Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 66, 67, 68  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread Reply with quote

alman72 wrote:
its not even a 74. bumper/blinkers

Looks like it may have square rear upper vents, so probably 72.
khalimadeath
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
khalimadeath wrote:
70Crew wrote:
Somebody in the CA Bay area needs to jump on this before it gets squished....

http://modesto.craigslist.org/cto/5469477764.html

Its a scam just texted the person listed.

Who would bother to run a scam for $100?

piss someone off with a bunch of texts and calls.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread Reply with quote

khalimadeath wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
khalimadeath wrote:
70Crew wrote:
Somebody in the CA Bay area needs to jump on this before it gets squished....

http://modesto.craigslist.org/cto/5469477764.html

Its a scam just texted the person listed.

Who would bother to run a scam for $100?

piss someone off with a bunch of texts and calls.

So has everyone who has read this, then clicked on the ad, also flagged the ad so the guy stops getting dumped on with calls and texts?
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread Reply with quote

Last scammer I got off craigslist that gave me their # - I signed them up for re-fi quotes on the internet.

I guarantee you their shit got blown up.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kkjellquist
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread Reply with quote

http://asheville.craigslist.org/cto/5470847999.html

Turtel - http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=561195

Pisgah Bus Rally - New Year's Day
http://pisgahbusrally.blogspot.com/
khalimadeath
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread Reply with quote

Kinda good deal

https://reno.craigslist.org/cto/5486147906.html

I got my running westi in much better condition for less but prices have gone up since then.

Someone could save this one

https://reno.craigslist.org/cto/5479049845.html
BayCreamPuff
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread Reply with quote

I'm not ready for a new project quite yet, but this one has potential. Auction ends in 11 hours.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262334250409?_trksid=p2065....S2.R2.TR5

Earl Grey
'87 GoWesty 2.2 Westfalia

Marsha Mellow
'00 Eurovan VR6 Full Camper
Mike716
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread Reply with quote

I was hoping to get some pricing help. I have a 68 i got for my son with roadrunner camper pkg. he wants to take build in different direction so I'm going to sell off the components as a whole or parts. I don't know pricing on vw parts well as this will be my first time dealing with one. I want to be reasonable on price so they sell so money can go back in build every thing from camper pkg is going holiday fridge/stove combo with all parts tank regulator ect curtains shelves then the top and sliding side windows with screen frames. I'm sure I will need to answer many ? For you guys to help so fire away.

Thanks in advance for your help
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread Reply with quote

^ sell the camper as is, and buy a shell. you would prob get more $
Mike716
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread Reply with quote

I'm good with the van and I don't expect to make a fortune on any of the parts just really don't have the room to store it all. It's a good amount of work but he's 15 with nothing but time! It needs a total restore motor tranny steering ect and some patch panels but that's good because my other sons car was from Cali so he didn't get to learn how to repair panels on that 1 or deal with any rust. It will be good experience for them.And it's bought and paid for!!!
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread Reply with quote

It is really tough to give a price estimate on stuff from Other Than Westy camper conversions. Not as much market demand, so often the stuff is cheap or free at swap meets. I know I have given parts away that I felt were too good to throw out.

If I was looking at that bus full of parts, and I had a dry shell in which to install them, I would probably offer you $300-$500 for everything. But, just as you said, storage can be an issue. That limits your market to either a buyer with a waiting bus, or a big hole in their attic to fill.

That said, I feel that bus is way too complete and intact for it to be parted out. Sell it whole to someone who wants it that way and find something else that is a better blank canvas for your son.
Mike716
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread Reply with quote

Ya the problem is in ny it's hard to find something that's restorable they all blame winter driving but most cars around here end up on grass or stone and wet ground just rots them to death. I guess il maybe put a ad local and see who comes out of woodwork or let the parts ride on ebay.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread Reply with quote

Mike716 wrote:
Ya the problem is in ny it's hard to find something that's restorable they all blame winter driving but most cars around here end up on grass or stone and wet ground just rots them to death. I guess il maybe put a ad local and see who comes out of woodwork or let the parts ride on ebay.

Good idea. Try it at first, just to see what might happen before gutting the bus. You never know.

If only I were closer....
cbaucom1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
Mike716 wrote:

Good idea. Try it at first, just to see what might happen before gutting the bus. You never know.

I've had a bus with no interior in the past and I would have forked out $300-400 for that kit. It sure seems a shame to separate that vintage interior from the bus after so many decades of survival, though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
khalimadeath
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread Reply with quote

cbaucom1 wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
Mike716 wrote:

I've had a bus with no interior in the past and I would have forked out $300-400 for that kit. It sure seems a shame to separate that vintage interior from the bus after so many decades of survival, though.

I agree, it has been molested im sure, but still it doesn't look bad at all.
70Crew
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:58 am    Post subject: Re: Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread Reply with quote

This camper a/c equipment seems to be in good shape and fairly complete for the price (Greenville, SC). Never seen any reviews on how the buddy seat unit works but they certainly don't make them any more.

http://greenville.craigslist.org/pts/5477488324.html
catkingofco
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread Reply with quote

I have read on this site that the bus find you, and for me it was 100% true. I've been looking for a bay window camper for about a year now and one just fell in my lap. I was at work, cleaning up my bug when a older guy pulls up and asked me about my super. So I'm showing it off when he asks me "so you love VW's huh?" I tell him yeah of course. He then proceeds to tell me he has decided to sell his 76, that it was a hard decision to make but he is ready to move on. He describes it and I immediately know which bus he is talking about. The best part though was when he said "I'll sell it to you for only $500. I know I'm taking a huge loss but I want it to go to someone that will appreciate it and care for it." Long story short, I went to check it out on my lunch break and bought it later that evening. It was a dream come true. 76 weekender. It's in great shape for what I paid, it has a 79 2.0 FI that needs rebuilt so I look forward to working on it soon!
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
catkingofco
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread Reply with quote

View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Brian
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread Reply with quote

Damn that's a score

'69 Bug
'68 Baja Truck
'71 Bug
'68 Camper

Only losers litter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
khalimadeath
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deal on Bay Buses or parts thread Reply with quote

Nice score, get that windshield rust taken care of asap Wink
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 66, 67, 68  Next
Jump to:
Page 42 of 68

Jump to: