Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Need help posting pictures...please
Forum Index -> Site Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saggs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:56 am    Post subject: Need help posting pictures...please Reply with quote

Can anyone spare some time to help me post some pics of my resto work and parts for sale? I am able to send my digital pics to people via email, but am unable to get them to this site. Yes I have tried the instructions that Everett put in the FAQ's but to no avail. If someone wants to PM me I'll give my phone # and they could help me out over the phone. Thanks, I really appreciate any help.
Enkiel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is the error it gives you? you might have to resize your picture... which isnt hard, you can do it with Microsoft Paint.
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might have the resolution set too high. 640x480 works the best. Anything larger and the system can't handle it. There are many programs available, for free, that you can use to resize your pictures.
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you read these?
How to resize photos
How to post photos in the forum

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tcash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:13 am    Post subject: Posting pictures Reply with quote

raygreenwood wrote:

How to post pictures on the Samba basic:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

First...open up two Samba pages at one time...one to write your post and one to pull pictures from the gallery from so you dont have to jump around so much. The upper left corner of your computer screen should look like this

So on the home page...the first screen that comes up when you log into the Samba....hover your mouse pointer (the curser) over the gallery tab and a menu will drop down. Slide the mouse down and click on "add pictures".

This page comes up. You need to type in a title where the red circle is …..or even just a number so YOU know what it is….then click the arrow pointed out by the red arrow…and scroll down to choose a category where the image is going to be stored on the Samba.

So far it should look like this…and information in the black circles must be there…all else is optional and not needed just to post pictures.

Look over on the lower left edge of the page and you will see this paragraph. The part circled in red is critical. If the image is either wider or longer than 1600 x 1600 pixels…it will not load.

Don’t worry about what pixels mean…just remember your limit is 1600 x 1600....length by width.
So…before you start doing anything else…..take the pictures you want to use…and resize them. I have no idea what camera software you are using in your computer so I can only help so much with that….but double click on the picture file on your computer so you are looking at it on your computer screen.
Usually you can look at the top of the page and see a tab or button that says edit. Click on that and it will usually either give you a choice of what to edit with or open it up in windows. Underneath the edit tab will usually be a button that says RESIZE

Example…when I click on mine in my software…I see this. This is the picture I want to resize. See the edit tab on the upper left corner circled? Look for something like that.

When I click on that I get this menu. See the button down low that says RESIZE? Click on that.

Something like this should open up. See the numbers circled? It should say no more than 1600 x 1600 here.

So…..in the box where the number is larger…in this case 3872….put your curser there behind the 2 and backspace 4 times. In most software the picture will disappear for a second. Type in 1600 and hit enter. The picture will reappear smaller…and the number in the box on the right will change automatically to the correct size it needs to be.

In this case I typed in 1595 in the left box…hit done or enter …and it automatically changed the number in the right hand box to 1068.

In this way the pictures does not stretch or distort. Always change the larger number only whether it’s in the left or right box…and the other box will follow it proportionally.
And notice the smaller picture on the right now.
Now hit save. Save these on your desktop, pictures folder in your computer or make a folder with a name for them.

Now back to the main course:

So now you are here. You have resized photos saved in a folder and you have the name/title chosen and a VW category chosen.

Click on one of the “choose file” buttons in the red circle.

A box like this should pop up on the left or right showing files in your computer. Open the folder or go to the desktop or wherever you stored the resized pictures you want to post.

Right click with your mouse ...once.... on the resized picture you want.... to highlight it blue…then click open…the red arrow.

The box to the left will disappaer...and the picture file will show as numbers or the picture name next to each "choose" button…red circle. You can load up to 10 at a time….10 buttons.
Then click the submit button…ONLY CLICK IT ONCE…..red arrow. It will look like it’s doing nothing…but you can see it loading over in the lower left corner….green arrow.

Once your pictures are uploaded....you will see a title page that looks just like after you post a normal post to the forum for about 10 seconds. And then you will see this page showing your pictures now uploaded in the gallery. There will be images of each picture to the left and boxes with numbers and code to the right....in the red circle

Notice the code in the box over on the right in the oval? That’s what you want. Left click on it ONCE to highlight it blue. Then Right click your mouse and click COPY.

Now...go to the other Samba page you have open where you are wrting your post…write what you want to say…..then where you want to put this picture….place the curser/arrow there…Left click to make the blicking line stay there......then Right click your mouse and select PASTE from the menu that drops down.
It will stick that code you copied from the gallery page there. Finish your post and hit submit…..and your picture will magically appear in the forum.

Ray
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Site All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: