Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
konis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

Ok I figured it out

So here is the primer body brim said was in December

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

And so I'm not the smartest man but if in December it's striped and primed
Separated from the pan

The pan painted as shown above - which it wasnt.

And he's is driving it for personal use without permission

Then how in June can I find it looking like this
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
konis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

Sorry guys

I may have been around the samba since 2002 but I'm not so good with the posting

Here is just one example of him lying about working on my car
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
schell '59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

Guy's on topic with Everett. .lets keep it on topic of brim

Yes i do others as i am in business to make money for real deal stuff...let it go.

But i know where i came from,i own em,build em an love em.

.but if you are thinkin vws are budget minded an 70's mindset your wrong... a camaro,chevelle and even a 55 chevy can cost the same

...and know this...i never left.

People just didnt wanna take it seriously....to conpare a camaro to a vw i
Joke...i know where i came from...but resto is resto and its all the same regardless of the badge.

And btw konis..there was no months waiting...bs...and you know it...there wa a price min an expectation and never heard...if you were truly serious...you would have simply called like every one else..i DO NOT DO SIMPLE PAINT jobs ...i can send you in that direction anytime your ready....

Thats real...

..jay really...serously...i cut your last green car up with a saw sall...dont fill peopes heads thinkin im a pre madonna...your shit needs a full resto but you have 10k turn key...just stop dude..stop

...and thanks for tryin to bag me bud when i told you 15k show quality but yet your sayin i didnt acknowledge. ...real cool bud

Hows that NH thing working out

...tell the full story.bro... that i told you would be into 15k paint alone..and that you also would "trade stuff in your biz to get it done"...the two cars that were here were 30k + and freaked you out...type all you want bud,but the fact is you were not ready to blow 20k on your oval...get over it...now where you at???

see my "gallery" for more pics other than the website.
konis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:19 am    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

Tim

We're trying to make arrangements to to as many "customers" at the Stratford location at the same time to collect their parts at the same time.

Jim the land lord had been offering brim as many options that would not cost him any money to correct this situation.

Jim actually offered to absorb the company and all brim had to come do is work. Just show up and he won't do that. He was going to come up with a work schedule based upon time there or money spent and even pay brim at the end of the week.

Brim took one call yesterday. I left him one message and 2 text messages.

Jim is offering him police protection to show up and do the right thing by sorting out the cars. Another thing he can do that won't cost him any $
konis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:39 am    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

And this this is just the drama that is unfolding out of the Strafford locaton. He has a location in sommersworth, no one knows who is held hostage there.
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:25 am    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

it's just time to move on.....

so everyone take a deep breath and move forward. our #'s are posted here. all you have to do is dial. no need for the coulda woulda shoulda's....lick your wounds and move on.

I can put anyone here in touch with the hauler I use. from Ferrari's to moms priceless vase, he's your guy.

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

Moderator note:
I did some massive clean up of all the non-Brim's feedback and talking about other companies.

Note that it may not have been perfect because so much was intermixed with Brim's stuff and other companies.

Let's stay on the topic of Brim's now please.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

After the initial post last week one person was going back and forth to pick up his 2 cars. Lots of normal shuck and jiving but an appointment was made to pick up mid morning on the 12th, finally late on the 10th. Me and one other trailer were readied to go up and load the 2 cars and bring them home. The evening of the 11th the call came in to the owner and what I was told was..... Could not be there till late in the day at the earliest, Brim is working/ has money to be able to keep going. Brim then suggested to pick up next Sunday (either out of touch or being smarter than we think) Litchfield weekend.

Brim I figure your reading this.... The games are not helping your case one bit. I for one have a life and customers that I actually deliver what I promise to. I have stuff to do and when my plans are changed at the last minute I can't do what I should have done. Your record of games in the past and then playing more games and making promises you will never deliver on will not help your situation out one bit.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

the worse part is, the first one there, the first one to get the parts....so many folks have cars blown apart that I am sure many parts are intermixed...

you guys must act fast....I have a feeling the last one there will get a shell, and no parts.

clay, it sucks that you were lined up and ready to go, just to have him screw up your plans....when it affects someone who was contracted to help extract the cars, it just goes to show that his games make life miserable even for shipping....

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

What you guys are all missing is that you all have a contract with Brim to work on your cars.

When you gave Brim your cars and money to work on them, you gave him the right to posses and work at his leisure...

If you do not have a specific time frame set in writing as well as penalties stated for not meeting the time frame, there is little you can do.

You can not simply go take your car at your will. Brim has a contract with you to posses the car until he agrees to release it, most likely only by doing so with each owner agreeing to release Brim from any further obligations...

Be careful to not put Brim in a position to sue you for breech of contract.

You will need to go to court and get a judgement to get your property back.
I believe its called a replevin. Ask your attorney.

I rented a shop to a guy who did Porsche work. Same MO as this Brim guy.
ppl had to get judgements to get their cars back..in pieces no less...It was a mess to clean up and everyone lost except the guy who took ppls money

stuff like this happens all over the place every day.....

fact is, if you can't prove otherwise, He could claim you all still owe him more money for work he's done...
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

he is not a legal shop...

do I do deals on a handshake? yes...90% of the time. the other 10% is for folks who I feel are looking to try some shady shit.

I get stuff done when I say I will. it's sad to think stuff like this is going to make me use my (very aggressive) work orders. I say aggressive because they were set up by a team of automotive attorneys who have a pretty good idea what it takes.

it's sad to think the days of a handshake are over. but, the big deal to me is constant communication. I constantly update clients on a regular basis. it's only fair...

[email protected] wrote:

Jake Raby wrote:

Brian wrote:
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

And the appointment was a accepted by him to pick up the cars.

Laws may work IF he was legal and upheld his end of the "contract"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:

sure he is..

It's called a "sole proprietorship"

where he operates out of is irrelevant (that would be a zoning/occupancy issue)
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

WM971252 wrote:
And the appointment was a accepted by him to pick up the cars.

Laws may work IF he was legal and upheld his end of the "contract"

perhaps he has has time to seek legal advice on his part....

When backed into a corner, things can get very ugly..

Not sticking up for the guy at all..
But all you "victims" should seek legal advice as well.
can't stand when ppl sucker $$$ out of ppl and don't follow through with what they say they will do.
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

vwinnovator wrote:
skills@eurocarsplus wrote:

sure he is..

It's called a "sole proprietorship"

where he operates out of is irrelevant (that would be a zoning/occupancy issue)

jesus christ dude...

from NH DMV:

http://doj.nh.gov/consumer/sourcebook/auto-repairs.htm

http://des.nh.gov/organization/commissioner/p2au/sbtas/sbtap/auto-body/

Quote:
In 2009, the Small Business Technical Assistance Program (SBTAP) created an outreach initiative to help auto body/collision repair facilities comply with regulations on air emissions and management of hazardous wastes. As part of the initiative, DES offered multiple workshops through out the state and conducted over 100 site visits.

For air emissions, the focus was on the new EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants: Paint Stripping and Miscellaneous Surface Coating Operations at Area Sources - 40 CFR Part 63 Subpart HHHHHH. The deadline for existing shops to certify is March 10, 2011.

Recent DES surveys show many auto body shops are in violation of the Hazardous Waste Rules. All auto body shops are hazardous waste generators, since the shop must clean spray guns with a solvent based product. Even if using water-borne coatings, the primer and clear coat spray guns must be cleaned using solvent. The biggest concerns are failure to conduct a hazardous waste determination, illegal disposal of hazardous waste, and poor waste storage container practices. Survey results also indicate that 38 percent of auto body shops have not notified DES of their hazardous waste activity, making it difficult for DES to help the shops come into compliance, and exposing the shops to additional penalties. This is also a loss of state revenue estimating over $34,000 in notification fees and over $20,000/year in small quantity generator fees.

he has to meet EPA compliance. rest assured, he doesn't. I am a sole proprietor as well...big deal. I am also licensed in the state of Connecticut to do what I do...

the guy wasn't legal from day 1

[email protected] wrote:

Jake Raby wrote:

Brian wrote:
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:58 am    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

His business RENTS (or did) the facility where he does the work.

It is the facility that is not in compliance.
Turn the landlord in on that..if fact, someone should tell the landlord to get his shit together as all those fines will fall on him as the property owner.

the automotive industry is highly unregulated when it comes to being a "licensed" mechanic, body/paint guy...

Anybody can change another's brakes, charge whatever they can get to do so, and that is a business transaction. no license required. no penalty for doing so if "caught"

plumbing?electricity?medicine? those are regulated and require individual licensing.
change out a 200amp panel for someone else, or do a kidney transplant without being licensed, get caught and see what happens...

Fact is, this Brim guy is going to skate clean for all he's taken and will take.

I'm only stating that those who are going to retrieve their cars/property should do so through proper channels so they do not find themselves in the hot seat.
iamdonquixote
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

have any cars been retrieved? any reports on the status of cars/operation ?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
konis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

WEll......

if anyone still cares about this piece of garbage

he was pretty much given a month to do what was right, given many options to many things that did not cost him a DIME. For a month he has given his landlord and his customers countless excuses. One after the next. I tried to get something from the money I spent but the white flag is waving high. I have already made one call to the Somersworth PD and he was given today as a deadline to get back in the shop and work to prevent any further actions. Well from me at least, I cant say what they told me, at least not on a recorded line, you can private message me for that.

Well today he texted me and just by chance he got into a accident that is preventing him from making an appearance, who would have figured, what are the chances - a mechanics car breaking down and a mechanic that cant fix it especially if it means calls to the Police Department about his crooked operations.

Sooooooo

If anyone else would like to get involved in the public beating of this piņata I suggest you contact either the Sommersworth Pd, the Stratford Pd, Jim mentioned above. Individually they may say its civil, but if we all file our reports , A Little Birdy Told me it stands a better chance of getting passed through to the distric Attorney and be considered Criminal. How much is true, I done know but typing a report is free for me and will make me feel better. My call goes in tomorrow and my report Planned by August 1.

Ask for Officer Capmpbell in Sommersworth.

I done care if brim reads this and gets a heads up, your a looser.

As far as I know no cars have moved, jim who holds my car has been great to me, only issue is brim will NOT tell me where my 2085cc engine is. Crook Probably sold it. Has anyone bought one from him lately?
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

konis wrote:
brim will NOT tell me where my 2085cc engine is. Crook Probably sold it. Has anyone bought one from him lately?

don't know if it was yours or not, but he was trying to sell an engine the day of/before Litchfield bug in. 2 people told me he contacted them to see if they wanted this engine.

if it wasn't yours, it was someone else's

[email protected] wrote:

Jake Raby wrote:

Brian wrote:
konis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

If anyone is looking to beat the piņata .

The Number for the Strafford Police is
603-664-7462
ask for sergeant Randy Young

he could not stress enough strength in numbers. Me you , someone you know, who got screwed by brim, don't let him get away with it any more

There is blood in the water

And thank you for the heads up on the engine. I also had a gentleman in Portland contact me concerning brim trying to sell an engine. Still its missing.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Jump to:
Page 8 of 14

Jump to: