Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Antonio Brinkley - [email protected]
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Antonio
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: December 31, 2023
splitsville1951
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Antonio Brinkley - [email protected] Reply with quote

Heads up everybody. I paid through paypal for an as advertised “fully restored” batwing steering wheel from Antonio Brinkley AKA [email protected] . After several inquires from me he said he shipped it on Thursday 7/12/07, a week after my paypal cleared, which is totally acceptable. My concern is that I received an email TODAY in my other email box (separate from my paypal) that Antonio sent me. He indicated today, 7/14/07 that the steering wheel is still for sale and instructed me to pay through paypal (adding 3% for fees as he did when I purchased it on 6/29/07). Sounds fishy to me. Has anyone else purchased this steering wheel? Antonio has zero feedback on the Samba so I am hoping it is an email delivery date error. He has not yet responded to me pointing out to him that indeed it was myself through my other email that already purchased and paid via paypal. Hopefully I am worrying over nothing. I will post follow up when and if I received the wheel.
splitsville1951
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Antonio got back to me and after hearing what he had to say I am not worried any more. He also provided a tracking #. I will follow up with positive feedback once I receive the wheel.
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a Hurst front bumper from Antonio a few years back and the deal went smooth.
splitsville1951
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wheel came as promised and as described. Excellent condition. Antonio is an awesome seller and I will buy more from him in the future. My apologies to Antonio for my over active paranoya!!
Primo Beer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:28 am    Post subject: chromed wide five sprint stars Reply with quote

Aloha Antonio, Chromed wide five Sprint Stars are BEAUTIFUL Wink Just as promised
ConcreteAce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a set of fuchs from Antonio. transaction went smooth and item was as stated in the ad. top notch seller

'51 Deluxe
'61 Build
'68 Turbo Diesel Baja
'64 Ghia Vert
'61 Baja Build
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
56TIMOTEO
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought a rare window from Antonio, very smooth transaction! No BS, fast transaction, good price, nice packing and shipping. Hope to do business again soon, Tim.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jer*Fab
Samba Welder Dude

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent service. A+ seller.

Also Narrowed Bug and Bus Beams!

Follow us on FaceBook and Click the "Like" Button or Instagram
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Eric, Paris
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know if he s still in business? I bought something from him and I m trying to get in touch with him.
Many thanx
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has no ads but I can see he used the site today.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bones_99
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:20 am    Post subject: 63 Bug Purchase Reply with quote

Just wanted to leave some feedback. I purchased a 63 bug from Antonio. I live in Ohio so I bought the bug sight unseen. Everything was as described! Antonio was great to work with and would not hesitate to buy anything from him. The deal went very smooth!

Thank you Again Antonio. Seller recommended!
Bugganeers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:52 pm    Post subject: Antonio Reply with quote

I bought 3 Busses plus parts from Antonio. I am from germany and I can say everything with him works fine...he is 100% trustfull.
VbugmanW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:52 pm    Post subject: Walk through seats Reply with quote

Antonio is great to work with. He communicated clearly and in a timely manner. I bought a set of walk-through bus seats from him. He shipped them out quickly and provided tracking information. I would definitely buy from him again.

Thanks Antonio!
this_n_that_1972
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 2:55 am    Post subject: Re: [email protected] - Antonio Brinkley Reply with quote

Bought a 1958 PGSG bus from him described as no bondo;the nose and cab floor were made of fibre glass.Also paid for a set of 4 wheels which never arrived.Phoned him when i was in the States 2009 and he laughed at me!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bruce Amacker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:37 am    Post subject: Re: Antonio Brinkley - [email protected] Reply with quote

I purchased a front beam assembly and it was in better condition than I expected, well wrapped and shipped promptly. Antonio was excellent to deal with and I am very happy. Thank You!
'66- http://www.leakoil.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2888&sid=54d8dedfb3822f99c7f2ea430cb4e856
'65- http://leakoil.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4263
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
philoo68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: Antonio Brinkley - [email protected] Reply with quote

I have just bought a 63’ Camper from Antonio and it turned out to be a nightmare.
I am located in France and thus had to buy the bus sight unseen. Prior to the wire transfer I cleared all the most common questions :

1. Clear title ? Antonio said YES (as we can expect when buying a restored bus)

2. Bus complete and good running condition ? Antonio said Yes, only the deck lid prop is missing, we’ve painted it and haven’t found it yet. But you’ll get it. And yes everything is working fine like it should, no issue at all.

3. ID, M-Code and Stamp with chassis No. and matching the title ? he said YES, every ID in every location. I got a photo of the M plate.

4. The add stated a nice paint job, not perfect but highly presentable. He said only a very slight orange peel on a small area, that’s it.

5. minor metal work done correctly and all electrical done as well, by specialized shops. These works are fully documented.

Reading the mostly positive feedbacks about the seller, I made immediately the wire transfer, so that my shipper could pick the bus up.
When the bus arrived to my shipper, the title was missing. Antonio replied us that the bus has no title, just a New Hampshire registration (by the way it was supposed to come from north Colorado, ie from a dry climate, not from the east coast). Antonio said us that we don’t need any title to export a bus, now kidding us more and more in a rough and cynical manner. After some discussions with Antonio, he made the title for us, but asked me to pay the fees otherwise he won’t send it ! I paid immediatly. When waiting for the title to come the bus was stored by the shipper who charged 125$/month, it took 3 months to obtain the title from Antonio.

My shipper, who is in aircooled cars specialized and himself owner of a splitty, took some photos for me and described me the bus like it really is :

All ID and plates in every location ? ID Plate in engine bay area missing.
minor metal work done correctly : the battery tray has been put over the old rusty one, and simply riveted on it. The same for the cargo floors. Front floor is new but not adjusted, you can’t even push the pedals to the bottom, they get stuck in the floor. Several serious hits in the undercarriage, even in the engine bay area.
Very presentable paint job : Very odd paint job indeed. Orange peel everywhere with huge paint-run and an attempt to polish them, but making scratches instead. An amateur job.
All Electrical done : The bus doesn’t even start with the ignition switch. You can only start by jumping the wires. The flashers don’t work.The wiper motor lays under a seat in the cargo area.
The bus doesn’t lock, no key. Just one for the ignition switch which doesn’t operate.
Too much play in the steering.
2 Rims with deep dents. Cracked old tires with no tread anymore. All 4 hubcaps with rust and dents.
Antonio took the side step away and is currently selling it separately. it was supposed to stay on the bus as we discussed the deal.
You’ll get the deck lid prop. It is missing.
Fully documented : nothing at all !
No roof panels. Door panels have been painted over (very badly).

This list is unfortunately to be continued because the shipper couldn’t drive it. I don’t expect anything good when I will have the bus. Antonio ripped me off, he’s definitively not a man of words. We always kept gentle and kind manner with him even when he was kidding us. Avoid him. I completely agree with the previous feedback from this_n_that_1972.
Gray Oval Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Antonio Brinkley - [email protected] Reply with quote

I bought a new wiring harness from Antonio. A smooth, happy transaction.
cheers - Gary
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: