Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

'58/'59 Beetle Discussion
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 119, 120, 121 ... 146, 147, 148  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
stale air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, got it. Faltdachbezug V 49 blau
There is your color. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ben Dover
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunroof color code for Capri blue is V49 blue.
MeeferMadness
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:12 pm    Post subject: Sunroof color Reply with quote

Hey, thanks, does anyone have a color sample for V49? Don't know what I would do without all the helpful enthusiasts on the Samba!
Bruce
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ben Dover
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original top would have matched the paint color.
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

67dub wrote:
Does anyone have a copy of the original card for the fuse panel?
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I'm doing the wiring on my 58 and I was hoping to find a reproduction of it for mine.

DO NOT waste time getting one from WW, it won't match the original, it's the wrong size, it was in German instead of English like the U.S. models had, and they aren't labeled right.
jdconceptual
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:01 pm    Post subject: COMPLETE HARDWARE LIST FOR 1962 VW BUG SEDAN Reply with quote

Is there such a thing as a complete hardware list for a bug? I have a 62 sedan. I really doubt it... like finding a rainbow colored unicorn who craps skittles Shocked , but maybe not. Any help in where to find such a resource or direct me to the right thread would be greatly appreciated.

Specifically looking for the bolts for the rear shock towers and rear bumper bolt specs (I.E. - M?x? ?mm long grade ? etc.)

Many thanks, JD
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:50 am    Post subject: Re: COMPLETE HARDWARE LIST FOR 1962 VW BUG SEDAN Reply with quote

jdconceptual wrote:
Is there such a thing as a complete hardware list for a bug? I have a 62 sedan. I really doubt it... like finding a rainbow colored unicorn who craps skittles Shocked , but maybe not. Any help in where to find such a resource or direct me to the right thread would be greatly appreciated.

Specifically looking for the bolts for the rear shock towers and rear bumper bolt specs (I.E. - M?x? ?mm long grade ? etc.)
G
Many thanks, JD

Damn, so close. M&Ms my unicorn can do; skittles, no.

Find the nearest rebuild thread, compliment user on her/his work, wait one week, then ask nicely to measure.

It's all in the planning.....
Heinz57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the hardware kits to attach the US spec car bumpers and the shocks to your '62 Beetle. The bumper bolts are 8mm x 25mm, the shock bolts are 12mm x 40mm I believe but the kits will take out the guess work.

Here is the Bumper bolt kit rear US Cars:
http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=113798004

Here is the Bumper bolt kit front US Cars:
http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=113798003

Front shock bolt kit: http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=111413000

Rear shock bolt kit: http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=111513000A
jdconceptual
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: COMPLETE HARDWARE LIST FOR 1962 VW BUG SEDAN Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
jdconceptual wrote:

G
Many thanks, JD

Damn, so close. M&Ms my unicorn can do; skittles, no.

Find the nearest rebuild thread, compliment user on her/his work, wait one week, then ask nicely to measure.

It's all in the planning.....

Haha yeah heard that. Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
jdconceptual
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heinz57 wrote:
Here are the hardware kits to attach the US spec car bumpers and the shocks to your '62 Beetle. The bumper bolts are 8mm x 25mm, the shock bolts are 12mm x 40mm I believe but the kits will take out the guess work.

Here is the Bumper bolt kit rear US Cars:
http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=113798004

Here is the Bumper bolt kit front US Cars:
http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=113798003

Front shock bolt kit: http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=111413000

Rear shock bolt kit: http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=111513000A

Thanks for the info! After this full pan up resto-mod I used all the right bolts and was left with some that were imperial I.e. 1/4-20 from the original owner.

Cheers, JD
Long-roofs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: '58/'59 Beetle Discussion Reply with quote

'59 Mignonette now with a 40hp, running and moving around the yard with e-brake. Original paint rims.

"No, I do not own a bleepin' leaf blower"

--
smurfpike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: '58/'59 Beetle Discussion Reply with quote

I need some help with a 58 euro ragtop I am looking at buying.

1. Is there any way to tell if the ragtop and semaphores are original and have not been welded in with removing the headliner?
2. Will there be a M code plate, if so where is it located?
3. Anything else that I can confirm that is original

Was the euro ragtop the only left hand drive to get semaphores?

Thanks

IG Westyrestorations
FB WestyRestorations, parts and accessories

1987 Syncro "Big Red", Full restoration thread http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=606596

1978 Westy Camper, Full ground up restoration, restoration thread http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=593413
stale air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: '58/'59 Beetle Discussion Reply with quote

smurfpike wrote:
I need some help with a 58 euro ragtop I am looking at buying.

1. Is there any way to tell if the ragtop and semaphores are original and have not been welded in with removing the headliner?
2. Will there be a M code plate, if so where is it located?
3. Anything else that I can confirm that is original

Was the euro ragtop the only left hand drive to get semaphores?

Thanks

If you were to drop the headliner, it really depends on how well or how bad the PO did the graft. If done correctly you won't be able to tell.
As for the semi's you would have to sand down the areas around them to see if they were welded in. And again , if done correctly you may not be able to tell if they are not original or not.
The only way to tell for sure would be to order a birth certificate on it.
Unlike a bus, there are no M codes on the car that gives that info.

Euros in both left and and right hand drive could have semi's.
fvracer27
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: '58/'59 Beetle Discussion Reply with quote

I have a 58 Deluxe

Color is L 245 Light Bronze
Interior is 75 Grey/Green

Did all these cars come with carpet? I see some with just rubber floors, some with part carpet and rubber mats and some with full carpet. Mine has full carpet that is a grey color but I'm not sure if it came that way.

58 Bug
Womer EV3 Formula Vee
sunroof
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: '58/'59 Beetle Discussion Reply with quote

No reason.

Don
iamdonquixote
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: '58/'59 Beetle Discussion Reply with quote

Is it true that early 58's used 57' rear brakes rotated 180 degrees? I'm a bit puzzled by the rear brake setup on my early 58' ( Build aug 57' )

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=643237
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sunroof
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: '58/'59 Beetle Discussion Reply with quote

If you look at the above picture you will see a '58 with '57 brakes on it. The slaves are at the top in back and at the rear in front as I recall. The brake hoses and lines would get too snakey otherwise.

Don
MeeferMadness
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: '58/'59 Steering column tube Reply with quote

I posted this in another thread with no response. I have two steering column tubes, and since I got my car 100% in boxes I am having a difficult time discerning which tube is correct for my 59 sunroof. Could not find an answer searchin in this thread, but I am sure somebody here would know.
On another subject, I am rebuilding the rear view mirror assembly and cannot see a way to remove the plastic visor from one mirror and re-install it on another; any suggestions?
Thanks
Meefermadness

TinCanFab
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: '58/'59 Steering column tube Reply with quote

MeeferMadness wrote:
I posted this in another thread with no response. I have two steering column tubes, and since I got my car 100% in boxes I am having a difficult time discerning which tube is correct for my 59 sunroof. Could not find an answer searchin in this thread, but I am sure somebody here would know.
On another subject, I am rebuilding the rear view mirror assembly and cannot see a way to remove the plastic visor from one mirror and re-install it on another; any suggestions?
Thanks
Meefermadness

I'm not sure if you figured it out yet Meefer, but to add to the thread- the fastest and most accurate way to tell a 59 and earlier steering tube is the horn brush. I don't know about standard models, but deluxe horn buttons from the 50's need this on the side, under the dash:

They're never really ever finished 58 rag build...
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=658092
MeeferMadness
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: '58/'59 Beetle Discussion Reply with quote

Both tubes have the horn brush. The only difference is the expanded section at the top of the tube which would take a different bushing.
Bruce
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 119, 120, 121 ... 146, 147, 148  Next
Jump to:
Page 120 of 148

Jump to: