Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

912E air flow meter needed. Help!!
Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Box on Wheels
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: 912E air flow meter needed. Help!! Reply with quote

I need a good working air flow meter for a 1976 912E. Does anyone know where I can locate one? The junk yards around here do not have one. PN# 923-606-111-00 is discontinued and no Porsche dealer in the United States has one. It looks like a late model bus one would work. Has anyone tried one from a late 70's bus? Thank you.
67 Titian Red SO-42 Pop-Top walk-thru Westfalia
64 Safari Beige Sunroof Notchback
97 993 S Coupe
97 993 Cabriolet
04 996 C4S Coupe

God, guts, and guns made America great!
Live free or Die
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tristar Eric
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it a 6 pin or a 7 pin airbox?

I have a few of each.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cardoneauto
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: 912E air flow meter needed. Help!! Reply with quote

Tristar Eric...we are in need of an Air Flow Meter also for '76 Porsche 912E. Do you still have anything available?
Tristar Eric
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:11 pm    Post subject: Re: 912E air flow meter needed. Help!! Reply with quote

I'll check, but you need to tell me how many pins are in the plug.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
PowLo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:30 am    Post subject: Re: 912E air flow meter needed. Help!! Reply with quote

Box on Wheels wrote:
I need a good working air flow meter for a 1976 912E. Does anyone know where I can locate one? The junk yards around here do not have one. PN# 923-606-111-00 is discontinued and no Porsche dealer in the United States has one. It looks like a late model bus one would work. Has anyone tried one from a late 70's bus? Thank you.

Hey BoW, if you're still looking then you might have some luck searching for what you need in the Bosal parts section here - http://car-part-suppliers.mister-auto.co.uk/en/bosal_e041/

Or use the search function to see if they cater specifically for your 912E. This site can throw up suprises now and then so it's worth a shot if none of the ladies and gents here can help you out.

Good luck !
Alan Brase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:59 pm    Post subject: Re: 912E air flow meter needed. Help!! Reply with quote

Many years ago I was on a similar search. I ended up calling a Bosch service center, I think in the midwest, USA. I explaned my problem to the man, he says hold on a minute, and he is talkig to another guy, both in German. Their reply:
It is nearly the same as a Porsche 914 1.8. that would be the AFC model, 1974-75. The 912E has something (he gave me the German word) that amounts to air damping to keep fluttering down somewhat. Don't know how they accomplished that. but my contact said the 1.8 would be a good replacement. That will be a 6 pin, but I maybe different from a 1.8 bus.
What is important is that the resistances are in range.
Al
To New owners: 1969 doublecab, 1971 Dormobile
Vanagons:
80 P27 Westy JUL 1979, 3rd oldest known US
83 1.6TD Vanagon, 87 Wolfie Westy daily driver, swap meet home
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: