Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

(nerd alert) anyone have a 3D Vanagon model?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrBuelterman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: (nerd alert) anyone have a 3D Vanagon model? Reply with quote

Here is a great and easy photoscan to 3d model
Just take a few pics (200 maybe?) of your van
https://memento.autodesk.com/about
Here is a quick video of the process
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axi4AYWXWTs
outcaststudios
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: (nerd alert) anyone have a 3D Vanagon model? Reply with quote

o.p- the amount of time it would take to FULLY model a CAD/3d model is insanely expensive to do. the time in modeling just the engine alone is probably somewhere in the 50-60 hours range.i could do a 3d model of this for sure,but the time is really involved and the details are incredible to process. if you just want a scan of the outside shape of the van that's another matter. you could probably build your own 3d scanner from a camera and try shooting a full sized (white) van with it?
(rip)three type III"s
(rip) '81 vanagon
a bunch of french stuff,and 9 motorcycles.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2573791
Bassyaks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: (nerd alert) anyone have a 3D Vanagon model? Reply with quote

I know this isn't what your looking for but these are cool
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

austinindian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: (nerd alert) anyone have a 3D Vanagon model? Reply with quote

Perhaps this was posted before, but the nicest one I have found is on a website called turbosquid. Not bad for $35 USD. I use a program called cinema 4d so I'll need to figure out if this 3d model is compatible. Huge error on the year. The 1980 model is aircooled and this model is not. Blasphemous.

http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/1980-vanagon-version-3d-max/476167
BlueNorthWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: (nerd alert) anyone have a 3D Vanagon model? Reply with quote

I just found this one for $129. Looks very close.
I really like the colour.

https://www.creativecrash.com/3d-model/volkswagen-t3-van-1979-1988-3d-model

Here's another one for $75.

http://humster3d.com/2016/03/02/volkswagen-transporter-t3-passenger-van-high-roof-1980/

Build thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=610481&highlight=
brodyjdavis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: (nerd alert) anyone have a 3D Vanagon model? Reply with quote

Might not be what you're looking for but heres a fun model I made in Cinema 4D. Im currently modeling out the interior in a similar style. Its based off my '84 Westy.

https://vimeo.com/141484406

Anyone interested in seeing their van in this style? PM me!
BlueNorthWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: (nerd alert) anyone have a 3D Vanagon model? Reply with quote

brodyjdavis wrote:
Might not be what you're looking for but heres a fun model I made in Cinema 4D. Im currently modeling out the interior in a similar style. Its based off my '84 Westy.
https://vimeo.com/141484406

That's the cutest thing ever.

Build thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=610481&highlight=
brodyjdavis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: (nerd alert) anyone have a 3D Vanagon model? Reply with quote

Thanks! Been putting off working on it for a while, this thread might just get me back to modeling that interior and getting it looking good. inside and out.
sped372
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: (nerd alert) anyone have a 3D Vanagon model? Reply with quote

I do a fair amount of surface modeling at work and I've always wanted to 'make' a vehicle so I took a crack at it; pretty happy with the results. Still want to add a few more details. Fun little side project. I used the front/side/back view blueprints in the tech library here so I know the proportions are correct.

davlance01
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: (nerd alert) anyone have a 3D Vanagon model? Reply with quote

Looks really good. Are you going to post a link to the file anytime soon?
mterpstra
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: (nerd alert) anyone have a 3D Vanagon model? Reply with quote

that looks sweet!
I was hoping to get one of these into some concept art I'm doing outside of work. I have access to Maya...if you release an .obj or .fbx I'd love to play around with it!
nilloc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: (nerd alert) anyone have a 3D Vanagon model? Reply with quote

Finally tracked down a 1990s style 3D model that looked really good in previews, but I can't justify spending a new set of polymer bushings for the lower control arms and (maybe if I can find a good deal a transaxle mount) on a 3D model I'm only gonna mess with for fun.

Maybe someday after the respray.

https://squir.com/vehicles/33345-volkswagen-t3-limited-last-edition-2002.html

Here's what I've managed to complete on rainy days:

llilibel03
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: (nerd alert) anyone have a 3D Vanagon model? Reply with quote

No. But I found this-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ironic.Sobriquet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: (nerd alert) anyone have a 3D Vanagon model? Reply with quote

I don't mean to be necroing a super old thread, but I'm wondering if anyone has a model for a t25/3 doublecab? Interior and exterior. It's non-commercial, just planning out home shop fabrication.
All I have right now are incomplete blueprints (driver side and Top)... even if someone had complete blueprints with measurements, I could model it myself.
If you have blueprints of the engine compartment too, that would be incredible...

In the meantime I'll keep searching the googlebox...
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: (nerd alert) anyone have a 3D Vanagon model? Reply with quote

Thanks for resurrecting the Vanagon 3D threads. Rather than post the same question in multiple threads brought from the dead, you may consider posting in one and linking to other relevant threads your find in your post to prevent answers being distributed among multiple threads (soon we may have the same conversation going on in multiple threads).

Regardless, the mods know best...

Good luck on finding the model.

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
Ironic.Sobriquet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: (nerd alert) anyone have a 3D Vanagon model? Reply with quote

fair point Embarassed
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: