Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 369, 370, 371 ... 488, 489, 490  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
awreed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Pinetops wrote:
https://bham.craigslist.org/cto/5589784367.html

On initial inspection this looks like a decent bus with wide wheels and an unfortunate paint job. But what the hell else is going on with the front clip? It's got early and late bay turn signals Shocked

Also, is that a walk thru hack between those bucket seats, or is that somehow a correct unmolested middle seat bulkhead?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Pinetops
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Haha, I didn't even notice the dual turn signals.

Yeah, that's a hacked up non-walk thorugh. They didn't make it where you can walk through easily so I don't understand why they did it.
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Pinetops wrote:
They didn't make it where you can walk through easily so I don't understand why they did it.

Just big enough to fit a nice igloo in there for the road sodas Wink

Road Soda:

An alcoholic beverage (usually beer or perhaps malt liquor) consumed inside a moving vehicle. This beverage can be consumed by passenger, driver, or both. Road sodas are illegal in most states due to open container laws. Still, they are widely enjoyed as evidenced by all the beer cans littering rural raodsides.

Let's grab a six pack before we leave, there's nowhere to stop on the way and it's a boring trip without any road sodas.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 4:10 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Nobody says that. Somebody might but nobody does.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
aerosurfer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Pinetops wrote:
https://bham.craigslist.org/cto/5589784367.html

My first thought was it looks like a life size hot wheels car

77 Westy 2.0L Rockin and Rolling Resto!

72 Sportsmobile (sold)
79 Tran$porter... Parts car money machine (gone)
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

I can hear that exhaust all the way from Oceanside.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Pinetops
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Regarding the dual turn signals: Looking at the pics again I see it is a replacement Brazilian nose by the raised emblem area. Those only come in the late style (high signals) so I guess they figured "the more the merrier". Cool
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

66311 wrote:

What? Ya'all may not say it there, but we do here. Its hella cool. Road soda, road soda! Twisted Evil

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
66311 wrote:

What? Ya'all may not say it there, but we do here. Its hella cool. Road soda, road soda! Twisted Evil

I have heard that term many, many times over the years. But not until I made my way to the Great Pacific Northwest 20-something years ago.
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
notchboy wrote:
66311 wrote:

I have heard that term many, many times over the years. But not until I made my way to the Great Pacific Northwest 20-something years ago.

My man Cool Road soda's on me next show - fo sho. Laughing

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
notchboy wrote:
66311 wrote:

You have yourself a deal. It has been too long.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 4:15 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
notchboy wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
notchboy wrote:
66311 wrote:

I was a little tongue and cheek saying that but no I hadn't heard that before. I've heard adult beverages.
Jason,
When I moved here my real estate agent actually text me " ya'll". She said that a lot, sir. Probably her phone autocorrects to that along with riff raff.
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

66311 wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
notchboy wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
notchboy wrote:
66311 wrote:

I was a little tongue and cheek saying that but no I hadn't heard that before. I've heard adult beverages.
Jason,
When I moved here my real estate agent actually text me " ya'll". She said that a lot, sir. Probably her phone autocorrects to that along with riff raff.

Y'all are invited to have a road soda too Wink Laughing

Im from San Diego. Road soda, ya'all is just slang from where Ive been.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
Squeeze Cheese
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Possible scam ad...

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/5605298743.html
streamr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

cheesecrackers75 wrote:
Possible scam ad...

I believe it is. Same photo and description here in the Midwest.
ewdb92
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

streamr wrote:
cheesecrackers75 wrote:
Possible scam ad...

I believe it is. Same photo and description here in the Midwest.

That ad, with various versions of text and pictures of that bus, has been running all over the place from the last few months. Definitely a scam.
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
66311 wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
notchboy wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
notchboy wrote:
66311 wrote:

Jason,

Y'all are invited to have a road soda too Wink Laughing

Im from San Diego. Road soda, ya'all is just slang from where Ive been.

"Road soda" is a 100% legit terminology and is often shortened to "roadie."
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
wihr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

We always called it a "road coke".

1970 Campmobile "Van Ordinaire"
2009 Lincoln Town Car "Behemoth"
1969 Lambretta 150 DL "Nina"
1962 Matchless G 12 CS 650cc
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 1:07 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Definitely heard that phrase for the first time on here. Definitely had my first Road Soda on the first road trip after hearing road soda for the first time. Road soda.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Definitely. Road. Soda. Here.

Now.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 369, 370, 371 ... 488, 489, 490  Next
Jump to:
Page 370 of 490

Jump to: