Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Barndoor Deluxe not a sunroof?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. OGPaint
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Barndoor Deluxe not a sunroof? Reply with quote

It's becoming quite obvious from the period photos that many (1/2?) barn door 15 windows were not deluxe models, or not what what we would consider a "full deluxe" with body trim, rocker spears, and full bumper trim and/or body bumpers.

I believe two of these 15 window buses are n captivity now. Has anyone received a birth certificate for one of these buses. I'm very curious what the type is and the m-codes. Is it a 241?
RockStock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: Barndoor Deluxe not a sunroof? Reply with quote

There is not a build thread for the 51 15w.
I understand the VW certificate for it says 24S.
Lowdown Dirty Rat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Barndoor Deluxe not a sunroof? Reply with quote

It may have 24S on its birth certificate but it seems to be a misconception that 24S only relates to 'Micro Bus De-Luxe, Loading doors right, no sunroof, LHD' or 15 window deluxe. Does anyone know where this idea came from? Is there any factory literature?
You see my 52 deluxe has 24S stamped on the vin tag. So did my 51 deluxe and it came on both their VW birth certificates to. The two other 52 deluxes I currently have access to also have it on their vin tags as well.
Perhaps the S stands for the German for 'special' model. Unlike later Barndoor deluxes 51-52's run off the production line as sunroof standards and then had the skylight and corner Windows hand beaten in latter.
24S looks very much to mean any pre53 Deluxe.
I'd be interested to see what the vin and birth certificate say. I forgot to look at volksworld but I think I remember graham saying its 24S.
ambu55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Barndoor Deluxe not a sunroof? Reply with quote

...the VIN on the '51 (17671) said 24S Wink
chris67bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Barndoor Deluxe not a sunroof? Reply with quote

Any update on the crushed bus found in the quarry shown on page one?
spit nolan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:31 am    Post subject: Re: Barndoor Deluxe not a sunroof? Reply with quote

It's sat in Dai's barn waiting it's turn. ^

RSVP VW
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: