Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wagen Werks - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Wagen Werks
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: May 07, 2023
eldub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Avoid this seller!!! Reply with quote

European buyer : avoid this poor seller.

Bought and paid 51$ 2 months ago for a breather box I never received. Item is still active : http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1391344

This is my first buyer beware. I never had any problem before with overseas sales...

Just had an email back with the following words :

Hi
Laurent
I will check my paper work for a customs number. Please check your post office the can hold your item for 30 days are longer in customs .
Thanks
Lynn

It was one month ago........

Avoid Lynn and vw wagen werks!!!!!!!

Laurent Du ois (el dub)
Boesen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have ordered numerous things over the last two years from. From lense covers, emblem clips, shift extender, etc. Those were great expiriences and fast shipping. Never a problem with product.

Recently had a friend from our VW club ask me where to get a fuel sender for a 71 Bus. I recommended Wagenwerks as one vendor as a possibility. He researched prices and decided to go with Wagenwerks on my suggestion. Well.... This is where I was shocked as the issues he has had with them. He got no correspondance for the Fuel Sender after a week of waiting. Called numerous times, finally got an answer that they were waiting to ship it. So it ships, he receives item (which was suppose to be a brand new one). Item arrives tarnished, obviously used one!) I help him with install, product does not work. He has placed numerous calls to them. We troubleshooted fuel issue before purchase, and that is why he ordered a "new one". Well we decide to rebuild his original old one using a thread here on Samba. While doing this we open up the "Wagenwerks" one and no freaking guts inside. Float ball is there (tarnished) but no wires at all.... He has still been trying to contact them and no response from them...

Last edited by Boesen on Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Wagen Werks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boesen wrote:
I have ordered numerous things over the last two years from. From lense covers, emblem clips, shift extender, etc. Those were great expiriences and fast shipping. Never a problem with product.

Recently had a friend from our VW club ask me where to get a fuel sender for a 71 Bus. I recommended Wagenwerks as one vendor as a possibility. He researched prices and decided to go with Wagenwerks on my suggestion. Well.... This is where I was shocked as the issues he has had with them. He got no correspondance for the Fuel Sender after a week of waiting. Called numerous times, finally got an answer that they were waiting to ship it. So it ships, he receives item (which was suppose to be a brand new one). Item arrives tarnished, obviously used one!) I help him with install, product does not work. He has placed numerous calls to them. We troubleshooted fuel issue before purchase, and that is why he ordered a "new one". Well we decide to rebuild his original old one using a thread here on Samba. While doing this we open up the "Wagenwerks" one and no freaking guts inside. Float ball is there (tarnished) but no wires at all.... He has still been trying to contact them and no response from them...

Sad sad that a business before that I personally never had a problem with, has changed their way of business. Also sad to disguise "old" parts as new and send out a crap product. I feel terrible that my friend (who is an old elderly man) got taken for a "ride" by Wagenwerks. I will never do business again with you guys... Karma comes around Wagenwerks it will bite you back eventually!

Hey Boesen Sorry for You and your friends problem, We only sell new 71 bus sending units Period! All you need to do is PM the invoice number, customers name and I will check it out for you.

KeyWord * John

Thanks Larry

Contact Us -

Email - [email protected]
Phone - 1(760)949-2494
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Wagen Werks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Researched -

Walter Bettendorf IA

Phone Contact
*Walter Stated unit was faulty
*Lynn Replied please return for exchange or refund

Never received? Walter never said anything about a Used unit??

So if your referring to a Walter in Iowa, He never sent it back?

-Larry

Contact Us -

Email - [email protected]
Phone - 1(760)949-2494
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Boesen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wagen Werks wrote:
Researched -

Walter Bettendorf IA

Phone Contact
*Walter Stated unit was faulty
*Lynn Replied please return for exchange or refund

Never received? Walter never said anything about a Used unit??

So if your referring to a Walter in Iowa, He never sent it back?

-Larry

I apologize, I was under the impression that he had when I posted the above and before the PM was sent. I will speak to him again, and have him return unit to you. Thank you for the help in making this is a thorough and complete transaction like the ones I had always experienced.
aryue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All good on my end, - ordered a Bosch 010 distributor from Wagen Werks on a Thursday night and postman was at my door with the part on Monday afternoon. The part was well packed, as described in the ad and ready to roll.

- Andrew in Austin, TX -
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
lovethatconvertible
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Feedback for [email protected] Reply with quote

I've been buying from Wagen Werks for a few years now. Always happy with their service. Just received a switch from them. Part looks and works great. They always have something you need even if it's a spare/backup part.
larryho
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First deal with Wagen Werks and I must say I am more than happy. The web site is very easy to order. Oh the shipping is really reasonable and no PayPal fees. I have not check if they do international shipping. If they do I will certainly recommend them to my friends. In fact I have already done this.
I have been informed that the package arrived within 3 days as indicated by the tracking information given.
Thanks Lynn and the people in Wagen Werkes for the flawless transaction. Applause

larry
onetuza
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:08 am    Post subject: Wagen Werks Re-Built Speedo Reply with quote

I purchased and installed a re-built re-calibrated speedo
The speedo looked great at first glance, but I soon found three issues.

1. The gels are way too thin. When lighted from behind, they might as well be clear. The color is almost imperceptible and you can actually see the bulb behind them.
2. The large gel behind the directional arrows is lumpy and wrinkled. Very disappointing and very unprofessional.
3. Though they claim the speedo was calibrated three times for 165r tires, it is functioning at 3 to 4 mph slow. According to four different gps speed aps, when I think I'm doing 55 mph, I'm actually doing 58 to 59 mph. Very disappointing since the old one I replaced, hoping for more accuracy, was 5 to 6 mph fast. I have checked these aps on two other vehicle and find them within 1 mph of speedo reading.

Over all I am very disappointed with this $95 purchase.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kmichael
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Great Seller Reply with quote

I have made several purchases from Wagen Werks both new and used hard-to-find items. Everything was well packaged and met or exceeded my expectations. I purchased some 36HP items at fair prices which arrived promptly in better-than-expected condition...Thanks guys.
Gray Oval Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Good to go ! Reply with quote

Thank you for the used shock bolt & the front axle snubber. Arrived safe & promptly. regards - Gray Oval
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
emanchester
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have purchased several items from wagenwerks and have never had a problem. Ordering is easy and shipping is always fast. The best part is that they don't over charge for shipping!!!
vdubjim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered headlights. Came fast, packed well. No probs.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
1600LVariant
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a NOS auto pedal pad for my type3 from Larry and Lynn. Very happy with service and the part. Would thoroughly recommend Wagenwerks and would buy again with confidence.

Cheers from NZ!
fusca66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought some parts in website of wagenwerks, I try pay but dont apperas the value of shipping.
I send many emails to [email protected] but never answer to me...I think he dont like sell your parts to me :cry:
Sp2 1972 1700cc

Na duvida não ultrapasse
Alexmobil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wagenwerks sold me a mismatched pair of bosch flutted lenses. Email him and told me that "theres no right and left" and "this how we sale them". After a couple of emails he told me " just send them back" and offered me a refund.

Im already paid aduanal taxes for the flutted lenses, so if I send them back I will lose money and waste my time

Larry and Lynn: your costumer service is horrible. I´ll never buy a thing from you again.

Alex

My flutted lenses thread:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=574763&highlight=
davep67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered a Bosch 019 on Thursday, got a shipping notification on Friday and it arrived on my doorstep this morning (Saturday). Looking forward to putting it in on Monday!
Nevada51
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a Bosch 010 distributor. I am yet to put it in but it looks as it was described in the ad Paid for it on 5 April, and received it on 15 April in Australia. Good communication and a postage tracking number was provided. Very professional. I will definitely buy from Larry & Lynn again.
Cheers
Cam
bwaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought some plastic air vents, I paid top dollar and knew they were used but with the box and installation info. Got them, and found some small clips missing to hold them to the windshield. It took a long time to get a reply for them to agree to take them back, so did so at my expense. Tracking said it had arrived. Three days later, asked and told it hadn't arrived, they hadn't been to the mailbox. Waiting for a refund took too long, emailed and was told it should be there. Three days later emailed again, and was told it would be done tomorrow. In the end, never got a full refund, asked for the few dollars outstanding and told it would be mailed. It's been months and it never arrived. Customer service, fail.
cru62
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered Black Blaupunkt radio knobs. They are well made and seem to be about the same weight as originals. They were shipped quickly and even included the tiny allen wrench to install them and sleeves if necessary. The communication during the ordering and shipping process was very welcome.

Thank you, Larry, for a painless purchase.

Jokes about German sausage are the wurst.

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: