Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Rocky Mountain Westy - [email protected]
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
kayakwesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:51 pm    Post subject: Rocky Mountain Westy - [email protected] Reply with quote

Thei customer service is above and beyond

I called Mike this Monday, I have a rear hub, that needs replacing, my van is stuck and I don't have a shop or place to install the bearings. I can wrench tho in the parking lot and get the van back on the road.

To be honest I called the big boys first, and more or less got blown off, one even told me they didn't have the time and wouldn't make or take the time.They made me feel really small and unimportant.

I'm not a idiot and I can fix a lot on my van, I just need some help.

I needed a pulled hub and new bearings installed.I just have basic tools with me right now, so I need the hard part done for me.

Then I remember the Rocky Mountain Westy ladder I got for Christmas. I thought to myself could they help me?

I called RCW...OMG!

I got the owner...and we talked about the problem I was having, "no problem he told me"

Well the hub is pulled, the bearings installed and its on its way to the land of no Vanagons in the wrecking yards.

Mike went above and beyond to help me.

RCW will get the first phone call from me from now on, and I will try to support them as much as possible.

He supports TheSamba here also, that says a lot.

I don't know the owner, or am I friend of the owner, I 'm just a happy customer and thought you should know of a good company helping others keep these money pits on the road.

----
Moderator note:
Also uses:
[email protected]

B.5.5 Passat Wagen with 30v V6-67000 Miles

DAS AUTO

CHANGE YOUR FUEL LINES!

A post without pictures is useless

http://www.kayakwesty.com

http://www.waldensridgewhitewater.com/
insyncro
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Working with Mike and the part RMW produces has been awesome!
ZimZam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A first class operation. When my headlights went I tried fixing them myself, to no avail. I drove up to FC, and even though other vehicles were in the bays Mike and his brother stopped what they were doing, and went right at it. Turned out to be a frayed wire. Fixed and on my way. I will be stopping there on my way to AK. Super friendly staff too- Kate, Oly et al. Thanks Mike you da bomb biggety. Dancing

"Nobody trusts anyone, or why did they put tilt on a pinball machine.”
- Steve McQueen
"It's just metal, when rusted and dented , anything you will do will be better. Stop being afraid. What they (VW) did many year ago is not better then what you will do now." -Ben
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Rocky Mountain Westy Reply with quote

I had my daughter pick up a set of Rocky Mountain Westy's stainless steel coolant pipes a while back, I went to install them today and found that these things are totally FUBAR. The two pipes should run pretty much parallel over most of their length, but these have a 1" gap between them when laid side to side and on the front end where there should be separation the is no gap at all so it would be impossible to get the hoses one. In one of the rear pipes I had to straighten one bend and add another and in one of the front pipes I am going to need to straighten two bends and add two more to get a decent fit. These things are an expensive train wreck.

I would recommend that people avoid buying coolant pipes from RMW until they can figure out why two pipes the should have nearly identical bends over most of their length instead don't come close to matching at all.
Rocky Mountain Westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: Rocky Mountain Westy Reply with quote

Wildthings wrote:
I had my daughter pick up a set of Rocky Mountain Westy's stainless steel coolant pipes a while back, I went to install them today and found that these things are totally FUBAR. The two pipes should run pretty much parallel over most of their length, but these have a 1" gap between them when laid side to side and on the front end where there should be separation the is no gap at all so it would be impossible to get the hoses one. In one of the rear pipes I had to straighten one bend and add another and in one of the front pipes I am going to need to straighten two bends and add two more to get a decent fit. These things are an expensive train wreck.

I would recommend that people avoid buying coolant pipes from RMW until they can figure out why two pipes the should have nearly identical bends over most of their length instead don't come close to matching at all.

I am sorry to hear you had a challenge with them. We have sold well over 1000 of these and installed 100's in house. They are made on a CNC bender so it is doubtful they are different or bent wrong. Did you remove the gas tank? Did you get the instructions to identify the orientation? We might have sold you different than stock pipes. The reason being that your van has a Subaru conversion and the stock 2wd pipes don't work quite as well. That being said, I am not sure which pipes you got.

Again, I apologize there was an issue. I wish you had contacted us so we could have attempted to help you through the process.

Thanks, Mike
[email protected]

The Splitzgauer build (when I have time to work on it and update the thread)

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=497133
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Rocky Mountain Westy Reply with quote

Rocky Mountain Westy wrote:
Wildthings wrote:

I am sorry to hear you had a challenge with them. We have sold well over 1000 of these and installed 100's in house. They are made on a CNC bender so it is doubtful they are different or bent wrong. Did you remove the gas tank? Did you get the instructions to identify the orientation? We might have sold you different than stock pipes. The reason being that your van has a Subaru conversion and the stock 2wd pipes don't work quite as well. That being said, I am not sure which pipes you got.

Again, I apologize there was an issue. I wish you had contacted us so we could have attempted to help you through the process.

Thanks, Mike

The gas tank was removed and yes the van has a Subaru conversion, which I am 100% sure you were aware of. The one pipe fit just as one would expect it to but the other pipe was way off and there was just no way it could be used without having several of the bends straighten and new bends added to make it closely match the other pipe. The redone bends also very closely match the bends in the original plastic pipe.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: