Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 135, 136, 137  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
Michael4104
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

I sent a message to him asking,
Quote:
Is this a factory Westfalia? Can we see the hole in the roof that allows entrance to the top bed? Why is the interior brown instead of gray? Where are spice rack above the kitchen? Where are the four wheel drive controls?
Michael j

DwarfVader
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Michael4104 wrote:
I sent a message to him asking,
Quote:
Is this a factory Westfalia? Can we see the hole in the roof that allows entrance to the top bed? Why is the interior brown instead of gray? Where are spice rack above the kitchen? Where are the four wheel drive controls?
Michael j

You're a better more patient man than I am...

Then again... I'm currently selling a car for westy funds, and have gotten a couple tags from scammers... The last one I've been screwing with for 3 days now, just to amuse myself. (One of those "I'm sending my brother because I'm in the military, and I will only do business through paypal... you have a verified account right?" scammers.)

At this point he's frustrated because I keep telling him the transaction has been completed and he can wait for shipment of the item soon... if he has any questions he can refer to our websites help and FAQ section. (I don't actually ever list any website of any kind.)

He took the bait, now he just keeps trying to get back to talking about paypal, but I won't let him... I think he's completely forgotten this was over a car.

I'll find my van someday, or it will find me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
nemobuscaptain
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

16CV's wrote:
At least when you spend that kind of money From GW or the many other quality camper builders they won't deliver it with missing cabinets and a different color outside then inside.

Well, I've seen several Gowesties with different interior and exterior colors and almost all of them have bedliner covering the "bodywork" on the lower portion.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/FullMoonBusClub

RIP Bob Hoover https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=427791
Hoover Sermons: https://www.vwsage.com/images/vwsage/Bob%20Hoovers%20Sermons.pdf
DwarfVader
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

nemobuscaptain wrote:
16CV's wrote:
At least when you spend that kind of money From GW or the many other quality camper builders they won't deliver it with missing cabinets and a different color outside then inside.

Well, I've seen several Gowesties with different interior and exterior colors and almost all of them have bedliner covering the "bodywork" on the lower portion.

I've yet to see a proper GoWesty restored rig that has mismatched paint between interior and exterior... Bedliner yes, but shoddy paint jobs like you're describing... no.

There's a lot of shade one can throw GW's way, for a myriad of things... (Most of them are abject opinion based.) But I have yet to see them fail in the particular dept. you're talking about.

*EDIT:* I accept that just because I haven't seen it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist... however... All of my free time in the last couple years has been devoted to knowing as much as i can about these rigs without currently owning one. So I look at a LOT of photos, ads, and I've read so much back log of this forum it's sorta ridiculous. (I'd genuinely like to see if there are "read" statistics and metrics on users, just because I think it would be cool to see how crazy I've apparently made myself.)

at any rate... I've seen many a thing... but not the one you claim.

Last edited by DwarfVader on Thu May 19, 2016 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
Michael4104
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

nemobuscaptain wrote:
16CV's wrote:

You got any pictures? Did Gw do the painting? Except maybe the bedliner I think not.
RainierSyncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

A little Windex on a q-tip does wonders cleaning a cellphone camera lens. Or maybe the air quality in Arizona is 10 times worse than in Beijing, China?

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1930709
wyldryce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

RainierSyncro wrote:
A little Windex on a q-tip does wonders cleaning a cellphone camera lens. Or maybe the air quality in Arizona is 10 times worse than in Beijing, China?

I see a McDonalds in the background, maybe he just ate a few Big Macs before handling his phone/camera? It gives everything that dreamy "rubbed with ham" look that all the photographers are after Rolling Eyes
RainierSyncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Our favorite Vanagon seller in NJ is back at it selling the same vans over and over on e-bay. He's selling under the name "Truenfairhonest". You may have see some of his offerings:

The Syncro "Westy":

"Sold" on May 11 for $27,600
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1989-Volkswagen-Bus-Vanago...7675.l2557

"Sold" again on May 22 for $34,670
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Volkswagen-Bus-Vanagon-SYN...1856813098

Looky here, a 1990 Multivan sunroof camper going on it's 3rd "sale".

"Sold" on May 5 for $12,500
"Sold" on May 15 for $15,100
Now up for sale again!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Volkswagen-Bus-Vanagon-Eur...1862561067

Of course, when you look at the bidding history, it's all under the shroud of "private listing". If I was the seller, I'd remove the private listing and expose these non-paying deadbeats that seem to ruin all my E-bay listings week after week after week. How could I make a living if people are constantly not living up to their end of the deal?
photogdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

RainierSyncro wrote:

Don't use Windex! Shocked
It will ruin the coatings on the lens. Use isopropyl alcohol instead. Or just breathe on it a little before wiping.

My Westy Movies:
photogdave On Vimeo
photogdave On YouTube

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RCB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

A Vanagon Gas Cap in the Classifieds for $ 60.00 Shocked when the exact same thing can be purchased new for $ 20.00. Rolling Eyes
insyncro
Banned

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 7:26 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

RCB wrote:
A Vanagon Gas Cap in the Classifieds for $ 60.00 Shocked when the exact same thing can be purchased new for $ 20.00. Rolling Eyes

I saw that Laughing

Dude has $yncro on the brain.
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

He only has to find the right buyer.

Stacy
Samba member # 14980
Call anytime number 650 722 4914 .
Keep Your van running and upkept tastefully for the love of the hobby.
Don't let your van end up in an "abortions" thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
insyncro
Banned

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

So sad, but so true Wink
DwarfVader
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1932497

Shocked Shocked Shocked

They're lucky that everyone involved in said "hard hit" to the drivers side didn't kill them all...

dchase36
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Does anyone know where i could buy a new board for the top bunk that hinges out? Mine is warped.

Thanks!
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

update your profile with your location may help..

in other words, I have one I could share, but I don't know where you are compared to me and I'm not interested in shipping a large plywood board.

dchase36 wrote:
Does anyone know where i could buy a new board for the top bunk that hinges out? Mine is warped.

Thanks!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

DwarfVader wrote:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1932497
Shocked Shocked Shocked .

Yeah because we're all concerned with the minor seam rust.

Quote:
1984 Volkswagen Vanagon westfalia Price: 3500
1984 Vw westy Vanagon L, no power steering or A/C, 1.9 L, manual transmission. Runs, drives and shifts good. Has updated stainless steel coolant pipes. Popup canvas has a few minor tears. Hit pretty hard on drivers center, taking out the propane tank and damaging the kitchen cabinets. Missing upper bunk and trunk cushions. Minor seam rust over rear arches. Asking $3500, open to all reasonable offers.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

dchase36
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

danfromsyr wrote:
update your profile with your location may help..

in other words, I have one I could share, but I don't know where you are compared to me and I'm not interested in shipping a large plywood board.

dchase36 wrote:

Thanks!

Really appreciate the offer. Pretty sure we are on opposite ends of the country Crying or Very sad
insyncro
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

SVX shite pile Exclamation

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Subaru-3-3-svx-swap-for-VW...mp;vxp=mtr
RainierSyncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

I want to sell this '82, but couldn't possibly be bothered to pull this tarp off. You guys know what a Vanagon looks like anyway, so I don't have to really make the effort here. Rolling Eyes

http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/cto/5611902233.html

No peeking!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 135, 136, 137  Next
Jump to:
Page 77 of 137

Jump to: