Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

SteelersBus - [email protected] - VW Locks/Keys
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: SteelersBus
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: April 12, 2024
MAMEDE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect Seller, I recommend!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Heisenberg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 1:01 pm    Post subject: Key Guru Reply with quote

Had the privilege of meeting Justin at CTS a few weeks ago. Man, this guy is good! He told me to go and get the sliding door handle and bring it to him.

He made a key for it and he said "You may get lucky - could open up all of your doors, hatch, and engine bay."

Well, I WAS lucky! Both doors, sliding door, rear hatch, and engine bay all use one key. Went ahead and bought 2 more keys from him (at a discount).

Justin is a true professional - knows what he is doing. And - he is a really cool and laid back dude; he actually brought the key back to where we had our bus on display.

You can't go wrong with Justin for any and all of your key needs. 5 stars
riverside66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great seller! Good with communication, and the key works like a charm. Thanks much Justin!
61 BUS Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My third time ordering from Justin. Super helpful and I received my locks much faster than expected. Thanks again!
TeamSpatula
Samba In The Rain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another satisfied customer. A few quick emails to confirm details, and within a couple days after I paid I had 2 new keys cut from the lock code. I'm sure I'll be back for the next one...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
one4house
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2nd time customer. No seller / service provider provides better service, PERIOD! Key work like a charm and shipping and service are top notch.
My Old 70 Squareback
johnburdett
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:42 pm    Post subject: Good guy, good communication, fast work and return Reply with quote

Justin knows what he's doing and he does it quickly. This is the third time I've used him for VW lock/key work and I've been satisfied each time.

I shipped him my two door handles and an ignition key so he could match my door locks to my ignition key. The handles were delivered to him via usps on a saturday. He keyed them correctly and shipped them back to me on Monday. There's not much faster turnaround than that!

Thanks Justin!
AoT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent Justin two different coded handles and the key to the bus slider and he keyed both to match. Now all the doors and locks work on one key. I had the handles back within a few days of mailing them out. It worked out great and he was so easy to work with. Would recommend his services.

1971 Bay Bus
The "Wonder" - Beetle
Atmsrus1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:44 pm    Post subject: Great guy to do business with, will use again Reply with quote

Just bought two VW Beetles recently, first ones I have owned. After reading through some on the forum I contacted Justin to see if he could give me an idea of how to get some keys cut, both of the ones I bought didn't have any keys. Justin replied quickly and gave me the info I needed plus sent pics so I would know what I was looking for. I sent Justin the codes and within a few days I had keys for both cars, they worked on the door locks and just got a chance to check them on the ignitions today and both of them worked perfect. Sorry for the long feedback but just wanted everyone to know how Justin went out of his way to help out a newbie. Thanks Justin I really appreciate all of your help.

Russell Nelson
bobsamples
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy these the guys did a great job cutting keys from the code number for my VW Kombi. The keys came quickly and both keys ordered worked perfectly in every lock on the bus! Thanks!!
Turtle Motors
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered 2 cut keys for a euro 59, less than 3 days letter I had them in, and they work great. Great service, fast shipping and good price; Justin is a great asset to the Samba community.
hoagy86
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orderd for a 2nd time since I got another bus and needed locks for door and cut to code came in mail and works great. Highly recommend if you need a key Justin will get ya what u need. Thanks
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoke with him a while back and he was very pleasant to deal with.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vdubberlovers69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect transaction.
FritzCP
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered a few different keys with different codes to be cut and some blanks.
I only had to give him the list one time, he replied with a total and I received everything ordered within a few days. The order was 100% correctly filled, labeled well for me, and the keys worked as they should have 1st time out.

Have used him before and will use him again.
thanks
Fritz 70 - 6306 Bearing Puller
Fritz 44 - Dizzy Puller
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
T2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: SteelersBus - [email protected] - VW Locks/Keys Reply with quote

Just got a sliding door handle for my '71 bus. Great guy, easy to deal with, got my part to me quickly. I will be using him again.

Thanks Justin
HelmutofBuffalo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: SteelersBus - [email protected] - VW Locks/Keys Reply with quote

Fast and accurate service, Justin is "The Key Man"
Highly recommended Smile
Chick Iverson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: SteelersBus - [email protected] - VW Locks/Keys Reply with quote

Very good guy, will definitely use him again! (o\!/o)
GatorsR1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: SteelersBus - [email protected] - VW Locks/Keys Reply with quote

The keys for my Ghia look great (old VW bubble style), fit and work like new (doors & ignition).
Fast friendly service, can't beat it.
Thanks much to Justin.
VirtuallyReal
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: SteelersBus - [email protected] - VW Locks/Keys Reply with quote

In general, i avoid leaving negative feedback, in fact, i believe this is the first time i ever do, but unfortunately, my experience with this seller deserves just that.

Let me start by saying that based on the feedback i read here, MOST of the users doing business with Justin seem to have had a positive experience (this being the reason i went ahead and contacted him in the first place), but there has been some exceptions, and i happened to be the most recent:

I contacted Justin on January 30 about this ad:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1285622

This was my initial message:
I want to buy this from you:
- the 64-66 ignition (the one that comes with 1 OG key).
- the 64-66 cargo handle (T cylinder inside an aftermarket handle, with 1 repro key).

I want both keys to be cut to match the T code on the ignition.

Im planning on building a full, matching T set for my 1964 standard bus, based on the T code of that ignition switch you are selling.

i also have:
- a T profile rear hatch push button
- two (non matching) T profile front door handles
- a new set of repro door handles.

I would like to:
- match the rear hatch push button so it can work with the same key as the ignition.
- match the cylinders on my OG door handles so they can work with the same key as the ignition.
- install those OG door handle cylinders on the new set of repro door handles.

Please review this info and let me know ASAP.

Next day, he replied with this message:

Hello. Sorry. But at the moment, all I have in stock that you need is a Ignition and VW Keys.

Thanks

Right out of the bat, several of my questions were left unanswered, which obviously led to further attempts of contacting him.

I was able to reach him a couple of days later, and he explained that he couldn't combine the repro handles with my OG cylinders; i only asked about this because he had other item with the Repro/OG combination, but he said those were no longer available.

On February 7, i sent him another message. This time i asked him if he could re-chrome my old handles, among other related questions of other parts i had. again i received a partial reply, and had no other choice than to keep trying to contact him.

Three days later (Feb 11), after several attempts, i was able to talk to him by phone, and he let me know he couldn't help me with the re-chroming.

At this point i decided to send all my locks to another locksmith that does offer re-chroming, and i sent this message to Justin:

Hello Justin,
This is what i need from you:

- one 64/66 ignition switch with one OG VW emblem key.
- one extra key (repro, VW emblem).

I need both keys to be cutted, so they can work with the code that is in the ignition switch.

Please send me the total cost, and your paypal info.

I had no reply, so i went ahead and tried to contact him by phone. His voicemail offered an alternate phone number so i called that one too. No answer.

Next day, i received this this gem of a reply:

Subject: Re: TheSamba.com Ad - 64-66 Bus T Original Ignition Keyed to Your Key
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 11:43:58 -0500
To: [email protected]

Please stop calling the emergency phone number. That is my wife's phone that we use for car lockout calls.

Leave a voice mail on my phone and I will get back to when I can. I'm a one man business and keep very busy.

Sent from my iPhone

Ok now im pissed... yet i took a deep breath, and replied this to him:

RE: TheSamba.com Ad - 64-66 Bus T Original Ignition Keyed to Your Key
Manuel Tolentino 12/02/2016
To: Justin Baughman

Payment sent.

Shipping info:

Manuel Tolentino
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
West Palm Beach, FL
XXXX

Please send me the tracking number once the package is sent.

Sorry if my calls bothered you / your wife. I wont be calling anymore.

Manuel Tolentino

That same day he replied:

On Feb 12, 2016, at 1:04 PM, Justin Baughman <[email protected]> wrote:

Payment received. I will ship items priority mail this Monday. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone

4 days later, i sent a message asking for the tracking number, since he did not provided it on Monday, neither he confirmed the shipping:

Sent: tuesday, February 16 2016 01:19:27 p.m.
To: Justin Baughman ([email protected])
Hi,
Please provide the tracking info.

Manuel Tolentino

So, two days later, i had no other choice than to contact him again:

Sent: Thursday, February 18 2016 01:23:29 p.m.
To: Justin Baughman ([email protected])
Hi Justin.
I sent you an email on Tuesday, and I still don't know if you actually sent the package on Monday or not.

I get that you are a busy person, but it's been 3 days, and I believe it is understandable (and fair) that i want to know the status of my order.

This is exactly why i ended up calling several times last week, not by choice, but because you don't reply to my emails or take/return my phone calls.

Regards,

Manuel Tolentino

He THEN sent me the tracking number, but by the time i got it, the package was already on my mailbox.

In this case, having the tracking in advance would have allowed me to send all my parts to Gabe that very same day (i was only waiting on the ignition switch to send all to Gabe), but instead i had to wait until the next day, because the post office was already closed. Another delay, just because Justin clearly choose not to send me the tracking info.

But wait, there is more:

You see this key that looks like an OG key (see stampings) on the ad?

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/pix/4291910.jpg

Notice that in all my messages i made very clear i was expecting an OG KEY with the switch, as shown in the picture on the ad. Well, let me tell you this: the ignition came with two REPRO keys. (both without stampings)
I was supposed to receive:
- ONE OG KEY. (edit: turns out it is a canadian repop with stampings)
-One extra key, no stamping, repro.

This is the ad (Buyer beware: the ad still active and shows a key that can be mistaken for an OG, that you WILL NOT receive if you buy this item from him):
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1285622

His ad depict an ignition switch with what it looks to be an ORIGINAL, blank key on the right.
The ad says the price includes the Switch, THAT key, the cutting of the key, and the shipping cost.

Then the ad offers OPTIONAL REPRO KEYS, for $15 each.

So, to summarize, these were my problems with Justin:

1- Customer Service:
Very difficult communication. Several days to reply to simple questions. Seller does not take/respond phone calls. The few times i was able to contact him by phone (2 times i believe) he sounded odd (kinda sad/sleepy/annoyed/depressed... i dont know exactly how to describe it), he responded with two or three words, tops. Seller admitted not to send the tracking number. gave a lame excuse of going away for the weekend. Sending that tracking would have taken him 30 seconds, via the magic of modern cell phones and text messages/emails.

Then there was that email reply... Dude, the only reason i called the SACRED, FORBIDDEN number was because YOU PROVIDED that number in your !@#$ voicemail, and yes, at that point it was an emergency for me. If you dont want CUSTOMERS to call (=bother) your wife, either ANSWER or at least RETURN the calls, or simply dont put her number on your voicemail.

I get that he is busy and whatnot, but in NO WAY that means that HIS TIME is more valuable than MY TIME.
Not a chance.

That reply was RUDE, period.

And of course, the icing on the cake was this part:
Leave a voice mail on my phone and I will get back to when I can.

WHEN I CAN? really? what you really mean is when/if i want.

I left SEVERAL voicemails before, and he NEVER replied.

He could have said something like:
i will get back TO YOU later today. sorry ive been too busy.

But no... apparently Mr. big shot wanted me to just sit for god knows how long, and hope that SOMEDAY his highness might reply...

Sorry but that is not how a BUSINESS works. If you are providing goods and services, you MUST be prepared to OFFER A TIMELY SERVICE. You should be grateful that people is using your services.

2- Inaccurate advertising:
Where is my OG key? the ad clearly shows a picture of one OG key with the Switch. Not a repro.

Then it shows a separate picture of the repro keys he offers as OPTIONAL EXTRAS for $15 each.

I received TWO REPRO KEYS.

So, inaccurate advertising.

Ok, got it out of my system. End of rant.

I only did business with Justin because he had the ignition i needed, and his general feedback seemed to be good.

My advise to other buyers is this:

Until this guy learns the importance of treating ALL customers right, please stick with Gabe and others. I bet Gabe is way more busy than this guy, and he is always very polite, and even texts you when he cant take your call.

We all have problems. We all are busy. boo hoo.

Having problems or being busy doesn't give you the right to treat customers this way.

EDIT:
After reading this feedback, the seller contacted me and clarified that the key on the ad is not OG, but, quote “a FREAKING CANADIAN REPOP “.
I know i am no expert on OG keys, therefore i admit i did not know it was not OG even though the stamping makes it look like it.
Still, the key on the ad is different to the key i received, so my point remains valid.

The seller also had plenty of chances to clarify this to me, since i mentioned SEVERAL TIMES on my emails that i was expecting an OG key.

the ad says “Original VW part “, “The Ignition comes with one VW emblem key“, and then, in a separate paragraph, the ad says “$15 for Repro VW Emblem keys“ so you can clearly see that the only place were the “repro“ word is at, is when he refers to the additional keys, not the one that comes with the switch.

Still, inaccurate advertising.

I will stop this feedback now. I already said to him all i needed to say.

Just like in his other negative feedbacks, all he did was try to justify his actions with a bunch of excuses, although he admitted owing me an apology (which i did not get) for not sending the tracking info. That was no accident or mishap: he DELIBERATELY choose not to, even when i asked TWICE, in a 4-Day period.

He also accused me of “false feedback“ (reason why i came back and edited the part about the OG KEY after he clarified that part).

The last thing he did was to accuse me of “harassment“ (LOL) when all i did was leave an HONEST feedback based on cold hard facts.

If the moderators wish to contact me, i can send all the info.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Jump to:
Page 14 of 18

Jump to: