Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Importing buggy from USA to Canada?
Forum Index -> International Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:50 am    Post subject: Importing buggy from USA to Canada? Reply with quote

Never done this before so wondering if anyone has experience importing a buggy from the US to Canada. I know they are very sticky about importing kit cars. Would I be better off just bringing a body across? Currently the car has no motor and is not drivable. I'd be going down to get it myself. I know about the 48 hours notice at customs.

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

brad
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is what I have found out from talking a lot to Canada Customs and the Department of Transport.

As long as you can PROVE that the car was built at least 15 years ago and has not been majorly modified within that 15 years it is possible to import kit cars/buggies into Canada. You need a tittle stating that it was a modified car previous to 15 years before import.

At the border you must give American Customs AT LEAST 72 hours notice that you will be exporting a vehicle from the US into Canada.

You will need the vehicle registration and bill of sale for Canadian Customs and will be responsible for paying GST/HST on the purchase price. All the needed import paperwork will be completed by the Customs officer at the border at the time of import. PST will have to be paid at time of registration.

Looks like my buggy can come across Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Hope this helps someone.

brad
Northof49
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any updates on how this experience panned out?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> International All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: