Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Good deals on Nice Vans
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 247, 248, 249 ... 325, 326, 327  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

good deal for someone on here.

man if it were ~5hrs to me I'd have this home for a daily driver

http://boulder.craigslist.org/cto/5614952192.html

Quote:
1990 Volkswagon Vanagon Van [Broken Engine] - $950 (Boulder)
I am selling my 1990 Volkswagon Vanagon Van. It broke down on its way up the hill from Louisville to Boulder on highway 36 and the mechanic I towed it to told me the engine was broken and would need to be replaced. I do not currently have the time or the energy to find a new engine and make this repair so I am putting it up for sale. For somebody willing to make this repair it will make a great car, and it has served me well for many years. Other than the broken engine it is in decent working condition. Seats fold down into a full size bed so it makes an excellent car for camping and moving. Asking $950 for it or best offer. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Reece (720) 383-0193 ext. 720

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dsdunbar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

I posted this in the "Good deals on bad vans" but thought maybe someone here would be interested (and wouldnt see it in the other thread).

Dana from Dasmule is giving away the following "runs/drives" van:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/pts/5617834906.html

I inquired because I saw the Syncro in the background and was wondering if the person was also parting with that (and thinking ti might be for a steal) but the email I got back indicated the syncro wasnt for sale...and obviously the folks at Dasmule know the value...but I digress.

Ad details:
Vanagon parts van. Runs and drives. Lots of good parts still on it. You must pick up. You must take ALL.

vanagon windshield, vanagon grill, vanagon headlights, vanagon dash, stock vanagon, vanagon engine cover, vanagon, vw van
ELO78
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

The price on this one could be a typo.

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/rvs/5622508831.html

Quote:
1990 VW Volkswagon Vanagon - $3500 (Vancouver)

Body is very solid. The paint is original. Garage kept. Full camper everything works on the van. It has automatic transmission. Interior is very nice with no rips or tears in upholstery or carpets and all curtains are there.
Text me if you have questions. Thank you!
christopherlayton
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

ELO78 wrote:
The price on this one could be a typo.

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/rvs/5622508831.html

Quote:
1990 VW Volkswagon Vanagon - $3500 (Vancouver)

Body is very solid. The paint is original. Garage kept. Full camper everything works on the van. It has automatic transmission. Interior is very nice with no rips or tears in upholstery or carpets and all curtains are there.
Text me if you have questions. Thank you!

Probably not a typo on all of these ads:
https://for-sale.yakaz.com/camper-van-new-jersey#lo=4&docid=0000hm8ar8v3ec0a

https://www.wheelson.net/rv-detail/ca/170296187562...ull-camper

http://newyork.craigslist.org/jsy/rvs/5584600403.html

Scam? Scam.
dsdunbar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

I posted this earlier and the price has dropped somemore. Am I the only one that thinks this is a good deal?

1982 Westy w/ 2.2L subaru engine (from a 1990 subaru).

Marysville WA, new price $6500

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/5614678800.html

1982 Volkswagen Vanagon Westfalia camper van. It has less than 1K on a 1990 subaru 2.2 motor, manuel lots of power for hills/ freeway cruising, long road trips good tires, has been extremely well maintained great condition. Includes stove, fridge, sink w/water 12 volt 120 volt gas fold down z bed pop up top, tables, stereo system sub amp bike racks tow hitch steel bumpers roof rack mounts For more info and pics call Scott I'm trying to load pics ? Great Van, ready for camping summer road trips.$ for quick sale westy westfalia vanagon This is a great deal for 7900 OBO must sell first come no pay pal or holding/deposits sorry cash/cashiers check only Thanks

dobryan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

dsdunbar wrote:
I posted this earlier and the price has dropped somemore. Am I the only one that thinks this is a good deal?

Wonder how good the engine conversion is..... maybe not so good if they are selling after only 1000 miles....and taking a bath on the price considering what the conversion may have cost.... hmmm....if it is too good to be true maybe it is?

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive." Robert Louis Stevenson

MD>Canada>AK>WA>OR>CA>AZ>UT>WY>SD
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=620646

Building a bus for travel in Europe (euroBus)
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=695371

The Western Syncro build
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=746794
Red Beard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

dsdunbar wrote:

1982 Volkswagen Vanagon Westfalia camper van. It has less than 1K on a 1990 subaru 2.2 motor, manuel lots of power for hills/ freeway cruising, long road trips good tires, has been extremely well maintained great condition. Includes stove, fridge, sink w/water 12 volt 120 volt gas fold down z bed pop up top, tables, stereo system sub amp bike racks tow hitch steel bumpers roof rack mounts For more info and pics call Scott I'm trying to load pics ? Great Van, ready for camping summer road trips.$ for quick sale westy westfalia vanagon This is a great deal for 7900 OBO must sell first come no pay pal or holding/deposits sorry cash/cashiers check only Thanks

My brother looked at that van:

Weird coolant system setup with rear radiator and manually switched fans, non-stock small front radiator as well.

Giant rust hole in the floor covered by carpet, you only see it if you get under the van and look. Guy pretended he had no idea it was there.

Seller bought the van like 2 weeks before for a lot less, knows nothing about its history, tries to hide that fact, and overall I think is not very honest. Says the engine is rebuilt in 1000 miles ago but that was supposedly by the previous owner and no paperwork or other way to prove it.

Edit: Oh yeah, it somehow manages to feel more sluggish with that subaru motor than my 2.1 WBX automatic does.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
syncrodoka
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Syncro with 130K miles and it has a rear locker. Complete but a project.
http://www.copart.com/us/Lot/25155406?searchId=1505801644
Bidding ends tomorrow(6/23) at 10:00 am. Currently at $1200
BavarianWrench
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

syncrodoka wrote:
Syncro with 130K miles and it has a rear locker. Complete but a project.
http://www.copart.com/us/Lot/25155406?searchId=1505801644
Bidding ends tomorrow(6/23) at 10:00 am. Currently at $1200

do we know what it ended up going for?
TheArmand
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

It's right here but man oh maaaan. Want. What a perfect donor Syncro. He even says OBO!

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1947971
Paulbeard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

This just came across the TiiCo list…maybe not everyone's idea of a nice van but it looks like a good starting point.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/cto/5688958385.html

Quote:
If you ask a question that is answered in this add you will not get a response , don't waste my time I won't waste yours . I've owned van for 15 years was stock when I purchased with the exception of the sweet 6x9 mod.87 Wolfsburg body , 88-91 rear windows , power locks and Windows ,mirrors (locks have never functioned but all the pieces are there) . Koni reds , van cafe bbk, updated F.A.S.T down pipe, HO tiico , high r&p and 4/5 European import 5 speed from GTA fully updated low miles luk clutch. Passenger seat swivel .custom Yakima towers (half as high as stock towers) comes with ski ,bike , boat attachments with integrated awning ( I should have a different/more coverage fabric than one in pics ) awning takes about 2min longer to set up then a fiama but is bomb proof no need to take down in high winds and does not need any downward bracing or supports and no noise on highway , I used to keep bars in roof top box that was cut opened and ruined by thieves .Audi 16" wheels with adapters . Dual battery , loud stereo , HO headlight kit . Rubber floor mats , front end recent . Brakes have new rotors and pads less than 1k on them . Inverter . New gas tank (not resealed) bunch of random parts including new set of scrapers , tinted blinkers.

It does need tires , head gasket , and some cleaning , maybe battery ,body is not perfect but no major rust or damage . Interior is not perfect .Slider door card is warped , has 6x9 holes in doors speakers have been stolen still has nice 4" 2way diamond audio door speakers and bazooka tube with upgraded sub under back seat 500 watt amp under drivers seat , usb input on pioneer stereo w/remote
Located right off Hwy 16 & tremont exit easy access.
I'm open to offers of cash in my face ,I'm not negotiating via email , phone,text I'm not waiting for you to sell something , holding until you get back from vacation or get the ok from the boss or shipping anywhere . First one to come look at it that puts enough cash in my face gets it . If it's paid for I will coordinate with a shipping agent . If it's paid for it can sit in my yard as long as you like . If it's paid for you can do the head gasket at my house . I am motivated to sell . Only trade I might be interested in is in a early 70's k5 4x4 maybe a cj7 or lamp working equipment . Clean title.
Thanks

Quote:
Git 'r DONE!
— dhaavers
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ELO78
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:52 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

https://corvallis.craigslist.org/cto/5691378720.html

Quote:
1986 VW Westfalia Weekender - $7000 (Corvallis)

1986 VW Westy Weekender - Wolfsburg Edition. ~188K miles. Manual Transmission. Completely rebuilt engine in 2008 by Autowerks. Runs great, no known mechanical problems. List of upgrades from GoWesty includes: 15" GoWesty alloy wheelset (~$500), GoWesty plate steel bumpers with integrated hitch (~$1000), Big Brake kit (~$500), High-Powered Headlight kit (~$100), new upholstery on rear bench seat and rear cushion (~$500), 3-point seatbelts in rear (~$300, installed professionally by GoWesty), excellent sound system (Alpine CD with 2 piece speakers in door (~$1000, rear speakers negotiable), passenger seat on swivel. We have owned this vehicle for over 10 yrs and would not be getting rid of it except to upgrade. Asking $7000 obo. Email or call.

TurtsMcSlow
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

What do you all think about this one?

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1949909

Buyer has also said this-

Attached you will find additional photos of my 1991 Westy for sale. This is a full camper with all equipment, plus a few extras. Original engine (117k) works fine, with no leaks I can detect, and has a 4-speed original manual transmission. I have owned this van for the past 20 years and have neither the inclination nor energy, or resources, to continue its up-keep. We raised three kids in this van while enjoying the outdoors. It needs a new enthusiast with resources and skills who’s looking for a project this year. There is some significant rust (see photos), but anyone skilled in auto bodywork could solve that. The original paint (Orly Blue) remains intact. There are no rips or tears, but interior needs a good cleaning. Many have asked “Could it make it across country?” to which I have responded, “No guarantees, but I think it could.” I continue to drive it to this day.

What doesn’t work:

air conditioning (heater’s fine though).

power windows, door locks, and mirrors (were disconnected and replaced with manual window cranks).

Dometic fridge needs new ignitor.

What needs replacing:

muffler (but not exhaust pipes)

propane tank and assembly guard plate

gas tank fill pipe (new kit included)

usual tubes and bushings that tend to wear-out over time

What’s extra:

repair manual

kit for converting fridge to cabinet space

removable jump seat (rear-facing) behind front passenger seat

Go Westy rain-fly for pop-up

custom-made front peace sign insignia

additional interior lights and towel paper holder

20 years of great family memories

Here are the rust pics-

[/img]
dixoncj
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

You could not pay me to own that van. The rust is way too far along. That's 15-$20K in repairs - and even then, I guarantee it's way up in the frame and sheetmetal in places you can't see. Might be worth it if you want to buy it for parts and graft 'em onto a hardtop.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DwarfVader
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

*edited for stupidity by poster*

I'll find my van someday, or it will find me.

Last edited by DwarfVader on Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
JustsomeKentuck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Seeing the rust pics makes me feel better about what I just purchased. I'm having one shipped from Oregon, but could drive to Bloomington in a couple of hours. When I saw the first pics I was disappointed. Seeing the rest and reading about it more makes me feel better.
With as much as it needs done, I don't think it'd be a good parts vehicle for me.
Thanks for posting though.
TurtsMcSlow
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

DwarfVader wrote:
plus... it's been sold already, owner has not updated the posting.

Why do you think it's been sold? All of my correspondence with him doesn't lead me to think that. I'm supposed to drive up there to look at it.
DwarfVader
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

TurtsMcSlow wrote:
DwarfVader wrote:
plus... it's been sold already, owner has not updated the posting.

Why do you think it's been sold? All of my correspondence with him doesn't lead me to think that. I'm supposed to drive up there to look at it.

I am all sorts of incorrect and have edited the post appropriately... totally thought it was a different rig from this last weekend.

swear to god, this weekend was just a whole mess of the world taunting me with westies... summer Sad

I'll find my van someday, or it will find me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
MidwestDrifter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

That level of rust is beyond cosmetic. The structure of the van may be compromised. That means that many of the seams and spot welds (even in areas without holes!) may be in bad shape. Shocked
Epic Road Tripping since 08/05/12 | http://VagariesAbound.blogspot.com/
My Current Build | http://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41215
dustinwor
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

4k for a california clean multivan Shocked

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/cto/5693990018.html
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 247, 248, 249 ... 325, 326, 327  Next
Jump to:
Page 248 of 327

Jump to: