Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Ghia Owners...Post Your Ghias
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 77, 78, 79  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
motorhead364
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Ghia Owners...Post Your Ghias Reply with quote

^ wow
Duck58
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Ghia Owners...Post Your Ghias Reply with quote

The ADAC wrote:
Had the film developed from the Hasselblad 500 C/M camera, I think it came out great..
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Fantastic!
bhartwell59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Ghia Owners...Post Your Ghias Reply with quote

Got mine on the road at Christmas. New carb, new fuel pump, rebuilt rear brakes. Fun to drive after 16 years.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Rich62ghia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:57 am    Post subject: Re: Ghia Owners...Post Your Ghias Reply with quote

The ADAC wrote:
Had the film developed from the Hasselblad 500 C/M camera, I think it came out great..

WOW that looks great, beutiful car
Fiatdude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Ghia Owners...Post Your Ghias Reply with quote

Link

motorhead364
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Ghia Owners...Post Your Ghias Reply with quote

AWESOME! Sounds mean. What kind of power did you make?
Fiatdude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Ghia Owners...Post Your Ghias Reply with quote

I was only making 10 psi and it was just over 250 HP -- -- was chasing what was keeping it from building boost for a couple of hours
PeteSC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:17 am    Post subject: Re: Ghia Owners...Post Your Ghias Reply with quote

My '58.

motorhead364
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:10 am    Post subject: Re: Ghia Owners...Post Your Ghias Reply with quote

Fiatdude wrote:
I was only making 10 psi and it was just over 250 HP -- -- was chasing what was keeping it from building boost for a couple of hours

That should make for a fun ride Twisted Evil
djway3474
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: Ghia Owners...Post Your Ghias Reply with quote

PeteSC wrote:
My '58.

what rear tire/wheel/spacer combo in the rear
beautiful car
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
PeteSC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Ghia Owners...Post Your Ghias Reply with quote

djway3474 wrote:

beautiful car

Thanks! Rear stock drums drilled to Porsche pattern, EMPI 5.5" Fuchs, 205/70 tire. No spacers, later 60's syncro trans and axles. Mild re-indexing of rear spring plates but don't know what combination - KCW did the suspension makeover.

You didn't ask Very Happy but front is KCW 4" narrowed beam w/ shocks, EMPI 2.5" drop spindles and disk brake kit, EMPI 4.5" Fuchs in Porsche pattern, Nankang 145 R/15.

Might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I love it. Lowered but not all cambered out, tires fill up wheel wells nicely without rubbing, good sidewall height allows the tire to tuck behind the fender lip some without being pan-scrapping low.

Side profile:
steveRnyc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Ghia Owners...Post Your Ghias Reply with quote

Missing my Ghia! only 3 or so months until she comes out of storage...
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Ghia Owners...Post Your Ghias Reply with quote

Hey PeteSC is that a narrowed front beam with drop spindles? Wink

Stance looks nice, front end looks tucked but not too much. Im hitting the LIKE button on stance and color. Smile
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=693583&highlight=67+dc
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
djway3474
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Ghia Owners...Post Your Ghias Reply with quote

PeteSC wrote:
djway3474 wrote:

beautiful car

Thanks! Rear stock drums drilled to Porsche pattern, EMPI 5.5" Fuchs, 205/70 tire. No spacers, later 60's syncro trans and axles. Mild re-indexing of rear spring plates but don't know what combination - KCW did the suspension makeover.

You didn't ask Very Happy but front is KCW 4" narrowed beam w/ shocks, EMPI 2.5" drop spindles and disk brake kit, EMPI 4.5" Fuchs in Porsche pattern, Nankang 145 R/15.

Might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I love it. Lowered but not all cambered out, tires fill up wheel wells nicely without rubbing, good sidewall height allows the tire to tuck behind the fender lip some without being pan-scrapping low.

Side profile:

I have the same wheels but the rear 195s are rubbing the spring plate. Is your transmission a long axle 68? I still have the spit case in mine while I mock everything up. I am picking up some 3/8 spacers tomorrow to see how that goes. I think I will need to clearance the drivers side body.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
djway3474
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Ghia Owners...Post Your Ghias Reply with quote

PeteSC wrote:
djway3474 wrote:

beautiful car

Side profile:

I have the same wheels but the rear 195s are rubbing the spring plate. Is your transmission a long axle 68? I still have the spit case in mine while I mock everything up. I am picking up some 3/8 spacers tomorrow to see how that goes. I think I will need to clearance the drivers side body.
djway3474
Samba Member

PeteSC wrote:
djway3474 wrote:

beautiful car

Side profile:

Fiatdude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Ghia Owners...Post Your Ghias Reply with quote

We have a 3peat folks LOL
PeteSC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Ghia Owners...Post Your Ghias Reply with quote

djway3474 wrote:
PeteSC wrote:
djway3474 wrote:

beautiful car

Side profile:

I'm not sure of the trans/axle setup other than its a later synchro. Likely is long axle since these have no spacers and the wheels are closer to the fender lip than to the spring plate.

c21darrel wrote:
Hey PeteSC is that a narrowed front beam with drop spindles? Wink

Stance looks nice, front end looks tucked but not too much. Im hitting the LIKE button on stance and color. Smile

Thanks. Really fun car to drive with a rebuilt 36'er, fresh suspension, wiring all sorted, etc. Solid car but the repaint is probably a 5 on a scale of 1-10....she's really looks best when viewed from 10' away. Very Happy
ol'skool
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: Ghia Owners...Post Your Ghias Reply with quote

From this...

To this...

Almost done. Lots of labor, hours and money went into this. The po had done such a poor job I couldn't drive it in feel "good" The body was full of waves, nothing fit right and the interior was pieced together. Bye bye HOK Lime Gold Candy, Corbeau seats and gawdy stuff. Now a much more toned down original looking Ghia. Sand tweed interior, brown carpet & Sea Gull Grey over Mango Green paint. Kept the MOFOCO 2167 and the running gear. No work needed there. Can't wait to start it back up. It's been 1 1/2 since I ran it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
John Ghia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Ghia Owners...Post Your Ghias Reply with quote

Andy's Ghia

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 77, 78, 79  Next
Jump to:
Page 50 of 79

Jump to: