Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW body shops/ paint near San Francisco, CA
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
SplitBusChick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 11:06 pm    Post subject: VW body shops/ paint near San Francisco, CA Reply with quote

i live in san fransisco and am looking to fix the body/paint my bus. theres very little to do to smooth the body (mainly dings and dents, but only about 5 to speak of) there is almost no rust (probobly about 3 square inches on the whole body) and am wondering a few things...first, are there any body shops that are vw-freindly, as in they specialize or happen to know alot about vw bodies, how to fix them to specs and so on...do they charge more or less than other body shops? i have about 1200-1300 to spend...how much will this get me?
-SplitBusChick
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Scooter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 8:21 am    Post subject: vw body shops/ paint Reply with quote

I live in San Jose so I need to know too.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
clusterluck12
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: vw body shops/ paint Reply with quote

I am looking also. I need rust repair and paint.

Maaco was a bust, Skinner put me off because my van isn't 1967 or prior, Laverne's - same story, KombiHaus had a year long wait list, Bula put me off after several calls... etc.

Has ANYONE had successful paint/body work done in the bay area and if so, can you pass those sources on to us?

Much appreciated!
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: vw body shops/ paint Reply with quote

Ya know, if the title of your post said "looking for VW body/paint shops in San Francisco" would probably work better. I opened it because I just started offering body work at my shop and was looking for some insights....A good post title really helps get good responses.....Just sayin......
"John's car" 64 VW woodie - The first ever
Maxine 61 Cal-look bug - Cindy's daily driver.
Max - 73 standard Beetle hearse project - For sale
66 bug project - Real patina & Suby conversion
There's more, but not keeping them...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
danilo209
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: VW body shops/ paint near San Francisco, CA Reply with quote

if you dont mind driving to stockton, i Know a few people that do excellent work.
1967 Ruby Red Bug
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Facebook Instagram Classifieds Feedback
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: VW body shops/ paint near San Francisco, CA Reply with quote

Most Fab shops and street rod shops will do panel replacement. Most likely better and faster then a body shop. Then take it to a body shop to finish off teh body work.

Stacy
Samba member # 14980
Call anytime number 650 722 4914 .
Keep Your van running and upkept tastefully for the love of the hobby.
Don't let your van end up in an "abortions" thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
63 vwnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: VW body shops/ paint near San Francisco, CA Reply with quote

I only opened the thread to see what became of 6 whole posts since 2003... Rolling Eyes
Breadbox71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:23 pm    Post subject: Re: VW body shops/ paint near San Francisco, CA Reply with quote

danilo209 wrote:
if you dont mind driving to stockton, i Know a few people that do excellent work.

could you suggest the people in Stockton?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: