Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Share your Craigslist Scores!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
tootype2crazy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thewalrus wrote:
Early 1960's Howard Johnson's Bar Cool

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

The back story is its been in the lady's basement I brought it from off Craigslist for over 50 years. Her father got it out of a HoJo's that was being remodeling in the early 60's and they were throwing this away. He installed it in his basement of his house for the kids to play with and it's been there ever since. He passed a while ago and she inherited the house. She's selling the house now because it's too much upkeep and wanted this gone. Yesterday was first time it's seen daylight in over 50 years! It also came with 8 swivel chairs (5 pictured above) that her father attached wooden bases too because originally they were bolted into the floor.

Howard Johnson's Bar and 8 swivels chairs: $180

*WANT!**
1970 Single Cab 2.1 turbo/EFI 6 Rib, 78 front beam, vanagon backing plates on rear (project)
2001 GTI VR6 (wife's)
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Share your Craigslist Scores! Reply with quote

I got the wheels on my wifes honda element cheep,(off a acura rsx and much nicer than the element aluminum wheels) and I got my sunnen rod machine great price too.
57 Zwitter?
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: Share your Craigslist Scores! Reply with quote

I got a 2001 Eurovan GLS with title for free! Went to see it and it was nice! A few paint blemishes with rust spots but no rot holes. Wasn't running, was told it needed a fuel pump, thought, yeah right, engines probably junk, took it home. Put in a fuel pump and a muffler for 250 and started right up and runs great and tranny seems fine! In process of changing interior to a MV with bed/ table curtains etc.
minger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: Share your Craigslist Scores! Reply with quote

Yamaha TT 500. All complete. Banged up but can't beat the price: free.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: Share your Craigslist Scores! Reply with quote

awesome!! I remember a old friend back about 30 years ago that had a tt500, it had been 10 years since I had ridden but it only took 2min befor I was on one wheel at 60 mph down the highway for quite a while. what a balance those have. I think my yz would leave some marks somewhere....in more ways than one if I did that. Wink especially nowdays.
Hakka
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeviMan2001 wrote:
I gave $500 for this beaut. It didn't have a title, but after getting that all sorted out it's a sweet little driver. 1972 Saab 99E fuel injected and everything.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Huge fan of early Saabs. Right on!
visibleink
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Share your Craigslist Scores! Reply with quote

57 Zwitter? wrote:
I got a 2001 Eurovan GLS with title for free! Went to see it and it was nice! A few paint blemishes with rust spots but no rot holes. Wasn't running, was told it needed a fuel pump, thought, yeah right, engines probably junk, took it home. Put in a fuel pump and a muffler for 250 and started right up and runs great and tranny seems fine! In process of changing interior to a MV with bed/ table curtains etc.

That's a score.

<-- Helga, she slammed her dub in '53 and adjusted valves with her teeth
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22
Jump to:
Page 22 of 22

Jump to: