Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

edfall - [email protected] - Ed Fall
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: edfall
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: March 18, 2024
hawaii five-o
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:57 am    Post subject: edfall - [email protected] - Ed Fall Reply with quote

I found out about Ed in a round about way through the classified ads in TheSamba. He also has a website: www.vintagewerks.com that was informative of his services.

He recently restored my 25hp fuel pump, 26VFIS carburetor, and 383 distributor. When I received them, they were packaged with great care & invidually separated in ziplock-type baggies. The USPS Priority Mail package was also insured (of course!)

All of the parts were expertly cleaned, restored, and detailed to a level beyond my capabilities! I was blown away! I believe these items will highlight my newly restored original-to-the-car, 25hp motor.

Ed was very informative throughout the process & prompt with his email responses. He gave me confidence that he was handling my precious parts with great care.

I ABSOLUTELY AM VERY HAPPY WITH HIS SERVICES!!!

He not only restores, he actually drives vintage VWs & believes in using original German parts.

Anyways, enough blowing him up...what else can I say?

Ed, YOU DA MAN!

ALOHA!
'55oval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just rec'd my rebuilt carb from Ed Fall, WOW nice enough to put in a curio vs. on my '55 oval. Real nice guy to deal with on the phone, even called me back which doesn't happen as much as it should today.
Steveo sjvwc.net
vwminister
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed is a personal friend of mine. Indeed, he does take the utmost care in every part that he works on. I've also observed the way he does business and the way that he treats people in general. It would be difficult to find a nicer and more honest man than Ed!
Brezelwerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vwminister wrote:
Ed is a personal friend of mine. Indeed, he does take the utmost care in every part that he works on. I've also observed the way he does business and the way that he treats people in general. It would be difficult to find a nicer and more honest man than Ed!

100%+ agree with those thoughts. In my past dealings with Ed also you always get more than what you pay for which is a rare thing today!

Gary
Tim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently made a purchase from Ed. Fast, friendly, answered all my questions and more. Highly recommended...
Thanks!

Annie Dillard

55 Rag Top
67 Westy
65Westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently bought a fuel pump from Ed. He shipped it out very quickly and answered a number of questions that I had. I would highly recommend him.

63 Beetle
72 Schnepp XL13 Vintage Formula Vee
72 Caldwell D13 Vintage Formula Vee
71 Super Beetle convertible
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ericktheelectrician
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed does some awesome work and would recommend to anyone who wants a beautiful job , a work of art on the outside with the extra steps he takes to do a nice job , I just had 2 28PCI carbs and 2 36 horse fuel pumps built by him , they were stolen from my door when they were delivered and he was going to rebuild 2 more sets at no charge since I didn't receive mine , but I ended up locating the original 2 sets he sent , Steve Hollingsworth and Bill Smith 2 other great guys in Phoenix where I live wre approached by someone selling them 2 days after they were stolen from my door and purchased them , when I called Bill he said he thought he might have bought them the week prior , upon seeing them I knew they were mine and the ones that Ed had restored due to the beautifully finished product that he turns out , so again I would definately recommend his services to anyone needing them , Erick The Electrician
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
focuszx3r
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought a restored fuel pump from Ed. He was great to work with and the unit he sent me is fantastic. Thanks a lot Ed!
wmcclay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a phone conversation with Ed I bought a 28 PCI carb from him. Paypaled the money on friday and recieved the carb on Monday from Utah!! What a beauitful piece of work. I would recomend Ed to anyone who needs a carb. Thank You Ed. Wayne
bill39568
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered a rebuilt 40 hp fuel pump, 28 PICT carb and a 4r5 distributor from Ed and all I can say is AWESOME. If you want resto quality, vintage werks is the place to go!! Excellent transaction, shipping and pricing. Ed goes above and beyond what you would expect.
Harris
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:57 am    Post subject: Ed Fall VintageWerks Reply with quote

Ed just finished restoring a Bosch JV/PAU 4R5 big cap for me. It looks better than new inside and out. Ed does top quality work bringing rebuilds up to correct standards. He has also help me save several old 40hp Pierburg fuel pumps with hard to find parts.

Thanks Ed.
FRK
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first contact Ed regarding a early 36hp fuel pump he said he didn't had one at that time but he search for one till he found one. Restored / rebuilded it and gave it to me at the Solvang show last year. It was perfect. Not only the pump looked like new but he when out of his way to find that and restored it for me.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I also got a 36hp block from Ed and it was just as described!!!

Thanks Ed for all you help!!
50 11A
49 11
48 11
RVA Car Club
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Roadcow
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed's work is first class. At the beginning of this month I delivered our 36Hp Challenge 28 PIC carb, 010, Distributor, and fuel pump to Ed. I got to see his process of rebuilding our carb. Now let me say this 50 year old carb had bent throttle linkage because of how gummed up it was, you could'nt open the butterfly it was so bad. I saw the many steps he goes through in this "Restoration" process. After completely dissasembling the carb ( everything just the body left) he cleaned in several steps the parts. He sends out the hard parts ( screws and even the springs you don't see inside the carb) to be plated and has a large stock on hand. After he cleans the body he turns the pressure way down low on his blast cabinet and brings back the finnish being careful to leave the OG casting marks in the body! Then he "faces" the mating surfaces and then polishes them to a mirror finnish using 2000 grit sandpaper on a completely flat surface. Does he need to do this? Probably not but Ed is a Pro at what he does. Our carb is a work of art, he used 3 different accelerator springs to get the "feel" just right.
I didn't get to see the whole process of the pump rebuild but it looks just as nice as the carb. the distributor rebuild was another education as well. Again everything comes apart ( Ed found a few problems with our 010 and had replacement parts on hand) and is cleaned and painted. Ed's distributor machine ( one of several Bosch units he has) is awesome. He marks on his paper 1-7 in our case and then starts the machine spinning and watches when the distributor advances 1 degree, then marks the rpm next to the 1 on his sheet, and repeats through 7. He then goes to his computor where he has the stock VW and Porsche advance curves and just plugs in the numbers he recorded earlier. His computor just overlays our readings in the stock advance curve and you get a printout! I was amazed at all of the work Ed does on his rebuilds. Frankly I think he's selling his services too cheap but don't tell him I said so. I heartilly reccomend Ed and his work.
66 Ghia Bonneville 2014
74 Ghia Vert
69 Bonneville Ghia 150 in Chico
69 Bonneville Ghia in Ireland
80 Cabby 2.1 16v
98 Passat
ksteckel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had Ed rebuild a 1300 Pierburg fuel pump for me. He is an extremely thorough and helpful when talking to him on the phone. I can't believe this is the same fuel pump I sent him. I will be sending him my distributor and carburetor as well. I would suggest if you are doing a restoration that you check out his website or contact him to see if he can service your components as well. I don't think you'll be disappointed. Thanks again Ed! I look forward to working wih you in the future.
lewis71bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I contacted Ed with a question about my rebuildable fuel pump and not only did he answer my question, but a few days later I receive the parts I needed, restored and an in mint condition! I can't say enough and I'm very thankful. His word is top of the line.
73 euro Bay camper (type 1 engine)
kyle_pc_75
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought an 019 from Ed. He's local, so I picked it up at his shop. Very clean, well organized shop which speaks volumes about the restoration work he does. He provided me with a printout of the advance curve of this particular distributor as tested on his distributor machine. Very professional.

I got the distributor installed today. I adjusted the point gap, set it to about 10' BTDC at idle, made sure it didn't advance too far, and took it for a drive. The off-idle response is incredible, what an improvement over the 009. My carb (Zenith 32NDIX) is a fresh rebuild and brand new to me, so it needs tuning, but I'm definitely impressed so far.

Highly recommended.

Kyle
hank-hill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a man of few words so all I will say is great product and would do business with again.

Hank Hill
Propane is King
Volumex
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a BR3 distributor sent to Ed for rebuild. The unit looked pretty average in the photos, so I wasn't expecting much could be done about it. I was hoping to find a good unit, but the little buggers are so rare I thought that I should just get it and keep looking for a better one to surface.
Pictures are worth 1000 words. This is what it looked like before Ed got it.

Then Ed worked his magic and now it looks infinitely better, and it works too!

Its almost as good as a new one - and an order of magnitude better than I ever hoped it would turn out.

I highly recommend Ed's work. His attention to detail is impeccable, his turnaround was astonishingly quick and from what I can tell from emails he is a top bloke. I am looking forward to sending him some more treasures for rebuilding!

(The rest of the rebuild piks are in here: http://picasaweb.google.com.au/lancia/VWStuff?feat=directlink you just need to go to almost the bottom.)
CLASSIC CAR GUY
Transport and Title Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got back a pair of 28 picts from Ed fall absolutly beautiful, its a shame they have to be hidden under a deck lid, Ed was right on the money with his price on the rebuild, and he orig told me 4-6weeks to get them done, had them done in under 4, thanks Ed,,,, 2 thumbs up!!! Dancing
61' Type 1
62' Type 1
64' Type 1
66' Type 1
66' Vert'
67' Type 1

"every one wants to reinvent the wheel, but nobody knows how to make it round"

Vintage Volkswagen Sales and Service as well as Classics and Muslcecars all located here in Phoenix Arizona at www.rpmotorcars.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
808OvalGreasemonkey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered a 36HP distributor from Ed,it is beautiful,and advance curve is spot on! Thanks!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: