Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Motorcycle Fest
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
wedv907
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Motorcycle Fest Reply with quote

where do i upload motorcycle photos to share in this forum?there was no category for non vw images.thanks jeff
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Motorcycle Fest Reply with quote

wedv907 wrote:
where do i upload motorcycle photos to share in this forum?there was no category for non vw images.thanks jeff

photobucket or something similar.
wedv907
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Motorcycle Fest Reply with quote

thankyou.the guzzi pics earlier in this thread inspired me to pull mine out of its 18yr slumber and wanted to share some pics with others.will look into photo bucket.thanks again .jeff
2weel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Motorcycle Fest Reply with quote

Well I guess were feeling the FUN!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

This bike (Butterfield) Won "Best Special Construction" at The VW CLassic 2016 aka "The Worlds Largest VW Car Show"

I had to start it about 30 times that day as many wanted to see me kick start a VW Motor to LIFE!

Great Show! Haven't been in 10 to 12 years. Well Run, Good Music, Super VW People, GOOD TIMES!
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Motorcycle Fest Reply with quote

I see Rider magazine retrospective article hanging from the handlebar. It is the first part of Rider that I turn to when the mag hits the mailbox. Been reading for a few decades now, but I must have missed that issue. Can you tell me when it was published?
2weel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Motorcycle Fest Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
I see Rider magazine retrospective article hanging from the handlebar. It is the first part of Rider that I turn to when the mag hits the mailbox. Been reading for a few decades now, but I must have missed that issue. Can you tell me when it was published?

The Butterfield was in the Feb. 2004 Rider Magazine. Clement Salvadori did that one also. Hard to believe that was 12 plus years ago. Butterfield looked different then tho.

The Amazonas was June 2015 Rider Magazine by Clement again.

I am a big fan of his writing's even prior to him doing my bikes. His book
"No Thru Road" was a Fantastic read. On top of that he is very accomplished dude. Dedicated Motorcyclist is an understatement.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Motorcycle Fest Reply with quote

2weel wrote:
cdennisg wrote:

The Butterfield was in the Feb. 2004 Rider Magazine. Clement Salvadori did that one also. Hard to believe that was 12 plus years ago. Butterfield looked different then tho.

The Amazonas was June 2015 Rider Magazine by Clement again.

I am a big fan of his writing's even prior to him doing my bikes. His book
"No Thru Road" was a Fantastic read. On top of that he is very accomplished dude. Dedicated Motorcyclist is an understatement.

I agree, he is a wonderful writer and an accomplished motorcyclist. I did see the Amazonas article, but I missed the Butterfield. Time to dig through some back issues.
2weel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: Motorcycle Fest Reply with quote

As a side note about the Classic.

It was interesting to see who liked what? Not a scientific poll, just seemed to follow a pattern

When I asked if people if they rode or have ridden motorcycles would be an indicator of which bike they liked the most.

If they said No, don't ride or very little, they liked the Willis 4's sidecar.

If they rode or have time under their belt, they liked the Butterfield and Amazonas about the same. And all motorcyclist seem to share the cool thought on the sidecar rig. Of course they are all VW car guy's.

I think the thought process of those who don't ride thought the sidecar is cute and safe and Vee Dubuee

OK my Dos Centavo's
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: Motorcycle Fest Reply with quote

Ive got an extra dirtbike frame...hmmm 2387 in a dirtbike sure wood bee funn
&Dan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: Motorcycle Fest Reply with quote

Yes.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Motorcycle Fest Reply with quote

yummy!
Red Fau Veh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Motorcycle Fest Reply with quote

That looks cool as hell, it might not handle very well though, or would it? I had a custom bike in the garage that I built in 07 and I never ride it. The other day the electric meter reader comes by and he says to me, "Hey I saw a bumper sticker on your rockcrawler talking about a bike" and I'm like yea, so? He says he is really into them so I took him in the garage and he fell in love with it. So I sold it to him, he loves it and is actually riding it, I'm glad. Cool
1961 Swivel Seat camper, L345 grey
Touch Nicks Thing wrote:
Swivel Seat panels are for people with no friends Crying or Very sad
Red Fau Veh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Motorcycle Fest Reply with quote

Did you guys ever see this pic? Laughing

1961 Swivel Seat camper, L345 grey
Touch Nicks Thing wrote:
Swivel Seat panels are for people with no friends Crying or Very sad
sixfootdan
Samba Smartass

Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sixfootdan wrote:
So i'm eventually moving in with my girlfriend And will loose my detached 3 car shop for a 2 car attached garage. Crying or Very sad I have 4 vehicles and 2 motorcycles. So I traded my '56 GMC to my Dad for his '59 Harley. Pretty ugly but i'm excited about it.

So I posted that in Dec of 2013 and now finally last weekend we made the trade. My Brother, Nephew, and my Dad headed up from Co. Springs CO. with the bike and I rented a trailer and drug the GMC down from WA. state to McMinville OR. We all wanted to see the Spruce Goose and that's how we came up with a meeting point. The museum was awesome and I highly recommend going.

All loaded up and heading for Oregon.

My Dad really wanted a picture of him on the bike between the two trucks lol.

My Brother and I with the GMC.

Spruce Goose.

SR71 Blackbird.

All in all a great trip, Wish I had time to do stuff like that more often. Cool

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: Motorcycle Fest Reply with quote

The Spruce Goose is an amazing sight to see, but the ability to stand under and lay hands on the SR-71 was one of the best experiences of my adult life.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: Motorcycle Fest Reply with quote

OK. So I recently bought a few old Hondas for some winter time fun in the shop. Somewhere (I thought it was in this thread) I read about JIS screwdrivers. Specifically, Japanese standard Phillips screwdrivers that are slightly different from what we are used to here.

I want to buy a set. Not looking for the cheapest, but price does count in the equation. I want to know what you guys are using and where you got them. I have found some online that seem OK. I just want to hear from the group about options and opinions.

I found these... https://www.amazon.com/Hozan-JIS-4-JIS-Screwdriver-3rd/dp/B00A7WAHTU
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: Motorcycle Fest Reply with quote

Another look at the difference in JIS.

cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: Motorcycle Fest Reply with quote

WOW. Nobody knows of JIS screwdrivers? OR are you guys just scared of me? Laughing
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: Motorcycle Fest Reply with quote

I'm not scared of you clothed, but I am just the guy who finds these "dull" screwdrivers at estate sales and thinks nothing of them being different. I just know they work better on some heads and share space in the Phillips drawer. You taught me something- and not in the ordinary page 81 Kamasutra way.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Motorcycle Fest Reply with quote

hitest wrote:
I'm not scared of you clothed, but I am just the guy who finds these "dull" screwdrivers at estate sales and thinks nothing of them being different. I just know they work better on some heads and share space in the Phillips drawer. You taught me something- and not in the ordinary page 81 Kamasutra way.

My lack of encyclopedic knowledge of the kombi sutra clouds my recollection of page 81. Is that the one about screwdrivers?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Jump to:
Page 18 of 22

Jump to: