Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

How does your Partner feel about your VW?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: How does your wife feel about your VW? Reply with quote

My wife absolutely loves our bug. So much so we pretty much have to play rock, paper, scissors for who gets to drive it. As you can see I'm on the wrong side of the car Confused

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: How does your wife feel about your VW? Reply with quote

hmm not sure I should ask......it gives me something to think about when Im not worken on her house Shocked
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: How does your wife feel about your VW? Reply with quote

She knew shortly after we met That I was an mechanic by trade she was cool with me doing this and generally liked the fact I could fix things including her car. These photos I'll show you were taken back in mid 80s Mexico. We went back a few years ago the VWs were mostly gone replaced with newer cars.
When we were there all those years ago Vws were everywhere. The taxi from the airport was a type 2, happy times.

Last edited by Zundfolge1432 on Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: How does your wife feel about your VW? Reply with quote

hmm she broke her right wrist last saturday(dangling break). so what does she think of my bug....well she sure aint driven it. sugery next tuesday.
daisy71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: How does your wife feel about your VW? Reply with quote

No wife but my girlfriend used to like it, now she just complains that it stinks and that its too loud. They share a lot in common
alex857
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: How does your wife feel about your VW? Reply with quote

My guy has his own hobbies, thus there is his acceptance of my Beetle fever.

Apart from that, I think it is important to "integrate" our classic cars in the relationship: He just loves the trips we make in my Beetles (Norway, Italy, Alps, coast), all he needs to be satisfied are great landscapes and nice and comfortable hotels. So the Beetles bring us a lot of nice times and memories together. Why would he object then that I spend a lot of time preparing and repairing them?
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: How does your wife feel about your VW? Reply with quote

update, the wifes honda battery died...again(why do they use lawnmower batterys in these honda suv's? well off she went in my bug with the scat short throw shifter and titatinum&screws plate in her wrist of the right hand... she and the bug both survived with no issues...the honda got a new battery.
Volktales
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: How does your wife feel about your VW? Reply with quote

I owned two VW's when we met. Only one of them ran, and was near the end of its life. Seventeen years later I have 7 running VWs, and 7 more that don't. I would say my wife tolerates my hobby quite well! Very Happy She does only like riding in the buses, however... And hates driving a standard transmission...
1964 Ghia, ongoing project 2007-
1962 Beetle Beryl,original paint survivor 2012-
1970 Savannah Beige Beetle 2012-
1992 16v GTI, 100% stock 2006-
1991 "Terseo", wife's old daily 1995-
1969 Chevrolet CST/10 (family owned since new)
1965 Gold Corvair Monza 2021-
1966 and 1965 Monza 2022-
63 vwnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: How does your wife feel about your VW? Reply with quote

I've owned quite a few vw's before getting married but I'm sure she wouldn't approve of those.. however she absolutely hated my notch called it the "mister Roger's car", loved my 61 rag, and loved my 70 bay... hated the square and has a general hate for type 3's, just bought a 69 ghia that she is 100% on board with.. have yet to physically pick it up so we will see....
slave1pilot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: How does your wife feel about your VW? Reply with quote

Wednesday was our 29th wedding Anniversary.
After that many years, what woman would complain about anything that makes her husband happy?
Not only does she not complain, but she actually encourages me to work on it (it's a project car).
In fact, she bought it for me because I hadn't had one for many many years and I had been showing a great deal of interest in getting another one.
I know not everyone is as lucky as I am and I don't want to come off as bragging, just wanted to give her props.
She's really looking forward to me getting Ol' Herb up and running so she can ride around with the ragtop open in the SoCal sunshine.
The Car:

The Mrs. :

Currently:
1963 Ragtop Beetle
Previously:
1967 Beetle
1968 Beetle
1970 Beetle
Singerdude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: How does your wife feel about your VW? Reply with quote

My girlfriend loves the buggy.

I'm lucky her dad's a Mustang afficionado so she has been around cars/garages/car shows all of her youth. She gets the hobby, likes the smell of gas and oil. She also doesn't mind when I drive fast wich is a plus in my book Wink. She also is financially independant so she doesn't really puts her nose into my "hobby buget". Well, as long as I don't use the "I can't afford it" argument to get out of house improvements, nights out or vacation projects.

Back when I had a stock engine she would drive it from time to time. But she's not that comfortable driving stick (insert easy joke here). Now that it's rockin' a 2276, she hasn't yet driven it. She has seen my countless hours working on it and all the bills for parts and labor and she's too affraid to break something.

Slave1, you say you've been married 29 years so, your wife is at the very least in her late 40's/early 50's and she looks like that? She's a keeper!

Daisy71: I sure did laugh that one out loud!
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: How does your wife feel about your VW? Reply with quote

Singerdude wrote:

Slave1, you say you've been married 29 years so, your wife is at the very least in her late 40's/early 50's and she looks like that? She's a keeper!

Agreed. I had to go back and re read the part about how long they've been married. She looks like she's in her mid 30's
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: How does your wife feel about your VW? Reply with quote

She thinks it's cute and was happy for me when I got it. She even came for a drive with me. But that's it.
slave1pilot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: How does your wife feel about your VW? Reply with quote

Cali_Army_Guy wrote:
Singerdude wrote:

Agreed. I had to go back and re read the part about how long they've been married. She looks like she's in her mid 30's

I'll pass the compliments along to her.
Yes, she'll be 48 in a few months .We met in High School and Married soon after.
We did start young and it's worked out for us. We are still relatively young with all 3 kids grown and out of the house so we can actually enjoy life before old age kicks in too much Wink.

Currently:
1963 Ragtop Beetle
Previously:
1967 Beetle
1968 Beetle
1970 Beetle
BeetleBrain
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: How does your wife feel about your VW? Reply with quote

My lady loves my VW as much as I do Smile
FullFender
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: How does your wife feel about your VW? Reply with quote

As long as it doesn't start peeing on the carpet we're all good
RBear
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: How does your wife feel about your VW? Reply with quote

My wife does not mind the car...as long as I don't make her ride in it in temperatures above 80 degrees. Her just refuse to understand, in fact every time her dad has seen the car he makes some wise crack about why is it still here. But it took her about 7 years to realize that I love cars. In fact she bout me a better bug than the one I have because she simply understands. I just realized about a week ago the big factor was that my bug was bought while I was with my ex and that that car was apart of my life with her.
Mark Evans Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: How does your wife feel about your VW? Reply with quote

After having VW's for over 35 years and accumulating 20+ at one point, my wife has tolerated the hobby quite well. The easiest way to continue getting away with what I do was to buy HER a bus. She now has the '68 Riviera and loves it! So now, if I go to a swap or something I just say "we're looking for a "whatever" for your bus...
GB2S
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: How does your wife feel about your VW? Reply with quote

daisy71 wrote:
No wife but my girlfriend used to like it, now she just complains that it stinks and that its too loud. They share a lot in common

I'm going to remember this next time I am asked
About my wife. Thanks
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: How does your wife feel about your VW? Reply with quote

Singerdude wrote:

With a statement like that, he has got to repost the broken-linked picture! Wink
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Jump to:
Page 9 of 12

Jump to: