Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW Birth Certificates
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
lolight70
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:59 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

So how much is it now ?
No discount for multiple applications ?
60freak
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

I just ordered mine a couple weeks ago and it was $56 usd I believe. There are no discounts available that I am aware of.
René R.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Mine just arrived, slightly under 6-1/2 months after ordering it.

The best part (as far as I'm concerned, anyway) is that it was originally shipped to a local dealer -- Riviera Motors in San Francisco. Very Happy Now to find a license plate frame...
alexs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Mine arrived 01.04.2016. Ordered 26.09.2015.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
TheStanfordWagen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Will they still list the original engine number if the one provided isn't the original?
Solex 30 PICT-3
Fahrgest.-Nr. 118096544
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
stale air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

TheStanfordWagen wrote:
Will they still list the original engine number if the one provided isn't the original?

Nope......
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
René R.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

TheStanfordWagen wrote:

Once upon a time they would list the original motor number on the certificate. I'm not sure why they changed it but now you can give them the number and if it's correct, they'll say so. But if not, you're stuck.

That seems like a weird decision on their part.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

René R. wrote:
TheStanfordWagen wrote:

Once upon a time they would list the original motor number on the certificate. I'm not sure why they changed it but now you can give them the number and if it's correct, they'll say so. But if not, you're stuck.

That seems like a weird decision on their part.

I've been told that it's now against German law to provide it.

I do not know if that is true but it would also not surprise me if they stopped due to fraud.
There are several people out there that I have been told will re-stamp an engine case to be whatever you want, in the correct style.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
René R.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 5:35 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

That makes sense, Everett. Thanks.
westcoastbullies
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

maybe I just got lucky or something has changed....

ordered March 3rd - mailed to me May 24. received today!

TEAM AUOK 1984 SKATEBOARD CO.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
HippyTom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

HippyTom wrote:
I ordered BCs and data sheets for both of my Bugs last night. Now I just need to forget about it and be surprised around Halloween/Thanksgiving/Christmas.

Did anyone else have trouble filling out the iPayment form that was in German? I had to look up a lot of words to figure out what I was supposed to put in which box.

Just got mine today for both of my Bugs. It only took 4 months and a week. I'm stoked!!! I wasn't expecting it until Thanksgiving or Christmas.

Since my Dad bought my 63 as the second owner from the dealership (It was traded in by the original purchaser from that dealership) in 66, and we owned it ever since, I knew the original colors and stuff (pearl white, red leatherette interior, two tone wheels, hinged rear side windows, De Luxe Sedan with sun roof). I found the date of build (11/2/62) and left factory (12/13/62) interesting. Quite a lag compared to my 62. It's also interesting that it was shipped to Jacksonville / USA (which I assume was Jacksonville, FL). The dealership that sold it both new and the second time to my Dad was Younce Motors, Inc. in Hickory, NC. It's ironic that I was born and raised in NC with this car and now live with this car in Florida (albeit 4 hours from Jacksonville).

The info for my 62 confirmed my suspicion that it also was originally L87 Pearl White. Interestingly it also had the red leatherette interior. It also had the same colors of two tone wheels and is an original De Luxe Sedan with sun roof. It was built on 8/3/61 and left the factory 8/8/61 and was shipped to San Antonio / USA.
Jacco Verveer Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

not order at the same time both came in today

this was quick no 9 months

the 1302 was ordered on 24-4

side note 1 is not mine both are crunchy Laughing
Tracey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

So after looking at the certificates posted here it looks like it does not give info regarding if your VW was 6 volt or 12? Is this information available to be found elsewhere? The reason I ask is my van is in one of those areas of mid years, the original engine is long gone, but Im finding evidence of it being a 6 volt while Ive been working on it. Any idea of where to maybe find that info?
Thank you
Tracey
I love the Vans!
Rickles
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

I ordered my '67 Beetle's on March 24th and received it around Aug. 1st. Interestingly, they list it as 6 volt under the US equipment list (it is 12 volt) and list "M 044 White wall tyres under customs seal" as an Extra/Option.

They confirmed the original engine number I sent them; although, that engine was replaced with another HO 1500.

1967 VW Beetle - Savannah Beige Very Happy
2002 VW GTi - Reflex Silver (Sold) Sad
1966 VW Beetle - Bahama Blue (Sold) Sad
1961 Porsche 356B Roadster - Signal Red (Sold) Brick wall
1966 VW Beetle - Sea Sand (Sold) Sad
South Jersey Volkswagen Club
Central Jersey Volkswagen Society
chadmark88
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:18 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Mine arrived yesterday . . it took three months - two weeks to arrive.

It cost 57 dollars.

Mine has the M 350 US Equipment:

Seatbelt's in front
Mph speedometer
Two locking doors
Sealed-beam headlamps
Hazard warning system
Without headlight flasher
Laminated windscreen
Ram protection
Reversing light
Drum brake
Dual circuit brake system
12 volt system (standard)
12 volt system (US equipment)

The country of destination was listed as: Washington / US

( I wonder if that means Washington DC ? - maybe the ship came right up the Potomac River back in 1969 !!! )
fabfriar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Got my certificate in the mail today, 10-15-2016, ordered on 7-6-2016, price was $55.57.
bugn24-7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Just ordered mine today. Cost is now $70.91.
Hope it does not take as long as I have been reading on this post.
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

I believe it will be about 4 months according to the website. I ordered in August so I'm hoping to get it by Thanksgiving.
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
Gerb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Ordered mine on July 31, and received the first on one Oct 21. There was an issue with the paint code so I emailed Roswitha Hendel about it. She said that my car was made in Emden and they used different paint codes than those made in Wolfsburg - at least according to the records she has.

She corrected mine and I received the second one today.

My cost was 75 eu / $83.98 US.
'64 Ruby Red Deluxe Beetle
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Ooh you ordered 14 days before me this is exciting, it should be here soon Very Happy
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Jump to:
Page 40 of 61

Jump to: