Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 255, 256, 257 ... 420, 421, 422  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
THX 1138
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

6Kabrio7 wrote:
Someone needs to email this guy and give him the basics on how to create a car ad. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1921174

And what's up with that reflection in the headlight?
sportin-wood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 5:05 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

THX 1138 wrote:
6Kabrio7 wrote:
Someone needs to email this guy and give him the basics on how to create a car ad. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1921174

And what's up with that reflection in the headlight?

LMAO! Looks like he's wearing a speedo!
"Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman. He's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it." --- Jeff Spicoli
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
stale air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1933974

17k, and these are the best pics you could come up with for the add? Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

stale air wrote:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1933974

17k, and these are the best pics you could come up with for the add? Rolling Eyes

It also has the wrong rear apron, taillights are way off, the interior doesn't look finished, and in my opinion, the price is about $10,000 too high for what the car needs.
rcroane Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

I'm getting my wife one of these "Love Box Buttons" for our anniversary Laughing

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1935151
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

rcroane wrote:
I'm getting my wife one of these "Love Box Buttons" for our anniversary Laughing

I'd prefer a later model......
rcroane Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Quote:

Wife or button? Cool
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

rcroane wrote:
Quote:

Wife or button? Cool

Take it however you want. Lol.
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

This car has been up for sale for quite a while, and it's also been through some auctions where it never sold. It was listed here for $14,500, now Randy is trying to sell it for $2000 more? No offense to Randy, but how does him selling it make it worth more than what it already WASN'T selling for?

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1935340
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

jays58s wrote:
This car has been up for sale for quite a while, and it's also been through some auctions where it never sold. It was listed here for $14,500, now Randy is trying to sell it for $2000 more? No offense to Randy, but how does him selling it make it worth more than what it already WASN'T selling for?

The engine lid isn't fitted very well, looking at that one picture. It's not a bad looking bug but I wonder what it looks like up close, in person. That year bug is not a particularly coveted one.

The prices on Oldbug.com are certainly higher in most cases than anywhere else. I bought my 67 bug off Randy. Like most sellers, you can haggle with him and he'll go to the owner and see if he'll take your offer/price.

Randy was a nice guy.

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

wcfvw69 wrote:
jays58s wrote:

The engine lid isn't fitted very well, looking at that one picture. It's not a bad looking bug but I wonder what it looks like up close, in person. That year bug is not a particularly coveted one.

The prices on Oldbug.com are certainly higher in most cases than anywhere else. I bought my 67 bug off Randy. Like most sellers, you can haggle with him and he'll go to the owner and see if he'll take your offer/price.

Randy was a nice guy.

There's actually a lot of people that are into 58-59's, myself being one of them. There's a lot wrong with the car in the originality sense. The entire trunk is like a flat black primer, just things like that, that are cheaply done. The owner is actually a really nice guy, just a bit unrealistic on his price, and I think he's into it too much. I'm not sure why people don't understand that you don't always get out what you put in. It's been in an auction, that should always tell you where the market is for the most part. If it doesn't meet your reserve, then you're too high on your price.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

jays58s wrote:
It's been in an auction, that should always tell you where the market is for the most part. If it doesn't meet your reserve, then you're too high on your price.

I generally agree with you but this is not always true.

I've sold 2 cars to buyers for more than the cars ended up at on eBay.
Both did not meet reserve, both sold soon afterward.
One was for the reserve price, one was more.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

rcroane wrote:

Rats! My 20th was just the other day. I need "Samba Prime" to get that shipped here- pronto.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

I already posted this one, but the eBay auction goes into way more detail. I want to know what these appraisers are smoking, and this is by far, one of the worst "restorations" I've ever seen.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Volkswagen-Beetle-Classic-...1888268092
slave1pilot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/5581500194.html

"The title says it all. See photo"

No,no it doesn't.
It barely says anything.
How do people expect to sell their crap when they give you zero information besides price and year?

Currently:
1963 Ragtop Beetle
Previously:
1967 Beetle
1968 Beetle
1970 Beetle
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Are people really getting $275 for non working Sapphire Radios? I'm doing some work on a friends 59 Euro Ragtop, and after the major work has been completed, I thought I would see if I could get the radio working. I'm getting power to it, but no lights, or sound, so something's amiss. I checked the classifieds to maybe give them some options, and found nonworking/untested radios with asking prices from $150-$275? I probably would pay that for a known used working on, but for something untested? How difficult is it to get a speaker from Wolfsburg West, and a 6 volt lantern battery from Wally World?
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

I assume anything listed as untested is non-working and the buyers way of trying to pass off broken crap to others. Personally I steer clear of such vendors. If you don't have the time to test a radio you're trying to sell for $250, what else are you being lazy about?
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

It depends on the radio... Sapphire Is? Hell no, that is crazy.
The last one I sold recently was $75, untested but looked pretty nice.

AM/FM Sapphires... maybe, working ones might be more.
I sure as heck wouldn't sell my nice working Sapphire II for only $275.
There was a restored one at a show for $300 last year and I was thinking about it just to have another really nice one... it was gone when I looped around again.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:36 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Sharp64 wrote:
I assume anything listed as untested is non-working and the buyers way of trying to pass off broken crap to others.

One of the first ads I looked at was for a restored, excellent working Sapphire 1, and he noted something similar. After taking all of 15 minutes (of which 10 was trying to find a speaker) to test a customer's radio out of his 69 Camaro at work, it really got me thinking about his statement.

Yeah, I realize I'm looking for a radio that's 55+ years old for a 57 year old car, and they are getting much more difficult to find, but it's not like I'm trying to find a Telefunken in a Split Pod.
Lingwendil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:20 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

jays58s wrote:
I already posted this one, but the eBay auction goes into way more detail. I want to know what these appraisers are smoking, and this is by far, one of the worst "restorations" I've ever seen.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Volkswagen-Beetle-Classic-...1888268092

That's an awful lot of money and effort to pump into it and not do it right...

All the cheesy chrome engine bits, seat needs new padding, fuel filter about to crumble in the engine bay, doors not fitted correctly, tint looks cheap on these cars, headliner/interior not color matched to the paint correctly...

ugh. not restored.

"kustom" is what you call it at this point.

Modify your Kadrons for SVDA http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8115884#8115884

Cast iron VJU4BR8 SVDA reference thread- https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0

Need replacement filters for original Kadron aircleaners? WIX #42087 is a perfect fit, as is Napa Gold #2087!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 255, 256, 257 ... 420, 421, 422  Next
Jump to:
Page 256 of 422

Jump to: