Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

TexasAircooledParts - [email protected]
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: TexasAircooledParts
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: February 25, 2024
Double G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: TexasAircooledParts - [email protected] Reply with quote

I ordered a Scat engine kit from them, it was the best price I could find. Scat didnt have the main bearings I needed. Ricardo at texas air cooled took care of it ordering me the right bearings and had them shipped separately at no extra cost. Great communication too!

Moderator note:
This person has several complaints about shipping & availability issues.
Take this into consideration before ordering and read the feedback below.
TexasAircooledParts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: Re: Texas Aircooled Parts Reply with quote

Double G wrote:
I ordered a Scat engine kit from them, it was the best price I could find. Scat didnt have the main bearings I needed. Ricardo at texas air cooled took care of it ordering me the right bearings and had them shipped separately at no extra cost. Great communication too!

Thanks for the great feedback! Let us know how it runs! Twisted Evil

Ricardo
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
fathergoose
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:53 pm    Post subject: poor shipping habits Reply with quote

Ricardo is such a smooth salesman and may be a nice guy...who knows but he has missled me more than once about shipping. He has delayed my engine build by at least two months by not shipping when he said he would, shipping partial order, not responding very quickly. Oh he is very pleasant on the phone when he does call you back, but there is always some real good reason why he didn't get the stuff shipped.

Ricardo don't bother to respond. I have a type IV to rebuild that I just got today and friend wants me to rebuild a type I for him but I will definately be getting parts somewhere else.
Thank You
Jim Hafley
TexasAircooledParts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:04 am    Post subject: Re: poor shipping habits Reply with quote

fathergoose wrote:
Ricardo is such a smooth salesman and may be a nice guy...who knows but he has missled me more than once about shipping. He has delayed my engine build by at least two months by not shipping when he said he would, shipping partial order, not responding very quickly. Oh he is very pleasant on the phone when he does call you back, but there is always some real good reason why he didn't get the stuff shipped.

Ricardo don't bother to respond. I have a type IV to rebuild that I just got today and friend wants me to rebuild a type I for him but I will definately be getting parts somewhere else.
Thank You
Jim Hafley

Thank you for the feedback Jim, wish your orders could have gone a little more smoothly Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:57 pm    Post subject: Boot kit Reply with quote

Ordered boot kit on a Friday afternoon, got here fairly fast, Knew it would not get out on the weekend but got it this week looks good. Thanks Curt
Rex lucy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas air cooled could not get my order to me and finally after filing paypal claim i got part of it. took a while to get a refund and after so much delay my customer was gone and i`m stuck with the cost of the parts.
vweds57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Texas cooler Reply with quote

I ordered and paid for a Weber carb rebuild kit back in Nov. Never got it. I compained through paypal and Ricardo disappeared from thesamba. Makes no attempt to look into it or refund and won't answer emails. Stay clear of this guy. I'll get my parts from someone honest that needs the business.

Last edited by vweds57 on Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent both of you an email about this issue.

His profile says he last visited the site today, 2/7/2011, so he should be active.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TexasAircooledParts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello All, Please PM me the details of your purchase(your paypal email address), and I will resolve the issue. Thank You, Ricardo
md1201
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Texas Air Cooled is A Fraud Reply with quote

I ordered a set of pistons, rod bearings and a throwout bearing on 02/06/12. as of 02/16/12, I have not recieved my parts. Ricardo told me that he would send them priority, however two days after I spoke with him, he then told me that the pistons had to be shipped from California and the tracking number for the rest of the order showed that he had not shipped them. After numerous calls, Ricardo does not answer. This must be a one man show and he is over his head. Im suprized he is still in business. Hopefully when im done with him, he will also be done.

Ricardo, if you are still reading this forum, my order number is #954 to show you who I am. I am not hiding from you. Lets see if you can take care of this order like you promissed.

Mike D.
md1201
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: correction Reply with quote

I apologise. Must be because im so irritated, however, Ricardo, My order # is 953. Look me up.
vweds57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: carb kit Reply with quote

Ricardo, vwed here, You have all my info. Any news on the refund we talked about last week? Three months is long enough. Just refund the money please.
TexasAircooledParts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Ed,
We refunded it Dec 21st via paypal, because it was out of stock.
Refund (Unique Transaction ID # 2KW18239NG9148901)
if you have any questions, please let me know.
Thank you,
Ricardo
TexasAircooledParts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: correction Reply with quote

md1201 wrote:
I apologise. Must be because im so irritated, however, Ricardo, My order # is 953. Look me up.

Not a problem Mike, I believe I talked with you on the phone today. I will let you know what I find out. Thank you
md1201
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not sure who you called, however your last message was that you would call me and I have not spoken to you since Feb 10th when you told me my order would be sent priority. I have had to buy the parts elsewhere since I needed the car running and have missed out on two big shows. I do need an alternator kit. If we cant come to some sort of an agrement, then I would like a refund. Please let me know. Call me or do something right for a change.

Mike.
TexasAircooledParts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

md1201 wrote:
Im not sure who you called, however your last message was that you would call me and I have not spoken to you since Feb 10th when you told me my order would be sent priority. I have had to buy the parts elsewhere since I needed the car running and have missed out on two big shows. I do need an alternator kit. If we cant come to some sort of an agrement, then I would like a refund. Please let me know. Call me or do something right for a change.

Mike.

Sure, not a problem. I'll give you a ring today. Thanks
sdgreenbaja
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I want to say about texasaircooled is against the rules here but it's that bad.
Ordered a critical part from them and waited over a week. Finally called and "Ricardo" had not even sent the part! After over a week! Where I live is 15 miles from town and I needed the part to be able to get to town to get things like FOOD, WATER, etc.
I think this person just don' give a damn about his reputation.
I for one will never, ever order anything from him and I hope you don't either. If you do... good luck.
TexasAircooledParts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdgreenbaja wrote:
What I want to say about texasaircooled is against the rules here but it's that bad.
Ordered a critical part from them and waited over a week. Finally called and "Ricardo" had not even sent the part! After over a week! Where I live is 15 miles from town and I needed the part to be able to get to town to get things like FOOD, WATER, etc.
I think this person just don' give a damn about his reputation.
I for one will never, ever order anything from him and I hope you don't either. If you do... good luck.

Sorry for the delay in shipment, like I said on the phone I have been backed up on shipping. Instead of leading you on, I was honest and let you know that it wasn't shipped. Also, refunded your money right on the spot. This has nothing to do about caring or not being responsible....
ATLKeeper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a bone to pick about the shipping too. I ordered a Torquemeister from texasaircooled.com on 2/16. I called on 2/20 to ask about when it would be shipped and was told that it would probably be that night and I'd get an email with the tracking number. I didn't receive an email. When I tried to call on 2/22 and didn't get an answer on the phone I sent an email. On 2/23 I got an email from Ricardo that simply stated the USPS tracking number. For the past 6 days everytime I put that tracking number in the USPS site I got no information so I assumed it was probably a delivery receipt and wouldn't have any information until it was delivered.

Today I put that tracking number in and it shows that the post office didn't even receive the item until yesterday 2/28! That tool was still in Houston yesterday...12 days after I ordered it.

How can you run a business like this? If business is so great that your shipping is backed up then hire some temporary help to get it shipped. I can almost promise you that if everyone's experience is the same as mine then your shipping headache will go away soon when you don't get repeat business.
sailorkh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh oh...I got a bad feeling. I ordered a Torque Dude (wish Kymco still made the Torquemeister) from him on Saturday 2/25. Called on Tuesday 2/28 to ask if it had been shipped. He was very nice over the phone and said that they were backed up on shipping, but gave me a Priority Mail upgrade and tracking number. As of tonight 2/29 the tracking number just says "info received".

I have a feeling that I'm not going to be changing out the rear seal in my bus this weekend. I hope that I'm wrong. Sad
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: