Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Things your van did recently
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 87, 88, 89  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

ToyHighlander took a knock to the front yesterday going over a chunk of icy/snow and began bleeding (I think the transmission oil cooler line took the brunt of the blow). I hand't noticed it was leaking until this morning when I went to the garage and there was a trail of something red in the snow. I didn't have time to take it to the fixer-wallet-pincer-shop on my way to work, so I took Flossie instead! That-a-Girl!!!!

BTW, anyone know this old Girl? From somewhere in the Carolina's for two decades. POs deceased, this was acquired form the estate sale, then brought to me Smile

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

Had a very good weekend with Flossie Wink

She took me to Minneapolis and back, ~3 hour haul each way.
Managed to get 16.49 MPG mostly hovering around 65 MPH.
Got these rims by waiting the seller out for 3 weeks. Had been asking $300, I got them for half. Next to save up for the hardware from Christopher @ T3t's, and by the way, thanks Christopher for helping me find the "easy button"

Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

The kids and I hopped in the van for a trip up to grandmother's house and lunch. I rarely take the van out of town anymore, but we all felt that listening to a 4000 rpm drone for a half hour each way was revitalizing. I'm not sure what was going on south of here on sunday, but we passed like four or five tricked out vans heading north between Oly and Tacoma. Must've been some kind of secret society rainbow gathering or something

'89 Bluestar ALH w/12mm Waldo pump, PP764 and GT2052
'01 Weekender --> full camper
y u rune klassik?
Ollie W
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

Well, what I did is got back in the VW game! I sold my 61 VW Dual Cab a few years back. But this is what I bought on Monday.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

Ollie W wrote:
Well, what I did is got back in the VW game! I sold my 61 VW Dual Cab a few years back. But this is what I bought on Monday.

Congrats! Love that model/color combo.

'86 NAHT Vanagon GL Syncro/ supercharged ABA 2.0 "Pigpen"
'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

"get metaphysical with it. if it's simply a means to get to and from places, it will let you down. if it becomes your zen, it can't fail you." -dabaron

"Still, it's good to be afield."--VWagabond

Available Now! Vanagon to Louisiana--A Two-Lane Reckoning Through Past and Present

www.josephtrussell.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Yondermtn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

bobbyblack wrote:

Looks like Carlson Stadium in the background. Cool. Razz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

Yondermtn wrote:
Looks like Carlson Stadium in the background. Cool. Razz

Indeed! It IS
Yondermtn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

I graduated in 2001.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

Yondermtn wrote:
I graduated in 2001.

Nice! Im an '89er myself, and now I work in IT
sanchius Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:49 am    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

Reawoken from its winter sleep.
Refreshed the neg battery cable lead and it started right up.

We putted up to the nearby airport to check out the F-18 that had stopped in to gas up.
Then it was off to my favorite overlook to nap^H^H^Hread for a bit while Tunes moused in the tall prairie grass.

It's so nice to have it back on the road and I'm looking forward to a fun spring/summer.
But it looks like I need to start reading that seam rust repair thread

Storms a'comin...

Last edited by sanchius on Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
DenverB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

Office moving day. Stuffed inside is one complete sleeper couch, enough camping equipment for seven bands, cookstoves and linens
'84 Vanagon Westfalia (Pink Flamingo - Pastel White/Pink)
'88 Vanagon GL Westfalia (Frankie Says - Wolfram Gray)
'02 Eurovan Weekender (Green Apple)
'95-'03 Eurovan full campers and weekenders (rental fleet)
'84 -'91 Vanagon full campers and weekenders (rental fleet)
'72 Porsche 914 (Greta - RIP)

www.RockyMountainCampervans.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

Went to the Highlands for lunch then an ice cream run.

And of course, I can never forgo the opportunity to take a photo.

There was an '87 Wolsburg in that neighborhood in pretty good shape; it had an interesting badge:

'86 NAHT Vanagon GL Syncro/ supercharged ABA 2.0 "Pigpen"
'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

"get metaphysical with it. if it's simply a means to get to and from places, it will let you down. if it becomes your zen, it can't fail you." -dabaron

"Still, it's good to be afield."--VWagabond

Available Now! Vanagon to Louisiana--A Two-Lane Reckoning Through Past and Present

www.josephtrussell.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sanchius Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

Went for an early morning donut run and stopped at the park on the way back to walk the dog.
That's Long's Peak in the distance.

sanchius Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:44 am    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

It had been a long, intense week at work and Saturday dawned beautiful and still, after a wet spring snowstorm the day before.

With the morning chores completed and everyone else off on their own adventures, Tuna and I hopped in the Syncro to enjoy the day.

First, we headed in towards Boulder on my favorite back road...

...and secured a great parking spot at Chautauqua Park, from which we went hiking through the fresh powder snow in the meadows below the Flatirons.

It was perfect Husky weather with Tuna playing snow-porpoise though the deep powder at full speed or doing the coyote listen, stalk & pounce whenever she heard a field mouse under the snow.

Then, all tuckered out, we returned to the Van to fire up a network connection and submit that abstract I hadn't gotten to on Friday.

With work taken care of, I could relax in the back with the Z-bed deployed, enjoying the immense amount of space gained from ditching all the back cabinets, listening to music and reading/napping while the sun warmed the side of the van and Tuna snored beside me.

A couple hours later, refreshed, we headed back east to meet the kids and their friends at what has become one of our favorite local microbreweries, Odd13 in Lafayette.

It was some great conversation over great beers, soaking up the warmth of the bright spring sun on the back patio, followed by many rounds of high-speed cut-throat Foosball, with the young-uns giving the old-man a serious run for his money.

We wrapped up the day back at the house, whipping up a batch of green-chile chipotle chicken enchiladas and playing the fun Settlers of Catan board game in front of the fire.

All in all, it was a very nice and relaxing Saturday
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

Took my newly Bostig powered van to Canada for a quick camping trip. The Ultragauge said 20 mpg over 400 miles. I love the Bostig, the van cruises in 4th from 50 - 80 mph and easily hangs in the fast lane. It's much more drivable and enjoyable. Yay!!!

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

First camping trip of 2016 overnight. Easter baskets by a lake.
pnw_ski_vanagoneer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

Took the van to one of the local mountain bike areas.

91 Tornado Red Carat
sanchius Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

Back in town for a day, took it into work on a beautiful Sunday morning to stretch its legs, pump up the lifters and keep everything lubed and ready for the upcoming camping season.

Reviews all completed. Heading back home again in the evening.

Last edited by sanchius on Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:16 am; edited 1 time in total
pnw_ski_vanagoneer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

And then a day at the mountain, all in all an excellent weekend.

91 Tornado Red Carat
Satch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: Things your van did recently Reply with quote

Spring Break Camping at San Clemente State Beach...

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 87, 88, 89  Next
Jump to:
Page 47 of 89

Jump to: