Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

dawerks - [email protected] - JP in Canada
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: dawerks
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: March 21, 2024
wolksman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:13 pm    Post subject: dawerks - [email protected] - JP in Canada Reply with quote

Hello from Germany,
Be warned: I bought a car via TheSamba from JP who lives in Canada. It was offered like this:
1952 Crotch Cooler Spli, awesome deal.
at: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=946792
"Very rare, 6 month only crotch cooler Split. The body is great. ... It is very solid, very little rust. Lowered, not on original pan. 1600cc engine. Runs/drives/brakes good. All new mechanicals, exept starter is starting to go. Electrics need to be sorted out.
... The Radars are brand new, mint shape ..."
What arrived at my home was a body that looked like the pictures, but there are no more headlights, the car was not running, the engine is missing carburator, fuel pump and and and. There are no more Radars, the floorpan was changed, no matching VIN to the papers which I only have as a duplicate. The body has rust in the rockers, no more fuel tank ... And JP doesn't responds my email.

Moderator notes:
Past feedback:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=293942

This person has had numerous ids in the past, here is a list, there may be more:
eh0s - [email protected]
dozenra - [email protected]
zoopty - [email protected]
wrexitt - [email protected]
dref - [email protected]
Azenis - [email protected]
eightysix - [email protected]

Name:
JP Sohi aka Joginder Paul Singh
wolksman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:55 am    Post subject: more about dealing with eightysix - photos Reply with quote

I added some pictures of the sales-contract and of the car as it arrived by my house. Just go to: Find all photos from wolksman
wolksman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:32 pm    Post subject: update Reply with quote

JP came back to me and we are discussing the case. I'll keep you informed.
Meanwhile I know the pan was not changed, "only" the registration doesn't match the VIN.
regards
from Germany
wolksman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:51 pm    Post subject: no news Reply with quote

it's now more than 8 months that I had the last contact with JP but nothing happend.
peterkeg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel for you wolksman delt with him before
dawerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterkeg wrote:
Feel for you wolksman delt with him before

Peter has sour grapes because I bought a 54 Barndoor for his asking price. He delivered it to my house, I paid him cash. Beautiful rust freeish bus.

I turned it/flipped it and he is feeling very very hurt about this. He has not let it go for over 7 years. The barndoor went to cptGlen, now barndoorguy has it in California. Cool bus.

Hey Peter, didn't you turn down another seller who showed up at your door after an 8 hour round trip with cash in hand? Tsk tsk. Everyone has a history, don't forget that.

Times change. Also for my Split sale, I sold it for a good price. At 150+ pictures and all I can say is caveat emptor. The seller has his version of the truth, the buyer has his version.

I was working with wolksman until he listed the Split for over double my selling price. That means END OF TRANSACTION as far as I'm concerned.

If someone wants to buy something from me, it's caveat emptor. Come pick it up in person. Inspect it in person. Don't like it, DO NOT BUY IT!

If you are buying long distance from me, I provide hundred + pictures. You are free to send someone to inspect it. You are under NO pressure to buy from me. But once sold, it's' 'as is', 'where is'.

I have sold 15+ buses over the 15 years. Some people are happy, some people complain. The people that complain are expecting the best at the cheapest price. SORRY. Things are priced perfectly all the time.

I recently sold a 21 Window to a happy guy in Portland. He paid full price. Done deal.

I recently sold a double cab that I bought from KCW. Again, KCW guys happy with the money, and the new owner happy.

Also, I won't be responding to 'posts' here as I know people on the samba and forums like to go on and on about nonsense. Read this post twice, three times, I don't care. I'm not going to go back forth about stuff that is MY OWN business. People butting in 3rd person who don't know half the story are a waste of time. I decided to respond this one time, never again. Don't like it, TOO BAD! Smile
G-wood Todd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a great selling experience with JP. Fast to pay with no problems. Thanks.
peterkeg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was not upset that he sold it but was pissed that I trusted him and did not count the cash he phoned 10 min after I drove and dropped it at his house.He said he would meet up with me the next day give me the rest of the cash that somehow fell out of his envelope,and the wheel it got to his house on.No show POS
dawerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterkeg wrote:
I was not upset that he sold it but was pissed that I trusted him and did not count the cash he phoned 10 min after I drove and dropped it at his house.He said he would meet up with me the next day give me the rest of the cash that somehow fell out of his envelope,and the wheel it got to his house on.No show POS

Riight. After 6+ years you're telling me that I didn't pay you the full amount. Good one. I think you're reaching for straws here Peter. You live 4 hours away and you went back and I'm supposed to have met you 'the next' day?

You were all smiles and giddy when I paid you the full amount after dropping the BD off at my house. Then, you turned all sour when I was offered almost triple for it and sold it. THAT'S your real beef. I admit I flipped it, but come on Pete, even this is a little lame for you isn't it?
dawerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterkeg wrote:

Hey Pete, remember when Dave went up to your place to buy your BD? He had a trailer and cash in hand. 4 hour drive. Then when you saw they wanted to buy it, you got greedy and 'changed your mind'. That's pretty shitty way to treat a nice dude like Dave. 8 hours, empty handed.

THAT'S why I got you to deliver the BD to my house. I knew you were going to flake or do something weasly like ask for more cash. The look on your face when you saw that fat stack was priceless! It's pretty difficult to believe that a cheap tight wad like you wouldn't have counted the money, but even if you didn't, it's your stupidity. Who makes a deal without counting the money? For the record you asked for $1000 more from me than from Dave. I guess I could call you a flipper too.

Also, if you forget I said I would pay your full asking price, no questions asked. It's highly unlikely that I would've miscounted (do you know what my real job is?) but it was on you to tell me that fact as soon as you found out so I could fix it. NOT 6+ years later.

Fess up, you're butt hurt about the BD sale. On the forum you even said, 'the biggest regret I have is selling my BD'. Riiight? Smile Just waited these many years to let the hurt out? It's ok, it's done, move on!

See that's the problem with the internet, only half the story gets told. People know one little thing and they think they know it all right Pete? Laughing
CdnVWJunkie Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buyer Beware:

Purchased a '63 Double Cab from JP via eBay. Purchase date: July '10. Ad #: 260625178085. Purchase price: $11.7K Quoted from the ad:

- "...freshly restored crew cab... there is no rust on it at all. Originally it was very solid.... the undercarriage has been restored as well. "

- "mechanical; all new front and rear end parts. Disc brakes. All new lines. Stops like a new car... "

- "... the engine is a strong running 1500cc single port. No oil leaks and rebuilt."

- " this is a tight handling, nice driving double cab"

- " it comes with a clear US 1964 Title from Washington state"

- "..I can pick you up at the airport if you want to drive home.."

It took nearly 8 weeks to get the vehicle. The shipping company didn't want to ship it because the emergency brake wasn't hooked up. I spoke with JP and he said he'd correct it. After he picked up the truck from the shippers I couldn't get a hold of him for nearly 2 weeks. I was worried sick, thinking I'd just been scammed. The shippers called and said it had just been dropped at their compound on the back of a roll off and asked what did I want them to do? I begged them to ship it to me even without it running, driving and without an e-brake. To their credit they honored their first price too. After it was dropped off I could never get it contact with JP. He disconnected the phone # he gave me and never answered his emails.

What arrived in Toronto at the shippers wasn't anything close to what was described to me. I understand Caveat Emptor very well and that sometimes cars, their details and condition is subjective ie: one mans junk is another treasure but JP out and out lied about the condition of this truck. As I mentioned I repeatedly tried to get in contact with him to no avail.

Detailed description of what arrived:

- no keys
- flat/discharged battery
- no title
- no M code plate and engine compartment stamped ID number missing/filled
- the fuel tank was an early beetle tank that required removal from under the bed area to be filled
- non running due to fuel, MIA key and discharged battery. Correcting these uncovered a failed throw out bearing to a maladjusted clutch cable.
- rust holes in the bed and each gate has rust holes on the outside AND inside.

Each of the above items was determined (aside from the clutch issue) within the first 10 min. inspection. I picked the truck up in Toronto about 180 miles from my place and I brought it home. I kept trying to get a hold of JP hoping that I'd be able to return the bus and get a refund. After several more days of no contact I contacted eBays insurance claims company. That program is basically a joke. According to their "rules" anything over 10 years old isn't eligible for their claim policy other than titling issues. Given that I never received a title they took the case. After another 6-8 weeks I got a title. In the end JP sent them a title and because he illegally imported it into Canada they offered to cover the cost of the HST collected at the border by Customs but the transportation costs and my time to legally import were to be covered by myself.

Other details noted once it was determined JP wasn't going to do the honorable thing.

- hack workmanship details like:

- Welding. Absolutely poor quality, I mean down right amateur. For example: new rear cargo floor halves welded in but only around the perimeter. The centre portion was buckled 1.5" up from the frame crossmembers. Think pop can when you walked on it. 3rd door was jammed closed and the bottom lip ripped because the rocker was installed 1/2" too high and the rocker and door contacted one another each time the door was closed. Remember how the shippers said there wasn't an emergency brake? Well, he put in a new Gerson floor but cut out the front heater pipe AND the emergency brake pivot point so there wasn't anything the e-brake could mount to. As mentioned the bed was completely rotten as were all 5 bed floor crossmembers. The drivers long rocker panel was welded too far forward by 3/8" so it overlapped the DS dogleg. Bondo everywhere and some not even sanded- I'm serious. It was painted without primer, right over rust. The paint finish looked like it was painted with a undercoating gun, I stopped counting the runs after reaching 20.

Mechanically:

- a Beetle shifter instead of a bus shifter.
- the rear brakes lines were new alright but they were pinched closed and looped- therefor completely non functional and very unsafe.
- rear drums were new but empty inside. No shoes, hardware kit nor wheel cylinders.
- home made front spindles. poorly welded and completely unsafe.
- both swing axle boots were torn and the trans 1/2 empty
- not one single light was hooked up on the truck
- speedo cable was missing
- custom fuel tank that required removal from under the rear seat area to be filled.
- maladjusted clutch cable causing premature failure of the throw out bearing

In the interest of full disclosure. He offered to return my money :

dawerks wrote:
buseric wrote:

I know this is not the only time this has happened with this seller; I have an acquaintance that went through the same thing, same quality, same rip off.

PM me his name and details and I will get him a full refund upon return of whatever bus it was.

He emailed me this later that same day:

"Hi Rob, is this the white ebay one? You're right, some pretty shoddy work that I thought at the time was well done. How much money did you get from ebay?

And I think the selling price was $13xxx or something similar? (What was it again?)

jp

Also do you have pictures of what it looks like now?"

I sent the pictures as requested but offered a compromise instead of a full refund. He's left me hanging on the partial refund even though he publicly offered it. You must remember that I've invested a significant amount of money and time in the restoration. It needs $4K in sheet metal still: gates, bed floor, BF crossmembers, DS long rocker and DS dogleg. I'm going to repair this truck properly. I'm well on my way to doing so. It was a lot of work to undo his hack work.

I could seriously go on and on. If you've hung in and taken the time to read this. Good for you. I have photo documentation of ALL of this. My objective with writing this is to warn others of JPs lack of skill set and lying methods to sell his wares.

Edited to add other info.

BUYER BEWARE
dawerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw this, but trust me, I will respond more...

... I drove the Double Cab from the West end to the Via Rail office. They had their yard guy drive it from the parking to the yard area in the back. The US title was given to Rob. Also, I never imported it Russ (last name withheld) from Vancouver sold it to me and he imported it (also have the papers). Nice try!

As for the workman ship, it was a bare metal repaint. And the ad showed the photos of the truck.

SELECTIVE commenting and quoting above! I can do the same, but it should be obvious. Sold for $11,xxx and I offered a refund for the DC if it was in the same similar shape. He decided to take it apart and sand blast it.

Put it back together the way it was and you can have your full money back as stated. I'm not going to put up with your $4000 extortion attempt. Also he threatened 'legal' action. GO AHEAD! I am happy with independent decision Smile

I guess I'm calling your bluff! As for the money from ebay, I have a different side of the story.
dawerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DC I sold for $11300 running, driving, stopping etc. Happy to give a full refund if it's returned in the same/similar shape. He knew exactly what he was buying, and what else needed to be done but he has some selective amnesia.

The bottom was also painted, rust free. New tires/wheels and ALL drop spindles are 'home made'. I didn't build them, I bought them from a Samba member. Mechanical issues were disclosed (no wipers, rear brakes need work) and yet he chose to ignore them.

He wanted a PERFECT restored DC for $11K! Please! I have sold many buses and to come back after 2 years is pretty lame. I have had the same phone number for over 20+ years. He also knew I was posting on these forums consistently with my real name at the bottom of every post but he didn't contact me.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

CdnVWJunkie Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawerks wrote:
The DC I sold for $11300 running, driving, stopping etc. Happy to give a full refund if it's returned in the same/similar shape. He knew exactly what he was buying, and what else needed to be done but he has some selective amnesia.

The bottom was also painted, rust free. New tires/wheels and ALL drop spindles are 'home made'. I didn't build them, I bought them from a Samba member. Mechanical issues were disclosed (no wipers, rear brakes need work) and yet he chose to ignore them.

He wanted a PERFECT restored DC for $11K! Please! I have sold many buses and to come back after 2 years is pretty lame. I have had the same phone number for over 20+ years. He also knew I was posting on these forums consistently with my real name at the bottom of every post but he didn't contact me.

I have no intention of doing anything other than letting other sambaites know what quality, or lack there of, you offer with your "rebuilds/restorations". You simply have ZERO integrity. You'll say whatever you need to to make a sale, plain and simple. You think people can't see that?

To anyone considering purchasing from Joginder Sohi I would absolutely insist on viewing in person.

Oh, and by the way you can't paint over rust and call that rust free Rolling Eyes

Here's a small sampling of his handicraft and opinion of "rustfree"

Rear brakes disabled?

"Rust free" cross member

"rust free" gate

Another "rust free" gate. All three were like this. The bed floor was worse.

Bed floor crossmembers. All "rust free" but strangely wouldn't support the bed.

I have many more examples of this. PM me if you want more details.
thorney
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously mixed reviews about JP so I think it's important to share my
experience.

I'm in the UK and bought this bus;

http://ww.ssvc.org.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=85941&start=0

If you're reading this then you're thinking about buying something from
him and conserened about the mixed feedback like I was, so I basically
stalked JP to get as much info on him as poss. I found him on other
sites and wrote to people who have had dealings with him in the past and
followed some up with phone calls. I called him to ask him about the bad
feedback and even contacted Everett the founder of the Samba to ask his
opinion.

The general issue seems to be people expecting more than they get?

A photo can tell a thousand words but it can easily omit the word 'rust'.

So I asked for lots of photos and got 100s;

https://picasaweb.google.com/116408604984795722448...irectlink#

There's not much left unturned here.

I also found a thread of his work for a 1 month resto thing documenting
his progress.

http://www.kustomcoachwerks.com/forums/viewtopic.p...e123358596

The only thing I was worried about was it turning up with no engine, but
JP said it would be running when he put on the boat.

When I picked it up she started 1st go and drove.

Brakes that he's done are fantastic, great job!

I took 'everything works' in the description with a pinch of salt, and
sure enough everything does, but there is a diference between 'works'
and 'working' Smile

He didn't mention the gear box and linkage- amazing!

He didn't mention the steering- lots of work been done here and many
parts replaced! Very tight!

I'm not quite sure what's going on with the electrics, the engine is
12v, pulled it to find the bell house has been ground out to accommodate
a 12v flywheel! Saved me the effort, but wasn't mentioned.

The new starter is 12v and needed a 12v from 6v bushing in the bell house.

Haven't looked much further than that.

I didn't expect the world and these are the little things that an owner
like myself will find and sort out. JP didn't have it long. He picked it
up, did a few bits and bobs and sold it to me.

His communication was really good on email, and we chatted on the phone
a few times. And to his wife once when he was out! ha ha.

He did me a great service by taking the bus to the port on a trailer and
didn't charge me because he said it was a really nice part of the world
and he took the family with him for a holiday and was glad of the excuse
to go.

He also misquoted the shipping cost too cheap but paid the extra himself.

you can look through the photos yourself and see the floor he put in.
This is the most descriptive photo he took;

These are my photos of the same area;

Once I've got everything mechanically and electrically sorted I'm going
to drive down to see Gav at http://www.trailerqueenrestos.com/

..see what he want's to do. But I'll probably take the floor out and
start again.

My opinions are my own and I'm Fucking Stoked on this bus and the price!
Exactly what I wanted and if I were so inclined I could sell this bus in
the UK now it has plates and make a good profit, but that wasn't the point.
I love this bus and hopefully my grandkids will too!

If you want to talk to me on the phone then PM me and I'll give you my
number.

My advice. Consider the price, don't expect the world, get lots of photos.

If you're interested I've started a thread to document the progress;

http://www.ssvc.org.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=90383

Cheers.
James.
Raescar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: DAwerks JP in Acanada Reply with quote

Sent JP at dawerks $145 I sent for a part he advertised. He had no tracking number and said he would refund my money but never did.
dawerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raescar/Eric; Your money has been refunded. I sold him a large 356A Dash top and shipped it. He says he didn't get it and I will give benefit of doubt and refund money.
Raescar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:40 am    Post subject: JP at Dawerks Reply with quote

JP has refunded my money and I am satisfied. he did return my messages and was hoping the part would show up but no such luck. JP is now AOK with me.
Clifton Campers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:55 am    Post subject: Scum Reply with quote

I bought a bus from JP a couple of years ago, he offered to take it to the port for me which i accepted. When the bus arrived in the UK he has stolen the engine!! he then ignored countless emails and i had to spend about £1400 on a replacement.

bearing in mind before i purchased the bus he supplied videos of the bus running and driving.

I have been contacted by SO MANY other sellers that have been scammed by this guys and i can supply all information of their cases against him.

I know there is also a group of previous buyers that have got together and are planning on taking legal action against him.

Stay as far away from this seller as is humanly possible to do and you will be fine!

If you want any more info PM me.

Ryan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
dawerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some facts you did leave out (of course). You still owe me 500 Pound remember? You said you would pay for delivery to the port then YOU disappeared. No answers to my emails.

A few years? More like 3. You were using a different email and samba username then right?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: