Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

66 Deluxe Sea Blue - Colorado
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
left_coast*9
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottvw wrote:
I bit the bullet and put a vintage speed lowered exhaust on my bus. It is a great exhaust and well worth the money. It is a nice addition to the bus and sounds good to boot.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Love your bus Scott. Probably why you see me lurking in here often. Swear I'm not stocking you LOL.
Hey did you buy VS's extreme lowered bus exhaust, and if so do you think you could have gone with their normal style? for example from John's website:
You look to have bought this one assuming you still have heat:
http://vwparts.aircooled.net/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=155-207-052SF
Is your bus too lowered to make this one work?:
http://vwparts.aircooled.net/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=155-206-052SF
Also, with your new set up are you running 1.5" hi perf heater boxes?
And in any case did you notice any big improvement in performance from that single quiet pack you had?
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=472827&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
scottvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: 66 Deluxe Sea Blue - Colorado Reply with quote

I did buy the lowered one. Not sure if I could have gone the stock route. I do not have heat. Despite living in CO the sun really warms the bus up on a cold day. Sorry I could be more help
scottvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: 66 Deluxe Sea Blue - Colorado Reply with quote

I dug out a space to pull my bus out after this past snow storm. Doesn't look like I'll be driving it for a little while.

scottvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: 66 Deluxe Sea Blue - Colorado Reply with quote

I did a little suspension upgrade. I had better spacers in between the shock and my CB beam replaced and welded in. The previous set up was not that secure and I ended up breaking a shock bolt. Bigger shock bolt with stout spacer welded to the beam.

scottvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: 66 Deluxe Sea Blue - Colorado Reply with quote

I decided it was time to upgrade the motor. New 2276. 82X94, Engle 110, 8.1 compression, Revmaster heads, 40mm Webers. I upgraded and added the Berg linkage and oil filler too. Also, upgraded the fan shroud too....Type IV cooler. It runs nice and strong. Definitely worth the effort.

jonny1309
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: 66 Deluxe Sea Blue - Colorado Reply with quote

Looks good SMS!

Barndoor Mafia wrote:
Add a cop mustache, some cholo shades and a Doyers cap to the guy in the suit .......... Tocayo.

scottvw wrote:
kiss my ass Tom....I'm without centercaps right now.

OgCalLook wrote:
nothin' wrong with: Nose down - Ass up!! Twisted Evil

Ragman wrote:
Did you tell her that Al Reed painted them?

lonslo wrote:
My tailbone still hurts like hell. Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
zuggbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: 66 Deluxe Sea Blue - Colorado Reply with quote

Nice
vwbus55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: 66 Deluxe Sea Blue - Colorado Reply with quote

Easy Tiger!
Broken shock bolts?
Hope you can make it down to Buses at the Brewery.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
scottvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: 66 Deluxe Sea Blue - Colorado Reply with quote

vwbus55 wrote:
Easy Tiger!
Broken shock bolts?
Hope you can make it down to Buses at the Brewery.

Wayne....I'll be there. You????
pacrat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: 66 Deluxe Sea Blue - Colorado Reply with quote

Very nice bus! I wish I had those interior panels. Hold on to the rubber mats as well. They are next to impossible to find!

Have fun and keep us updated on your progress!
OgCalLook
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: 66 Deluxe Sea Blue - Colorado Reply with quote

scottvw wrote:
I decided it was time to upgrade the motor. New 2276. 82X94, Engle 110, 8.1 compression, Revmaster heads, 40mm Webers. I upgraded and added the Berg linkage and oil filler too. Also, upgraded the fan shroud too....Type IV cooler. It runs nice and strong. Definitely worth the effort.

Looks proper SMS Cool

Barndoor Mafia wrote:

VIVE LE CUŅADO WEAR !!!!!!!!

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=306079
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
JonL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: 66 Deluxe Sea Blue - Colorado Reply with quote

Still waiting for a ride...
germanx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottvw wrote:
This is the look that I am hoping to accomplish.....minus the window stickers. I am going to have the bumpers painted and straightened too.

Hello Scott!

have read though all 23 pages. Wonderful transformation, feeling right in the middle of it with our twin-sister to your bus.

Just checking, which tire size are you running in the back (185/65, 195/60 or 195/65, and what size in the front?

Best regards from Germany!
Matthias
scottvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: 66 Deluxe Sea Blue - Colorado Reply with quote

I wanted to update my thread on my latest journey. I decided to drive out to California for the Spring Picnic. The was itching to drive out since my last time was in 2012.

I took 3 days to drive out. My buddy Jonny rode out with me and my wife took his place on the return. We left Wednesday and went from Denver to Durango. The first day was awesome until we ran into a snow storm over Wolf Creek Pass. Luckily there wasn't much traffic and we made it over and down the pass safely. I have Continentals all the way around and they worked great.

Day 2 we went from Durango to Kingman with a side trip through the Grand Canyon. The last day was short where we went from Kingman to Yorba Linda scooping my wife up at the Ontario airport.

Our return trip on Sunday was from Featherly Park to St. George with a quick run down the Vegas Strip. Day 2 back we went from St. George to Green River, with a jaunt through Zion and Byrce National Parks. The scenery was unbelievable. Our last day was home through a rain storm in the last 50 miles which sucked.

Overall the bus ran great. The only issue I had was a bad tank of gas we picked up in Barstow. Luckily I figured it out on Saturday before we headed back.

srfndoc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: 66 Deluxe Sea Blue - Colorado Reply with quote

Nice meeting you at the spring picnic SMS.
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: 66 Deluxe Sea Blue - Colorado Reply with quote

scottvw wrote:
The only issue I had was a bad tank of gas we picked up in Barstow. Luckily I figured it out on Saturday before we headed back.

Making me jealous with the photos. What were the symptoms of the bad tank and what did you do to fix it?
scottvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: 66 Deluxe Sea Blue - Colorado Reply with quote

BarryL wrote:
scottvw wrote:
The only issue I had was a bad tank of gas we picked up in Barstow. Luckily I figured it out on Saturday before we headed back.

Making me jealous with the photos. What were the symptoms of the bad tank and what did you do to fix it?

On Saturday, my wife and I wanted to drive to the beach. We started up the 241 which has a pretty good incline. All of a sudden the motor felt like it had fouled plug or a clogged jet (2276 w/dual 40's). I pulled over checked the jets and it seemed to run a little better but still stumbling and not running right. I was having a hard time getting the motor to idle steadily too.

I re-jetted the day before and tried adjusting the air/fuels but still could get it right. Since I was getting lower on fuel, I filled up with good Chevron gas before heading back to Featherly Park. After filling up the stumbling and poor running quickly went away. It's the only thing I can think of that was going on.
scottvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: 66 Deluxe Sea Blue - Colorado Reply with quote

srfndoc wrote:
Nice meeting you at the spring picnic SMS.

Likewise.....fun weekend for sure.
srfndoc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: 66 Deluxe Sea Blue - Colorado Reply with quote

scottvw wrote:
BarryL wrote:
scottvw wrote:

On Saturday, my wife and I wanted to drive to the beach. We started up the 241 which has a pretty good incline. All of a sudden the motor felt like it had fouled plug or a clogged jet (2276 w/dual 40's). I pulled over checked the jets and it seemed to run a little better but still stumbling and not running right. I was having a hard time getting the motor to idle steadily too.

I re-jetted the day before and tried adjusting the air/fuels but still could get it right. Since I was getting lower on fuel, I filled up with good Chevron gas before heading back to Featherly Park. After filling up the stumbling and poor running quickly went away. It's the only thing I can think of that was going on.

I'm pretty sure I saw this. I was behind you coming out of the park that day but you took off pretty quick (my 1600 sp is not winning any races) but about a 1/2 mile down the freeway I caught up to you (which I thought was odd) and took a pic. Didn't know you pulled over or would have stopped.

Glad you got it figured out.

EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: 66 Deluxe Sea Blue - Colorado Reply with quote

Nice pics!
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next
Jump to:
Page 23 of 24

Jump to: