buggy! Reply with quote

Zodiac Virgo?

(Picture lifted from another site...)

http://www.forgottenfiberglass.com/fiberglass-car-...o-is-both/
oktr6r
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: Identify the Buggy! Reply with quote

Thank you! 100% positive ID.

Quote from RLAP: "dude i think the last thing you need in your bug is more horsepower, you would only get yourself into trouble"
oktr6r
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Identify the Buggy! Reply with quote

aquavette wrote:
Zodiac Virgo?

My cousin had a call from the owner of the web site forgottenfiberglass.com, and found out Mr Beau Hickory is 87 years old and still with us. Since I am trading for the buggy, I hope to talk to both of these gentlemen this week.

Thanks again aquavette.

aquavette
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Identify the Buggy! Reply with quote

oktr6r wrote:
aquavette wrote:
Zodiac Virgo?

My cousin had a call from the owner of the web site forgottenfiberglass.com, and found out Mr Beau Hickory is 87 years old and still with us. Since I am trading for the buggy, I hope to talk to both of these gentlemen this week.

Thanks again aquavette.

Very cool!
No problem at all...
bugmanNDsun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: Identify the Buggy! Reply with quote

Can any ID this one?

[/img]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bugmanNDsun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Identify the Buggy! Reply with quote

Any Ideals? Please help.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
aquavette
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Identify the Buggy! Reply with quote

Sorry I can't offer much help, but interesting hood...

Very Happy
SBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Identify the Buggy! Reply with quote

SOMEBODY had to say it! Anxious

mark tucker wrote:
I wouldent waste $ or thyme on building a small motor. build it big so it dosent have to work hard.remember it's only as fast as your foot alows it to be unless you build a small turd then it just stinks as it squishes up through your toes when you step on it.
bugmanNDsun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Identify the Buggy! Reply with quote

Ha Ha Big nose..... I have been on the scene for a long time and I have never came across one like this, hence why I had to have it. notice the awesome dash detail. Very thick and strong. Even the steering wheel is a red gel to match the body.
YASHA7FOLD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Identify the Buggy! Reply with quote

So I checked the buggy index and didn't see this one. Not saying it wasn't there at one time because there are a lot of blank photos. Can anyone tell me who the manufacturer would have been? It's sitting on a 58 pan. Also do you guys think it's worth saving? Let me know if you have info. Thanks.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Genom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:20 am    Post subject: Re: Identify the Buggy! Reply with quote

Linton Spoiler
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jcasi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Identify the Buggy! Reply with quote

Tried using the ID link but didn't come up with a match. Hood is separate from the rest. Its been painted over so I haven't seen any ID markings anywhere yet. It has the channels on the sides to run wires to the back.

Any help? Seems like it would be a pretty common buggy.

YASHA7FOLD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Identify the Buggy! Reply with quote

Genom wrote:
Linton Spoiler

Thanks Genom
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
duncanave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: Identify the Buggy! Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,
My dad dragged this dune buggy body home in the mid to late '70's, as best as I can recall. He has been gone for many years, and we (my mom and I) are finally getting around to finding new homes for his unfinished projects.

We cannot find any paperwork for this body. There are no plates, ID numbers, etc. on the body itself.

I did go to the other website and try to identify this myself, but no luck. (Holy crap! I had no idea there were so many different types of dune buggies. Was everybody and their brother cranking these puppies out in the '60's?)

At any rate, if one of you were going to list this for sale, how would you describe it and what would be a fair asking price? Thanks for any advice you have. Lee

joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: Identify the Buggy! Reply with quote

Well, first thing I would do is drag it outside and wash it off so the body can be seen better for condition purposes. Looks relatively un-hacked. By itself, $ 300 to $ 900 depending on condition. If the gel coat, (top shiney side) is in nice shape, maybe more.

Everyone is gifted. Some just do not open the package.

Looks like it was painted with a live chicken,polished with a brick and buffed with a pine cone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
duncanave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Identify the Buggy! Reply with quote

joescoolcustoms,

Ha! I hear you on the cleanup needed. Very Happy I appreciate you taking the time to reply. I was trying to get some idea of its value because we have learned the hard way that not only buyer's need to beware, but seller's need to beware too.

Lee
SBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Identify the Buggy! Reply with quote

Looks like your dad had some cool stuff. Cool

mark tucker wrote:
I wouldent waste $ or thyme on building a small motor. build it big so it dosent have to work hard.remember it's only as fast as your foot alows it to be unless you build a small turd then it just stinks as it squishes up through your toes when you step on it.
YASHA7FOLD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Identify the Buggy! Reply with quote

So,what does a typical Manx body weigh? Just the body.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Jump to:
Page 20 of 32

Jump to: