Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Example of Overpriced Ghias & Ghia Parts
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 86, 87, 88  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Example of Overpriced Ghias & Ghia Parts Reply with quote

So how do I buy this Ghia?

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1927802

I am NOT allowed to ask, how much! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Example of Overpriced Ghias & Ghia Parts Reply with quote

ALLWAGONS wrote:
So how do I buy this Ghia?

I am NOT allowed to ask, how much! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

It was $8K but he got a lot of emails so I guess he thought that was too low.

Usually with these sorts of people I email and say "I'm a serious buyer and don't want to waste anyone's time, let me know when you come up with a price and I will tell you yes or no immediately."
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
swavananda
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 11:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Example of Overpriced Ghias & Ghia Parts Reply with quote

thruhiker74 wrote:
PeteSC wrote:
Just to clarify...I suppose with those dash vent control knobs it could be early '57 too FWIW. I don't know when exactly the change to the vent levers went into effect but thought most '57's had them.

I'm not in the market but I would be curious is it really is a '56/early '57 misidentified as a '61 (or sitting on a '61 pan/title) or clipped, etc..

Tail lights really look '60-'69 so I'm guessing it's a grafted front. I wonder what the VIN tag in the front says though.

Well at least they are not trying to sell it as one of those rare Zwitter Ghias.......
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 12:06 am    Post subject: Re: Example of Overpriced Ghias & Ghia Parts Reply with quote

swavananda wrote:
Well at least they are not trying to sell it as one of those rare Zwitter Ghias.......

I shuddered when I read that...let's not go there...ever again. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Randall
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Example of Overpriced Ghias & Ghia Parts Reply with quote

It's a "Patina custom" with a stinger.
1969 Karmann Ghia - $5,000.

http://www.mecum.com/lot-detail/SC0516-249959/0/1969-Volkswagen-Karmann-Ghia/
There are four more photos at the website; none of them show the new interior.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Example of Overpriced Ghias & Ghia Parts Reply with quote

^^^Thats just a bad fake patina job on a 69 autostick, the back has been bashed on one side and the front end on the other....

from $8K to $17500...from a decent price to a "I am not going to sell it" price. The second quicky paint job is a deal killer for me. Overspray in the wheel wells looks like they sprayed over dirt. It's not close to original once the side trim was bondo'd over and the nose...and who knows how much more. Implying original 22K miles is dishonest selling. Original jack...that oughta be worth an extra grand Very Happy
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=693583&highlight=67+dc
Randall
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Example of Overpriced Ghias & Ghia Parts Reply with quote

c21darrel wrote:

from $8K to $17500...from a decent price to a "I am not going to sell it" price. The second quicky paint job is a deal killer for me. Overspray in the wheel wells looks like they sprayed over dirt. It's not close to original once the side trim was bondo'd over and the nose...and who knows how much more. Implying original 22K miles is dishonest selling. Original jack...that oughta be worth an extra grand Very Happy

Quote from the description: "The car is now running after 25 years off the road in a dry Californian garage and we seem to have brakes too."

Yeah. It's always a good idea to have brakes, especially before driving the car. Wink
mfemenel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 2:55 am    Post subject: Re: Example of Overpriced Ghias & Ghia Parts Reply with quote

I guess I'll post this in this forum. I definitely need some new shocks for my 71. I was going to run down to O'Reilly and pick up some KYB Excel-G's for the front. O'Reilly wants $41.99, RockAuto, $27.79. For that much of a difference I'll just do brakes today and wait to do shocks next weekend when they show up. Anyway, thought someone else might be looking too. Also, Rock Auto has the Sachs Touring for the rear, thought I'd try them out. I don't need performance, just nice handling on old country roads at reasonable speeds Smile Yeah, I sounded old there.
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: Example of Overpriced Ghias & Ghia Parts Reply with quote

Just read the ad, best painted ghia for 25K with laser straight gaps, then I noticed the trim on the door doesn't match the body.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1927411

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
SBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: Example of Overpriced Ghias & Ghia Parts Reply with quote

ALLWAGONS wrote:
Just read the ad, best painted ghia for 25K with laser straight gaps, then I noticed the trim on the door doesn't match the body.

K-Ghia? Rolling Eyes Okay everybody, show of hands. Who has ever called one a K-Ghia? I called mine a Ghia, I called it a Volkswagen, I called it a Karmann Ghia, I called it a car, probably even called it a POS a time or two. But can't say that I EVER called it a K-Ghia. Not talking

And why are so many people afraid to show pics of their engines in their ads? Eh?

mark tucker wrote:
I wouldent waste $ or thyme on building a small motor. build it big so it dosent have to work hard.remember it's only as fast as your foot alows it to be unless you build a small turd then it just stinks as it squishes up through your toes when you step on it.
KGCoupe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:24 am    Post subject: Re: Example of Overpriced Ghias & Ghia Parts Reply with quote

SBD wrote:
ALLWAGONS wrote:

K-Ghia? Rolling Eyes Okay everybody, show of hands. Who has ever called one a K-Ghia? I called mine a Ghia, I called it a Volkswagen, I called it a Karmann Ghia, I called it a car, probably even called it a POS a time or two. But can't say that I EVER called it a K-Ghia. Not talking

And why are so many people afraid to show pics of their engines in their ads? Eh?

For me, the chrome stinger protruding out from under the rear bumper is the highlight of that K-Ghia. Smile
bobnorman
Samba Newfoundlander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: Example of Overpriced Ghias & Ghia Parts Reply with quote

ALLWAGONS wrote:

Pax side of rear bumper is slightly drooped too... Picky I know, but if you're putting it out there as Laser straight then expect scrutiny. Also, the bumper on the front pax side looks a little dropped too, hard to tell from the pics with no front on shot, but distance between the bumper and turn signal looks much greater on that side.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=289807
Jos.Hall
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:37 am    Post subject: Re: Example of Overpriced Ghias & Ghia Parts Reply with quote

In the hopes of avoiding a retroactive post about overpaying for a ghia, would someone knowledgeable volunteer to look at a few pics of a '69 I'm looking at and let me know what they think its worth? I'd be happy to send pics or a link.

Thanks!
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:25 am    Post subject: Re: Example of Overpriced Ghias & Ghia Parts Reply with quote

Jos.Hall wrote:
In the hopes of avoiding a retroactive post about overpaying for a ghia, would someone knowledgeable volunteer to look at a few pics of a '69 I'm looking at and let me know what they think its worth? I'd be happy to send pics or a link.

Thanks!

Yes post it up in a new topic and the experts will give you an honest appraisal. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jos.Hall
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:37 am    Post subject: Re: Example of Overpriced Ghias & Ghia Parts Reply with quote

thanks John. Will do.
DMNCLNR
Sir Camp'alot

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Example of Overpriced Ghias & Ghia Parts Reply with quote

I emailed this guy to inform him that his car is indeed not a "hardtop" he told me not to be ignorant Laughing

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1939056
Pl@y@ #1
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
WooleyNelson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: Example of Overpriced Ghias & Ghia Parts Reply with quote

DMNCLNR wrote:
I emailed this guy to inform him that his car is indeed not a "hardtop" he told me not to be ignorant Laughing

since he seems adamant that it is a "hardtop" and what I can see of the top is rather suspicious looking, I'm gonna hazard a guess that it WAS a "hardtop" chopped into a convertible..........
DMNCLNR
Sir Camp'alot

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: Example of Overpriced Ghias & Ghia Parts Reply with quote

WooleyNelson wrote:
DMNCLNR wrote:

since he seems adamant that it is a "hardtop" and what I can see of the top is rather suspicious looking, I'm gonna hazard a guess that it WAS a "hardtop" chopped into a convertible..........

Yes we cleared this up in the ongoing conversation. I told him that's like saying Bruce Jenner is a man. There is something obvious that should be at least mentioned
Pl@y@ #1
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
canbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: Example of Overpriced Ghias & Ghia Parts Reply with quote

Thought I would update, I sold the 56 for a reasonable price a little under my asking price. It is staying somewhat local heading up the highway a couple of hours. Off to Edmonton, Alberta.

Tim.

Her 56 KG
His 56 KG
69 Single Cab, my new daily driver.
trelms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:12 am    Post subject: Re: Example of Overpriced Ghias & Ghia Parts Reply with quote

40gs for a 73 coupe????

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1944184

Please. The cars in the classifieds here are hilarious prices. Probably so people can insure them at high rates. Or get a loan for their build!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 86, 87, 88  Next
Jump to:
Page 31 of 88

Jump to: